5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet looking balance bike!
We bought this bike for my son's Christmas present - he turns 3 just yesterday. We were also given a Kazam bike for his Christmas gift so we had to decide between the two. We picked this Chicco up at the main wholesale club for nearly 40% less than the price listed here.

Published on December 20, 2011 by K. Gaskins

3.0 out of 5 stars Not For the 90%
Most balance bikes come with a seat adjustment range of 4 - 6.5". The Chicco Red Bullet only has a two inch adjustment span with a seat height of between 13-15".
It is recommended to have the saddle height at one to one and a half inches lower than your child's inseam.
Published on October 31, 2011 by Kaleena

3.0 out of 5 stars Not For the 90%, October 31, 2011
This review is from: Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike (Toy)
My 3 year old is within the 90th percentile for his height, and has an inseam of 17" (he wears 4T pants or 3T tall pants to give you a reference). Which means at the age of 3 he's already outgrown this toy which is meant for 3+ years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet looking balance bike!, December 20, 2011
K. Gaskins (Near the sound, Washington) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike (Toy)

For looks: the Chicco bike wins it. This is a GREAT looking bike, much better than the plain flat paint and stainless steel of the Kazam.

For size: The Chicco doesn't have much adjustment room at all. But frankly, since pedals aren't an issue here, it doesn't matter if the bike is too small - what you can't have is one that is too big. Our son was just now 3 (75% height) and frankly, he still had some room to grow on this bike. For reviewers saying this bike was too small for their 3 year old, while yes, they could probably use a bigger bike, they certainly could still use this. For reasons listed below, we ended up giving this to another boy turning 3, and it fit him fine too and he's 90% for height for 3 year olds. At the party, a tall 6 year old girl was using this bike just fine and said it was a lot of fun! So I really wouldn't let height turn you away from this if you're not wanting to drop the 100 dollars on the pricier bikes.

For construction: Easy to put together, but I agree with another reviewer that the wrench that provide is a bit cumbersome as the seat limits how far you can turn the screw, so a bunch of little movements to get things tightened up..doable, but irksome.

For use: All the kids at the party jumped on the bike ranging from 2-6 years old, they all had fun on it in whatever varying degree they could us it. It's crazy lightweight so no one had problem lugging it about - a concern I actually have for the heavier Kazam. Some of those kids were heavy set as well, and the bike held up well.

Now, why we kept the Kazam instead of this one? Mainly becuase the Kazam cost more and our friend would be happy by getting a balance bike too. Chicco's bike looks so better than Kazam's we really debated keeping it. The Kazam does have more adjustability in height but actually starts out just a bit taller which we didn't like. Kazam is definitely heavier, so we are concerned we may have made the wrong choice, but the good reviews on the Kazam bikes vs. limited reviews here made us keep the more expensive one. We may regret this choice come Christmas day when our son tries it out.

So I have no long term review for this bike, however, for the price I felt it was worth comparing to the pricier bikes. This is a fantastic little bike and I wouldn't let the reviews about size stop you from buying it seeing how much of a height and age range I saw use this little bugger this last week. That, and it's a fantastic looking bike. Since it sounds like kids outgrow their balance bikes quickly, I think many should consider this bike, even if you can't the ridiculous low price that I got!!

3/13 Edited to add: So my son took to his Kaazam bike just fine but I still think the Chicco held its own. My friend's son has used and abused his Chicco bike. They leave it outside and it works and looks wonderful still. He is now 4 and still using it and his 2 year old sister attempts to use it too. My son enjoys his Kazaam bike but actually preferred a different brand (unknown) that a different friend that came with a handbrake on it. Both bikes are great and because I was able to get the Chicco for less than half the price of the Kazaam, I would have gone that route should I need to purchase again- which I'm considering for my 2 year old since this bike is so light.

3/14- Edited to add about balance bikes in general- using a balance bike my son learned to ride his two wheeler without training wheels and no accidents. Seriously, he just took off on it after spending some solid time on the balance bike and we never went through the hassle of holding the seat and running with him. My son got a balance bike when he turned three in Decmember (And obviously didn't get to use it until summer give the winter.) The 2nd summer he was riding his bike and now my daughter, almost 3, has inherited the balance bike

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 3-yr-old!, May 18, 2012
This review is from: Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike (Toy)
My son is 3 years old, 38 inches tall and weighs 28 pounds, so he is a little on the small side, but this bike is perfect for him! We saw a more expensive version at a store, and he fell in love with it. I went online and narrowed the choice down to this one and a wooden one from Costco. I showed him pictures of both, and he picked this one, I think because it looks more like a "real" bike than the wooden bike does. Here's why we like it:
1. Super-easy to put together. I left to run errands for 45 minutes, and while I was gone, the bike arrived in a box, my 13-year-old son put it together and when I returned, he was outside with his little brother playing with it! I had read on here a couple of complaints about assembly, but my 13-yr-old did it on his own.
2. It's super-lightweight. My 3-yr-old is able to haul it around with him everywhere. I was amazed at how light it is.
3. It looks really cool, like a real bike.
4. It seems sturdy. The weight limit says 55 pounds. For those who are worried that their 4 or 5-yr-olds might be too big, my 9-yr-old son (who is light for his age at 53 pounds) got on the bike and took it for a spin to show his brother how it worked. Yes, he looked ridiculous on it, but he could ride it with his knees way up.
5. I'm really sold on the balance bike concept. When I was trying to teach my twins to ride a bike a few years ago, I put them on the 12-inch bikes with the training wheels removed even though they were ready for 16-inch bikes, to give them the confidence to ride. If they felt nervous, they could immediately put their feet down. It worked well, but when they did fall, the pedals often scraped or bruised their legs and feet. I like how there are no pedals, so the couple of times my 3-yr-old has fallen, he just lays down and nothing scrapes him.
Altogether, we are very pleased with this purchase, especially the price. Others we looked at are twice as much, which seems ridiculous when he will probably only use it for one or two summers.
UPDATE: We have now had the bike for two months, and he still LOVES it. We even threw it in the car for our cross-country road trip because it is so small and lightweight. For about the first month, he would walk along with it, always with one foot down, but now he proudly tells us he can "glide." He can now start at the top of our driveway, which is on a reasonable slant, coast all the way down the driveway, across the street and up our neighbors' driveway without stopping (under careful supervision, of course!)We've had many comments on how well he is able to ride it at such a young age. People are so surprised that he can balance so well. I would absolutely recommend this product to other parents of toddlers/preschoolers. I think he has so much confidence now that a "real" bike will be easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a 2,5 year-old girl, February 19, 2012
This review is from: Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike (Toy)
MY 2,5 year-old daughter is hardly in the %50 and I hesitated to buy the bicycle when I saw that it is for kids older than 3. Encouraged by the reviews, I still bought it and everyone is very happy. However, I would not recommend it for taller 3Ts let alone 4Ts. IT is a sturdy, easy to carry-along bicycle for 2 and 3 year-olds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Balance bike for small Toddler/children, November 11, 2011
This review is from: Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike (Toy)
Got this bike for our 2 year old grandson's birthday (size 3T). Was going to get a second one for his 4 yr old sister (size 5T) but turns out she was too tall for it. As other reviewers have said this is a very small bike and works great for a 2 year old but does not have much room for growth. I suggest they put inseam measurement ranges on the packaging. Had to get the M-Wave Child's Running Bike, which has the addition of a front hand brake, for his sister.

The bike is well made and not difficult to put together but the wrench tool included was awkward to use since it was not bent to fit the space to easily adjust the seat. Bike is light weight enough for our grandson to easily pick up & he learned quickly how to manage it. Bike doesn't have a brake but think he may have had a hard time learning a hand brake at his age anyway. He loves it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great balance bike, February 23, 2014
This review is from: Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike (Toy)
I read all the reviews about the height of children in relation to this bike. My daughter is 34 months old and is 38 inches tall. We had to raise the bike seat about 1/2 an inch for her, but I see plenty of room for growth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chico red bullet, July 1, 2012
This review is from: Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike (Toy)
This product is very sturdy and easily assembled. I was uncertain how my 18 month old grandson would accept it but he took to it right away and readily plays with it with little prodding. He has many trikes and things to play with and this is a good addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Size is just fine!, September 19, 2013
Corey Perez (Fairbanks (AK)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike (Toy)
I've seen a bunch of reviews that state the bike is too small. Our 3 year old is the nearly the size of our 5 year old and he had no problems riding this (Both are boys). The bike is very durable and even the 7 year old son didn't break it when riding it.

I rated this as very educational. Only because we have had numerous balance bikes and purchased this one for a summer trip to see family in Michigan (We live in Alaska and didn't bring a bike with us). We have noticed that our two other boys having grown up on Balance bikes have made an immediate (and painless) transition into self-propelled 2wheelers.

These bikes are highly recommended. I don't see how there would really be an issue especially when we have a full size 7 year old who enjoys riding these as well.

Corey

5.0 out of 5 stars Has become the #1 most favorite toy, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike (Toy)
Got this for my grandson's 3rd birthday. Even after Christmas, he still goes back to this each day. It's small enough for him to ride in the house and he goes around and around on it. (He's about 30" tall and the bike seat in the lowest position is a perfect fit.) If you have a child with ADHD tendancies or other behavior issues, this bike is especially great therapy. The motion, the pushing... all great sensory activities. And the bonus is that his balance is improving and he will probably be ready for a regular bike without training wheels by the time he's 4. Skip the tricycle and get this instead!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely light-weight yet sturdy balance bike for beginners, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike (Toy)
The Red Bullet is incredibly light weight, but still manges to feel very sturdy. My older kids have ridden it to demonstrate for their little brother and it's held up great despite them exceeding the weight limit. The handle bars are also wider than on most balance bikes, making it easier to control and steer. I also like that the Red Bullet looks just like a regular bike, not like the much more expensive, wooden versions. I came close to giving up on it though! My son had 3 unsuccessful attempts at riding this bike because he kept looking for pedals, like on his older siblings' bikes. He'd get frustrated and walk away from the bike. After 3 tries now, my son is starting to get the hang of his new bike. Now he can move along at a good pace and really seems to enjoy it. On slight downhill surfaces like our driveway, he'll even lift his feet to glide all the way. If he gets pooped out from riding out too far, it's easy for a big kid or grown-up to carry the bike with one hand and very little effort. My son is 23 months old, 37 inches tall and the bike is just the right height for him now. I'm pretty confident that he'll be riding a bicycle without training wheels in a short amount of time and we'll be able to take family bike rides together. This bike is an incredible value and I'm so glad I found it!

Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike