4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this thing
First, since I'm only rating the stroller and not the entire system, I can't give it 5 stars. The stroller deserves 5 stars though. Our infant was too big for the car seat when we bought it so we haven't had a chance to use it yet. We bought this system because we wanted the stroller but since it didn't come without the car seat we just gave in and bought the whole thing...
Published on October 4, 2008 by Brady'sMommy

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the carseat, wish I hadn't bought the travel system (stroller)
As a first-time parent (my child is now a toddler), I did hours and hours of research and visited Babies-R-Us several times before deciding on this travel system. If I had things to all do over again, I would purchase the car seat by itself and forget about the stroller. I found that there was not too much difference between car seat weights from when comparing one good...
Published on September 8, 2010 by James Williams

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 430 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars From a Dad's Point of View, May 20, 2010
To any expecting Dad out there, this review is for you.

There is no greater joy in life than being married to a wonderful woman and bringing into this world a new life.

With that being said...

The next day after we found out that we were having a baby, my research began with this criteria.

Safety.

Quality.

Feel.

(Notice looks, price, gimmicks are left out)

Safety First - There is no greater fear for a first time Mom to see any kind of harm bestowed upon her child. As her husband, my first responsibility to her is to create an environment where she feels safe and comfortable. 1) The Chicco Car Seat is rated #1 hands down for safety. 2) There are no sharp edges. 3) The base has an adjustable riser to accommodate every type of rear seat to ensure that the car seat sits at the recommended angle. 4) The adjustable five point harness is similar (not quite as extensive) to a race car. 5) My chiropractor actually gave this seat two thumbs up in maintaining proper posture.
1) The stroller is designed in a way that the frame supports the stroller in its entirety, not just key points. 2) It's folding mechanism is away from the child. 3) The base of the seat folds up to protect a smaller child's feet. 4) The rear brake engages both rear wheels. 5) The elliptical tube reinforced aluminum frame.

Quality doesn't come cheap unless purchased at [...] - 1) Chicco uses high quality, durable, weather proof, easy to wash, non-fade padded material. 2) Smooth operation of the folding mechanism. No jerks, or glitches. 3) Space age plastic for strength and safety. 4) Take a look at the FRAME! you know right away this is quality stuff. No alignment problems, no shifting, no warping, no "it looks kind of crooked". 5) The parts fit perfectly with no left over screws.

Feel - I feel good about owning a Chicco product. I enjoy pushing my child around in this stroller. It feels safe. It feels high quality. So far it has stood the test of my wife's abuse. (I'll explain this in a bit). Try visiting your nearest baby store. Stop and ask any Dad how they feel about their Chicco stroller. Why? Because I did. And now that i own one, couples approach us on any occasion and ask us about Chicco. In fact, other Chicco owners actually smile and wave at us when they see we have something in common. Can't beat that feeling...

Why not looks, price, and gimmicks...
I'll put things in perspective...honestly, if this stroller last me 9 months, then the cost of ownership would be $1.00 a day for me. I call that a bargain because i know for us that this stroller will last us for more than a year. Be realistic... Babies grow... that's what they do. It's more important that they grow up in a safe and healthy environment. That's how this Dad thinks. Babies 'look' cute no matter what they wear or what stroller they are in. Besides, my baby is the cutest and that's all that matters to me... (^_^) Gimmicks..don't need it, they often are the reason for things breaking... As for convenience, from a negative review, "the basket underneath is hard to access and the stroller is hard to maneuver in the isle while shopping." I go shopping with my wife or I make sure she goes with one of her friends when she has the baby. This is for the Dads - until your baby is able to sit in a forward facing child seat, you must not allow your wife and child to do activities that your wife has to compromise the use of both hands. Yes, carrying groceries, even if it's one bag, and pushing baby is compromising their safety. Be a real man and go shopping with your wife.

At first, my wife was skeptical about this stroller because of the weight. My wife is 5'0" weighs under 95 lbs. Petite as can be. "I'll never be able to lift that thing into the RAV-4." It all changed when she gave birth one month premature. Our delivery Hospital was very strict. Our nurse came out to inspect my 4Runner (good thing I washed it). Upon opening the door, the first words out of her mouth was, "Oh good! You have a Chicco seat." My wife hasn't said a peep since.
Knowing that my wife is a little petite, she has no problems folding the stroller and lifting it into the back cargo area. my wife has now learned to lay the stroller flat when placing it into the cargo area, since items may shift while driving, hence the abuse. But as the baby gets heavier, my wife gets stronger, so lifting the stroller is no problem at all.

I think I have said enough, wrote enough. Dads out there - know that if you want the best for your child, it starts the day the are conceived.

5.0 out of 5 stars among the best strollers, May 19, 2009
Excellent stroller!
I bought it to use it with my newborn baby.
The Keyfit30 worked fine up to 9 months.
The stroller did perfect with no problem on streets, the beach and the farm.
It fits perfect in our car (Fiat Siena '08) and the weight was enough to let have it a few seconds in hands (that happened because our flat had troubles with the elevator!!)
There's no cons on this stroller because it was perfect all the time.
It's a good option for a new baby. We just sell it to a friend and bought a Pliko P3 (the other side of the moon! hehehe)
Let's see what will it be.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, November 17, 2008
I love this travel system. So far my only complaint is how heavy it is. Other than that it has been wonderful. The car seat does not fit in shopping carts but I wear a sling anyway, so this was not a factor in my rating. It's really easy to use and has great safety reviews. My little guy (who is average in size) is 6 months old and still fits great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, August 13, 2013
I was completely overwhelmed by all of the stroller/car seat options. My husband and I finally just went and test-drove strollers. This stroller was great. Positive reviews from my neighbor finalized my decision to purchase this travel system. The car seat base is a cinch to install (using the LATCH system). It literally takes less than 5 minutes to put in, and seconds to take out. The car seat is great. The fabric does make my daughter hot, but I live in a warm place, and parents I know with other car seat brands have all said the same thing about their car seats. The canopy is a little short, but this is not a make it or break it for me. The stroller is great. It folds and unfolds easily, and turns on a dime. It is so easy to push and maneuver. My husband likes the adjustable handle. One slightly annoying feature is that when the stroller is fully reclined (which it must be for the car seat to sit in it), there is very little room for the diaper bag to fit. I solve this by throwing the few essentials in the basket and leaving the rest in the car, or just carrying the bag on my shoulder. I do have some Mommy hooks, but you have to be careful as if too much weight is left on the handle the stroller will tip. Overall I have gotten lots of use out of the stroller with the car seat attachment, and I plan on much more use over the next year or two. Also worth noting, Chicco runs GREAT promotions. At the time I bought the travel system, they ran a promotion to get a free base. So for submitting proof of purchase and completing steps on their website, I have a second base that was free to go in my husband's car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stroller!, December 19, 2010
My husband & I looked at many strollers before registering for this for our baby. We looked at Graco, Peg Perego and Chicco. The Chicco was our favorite for many reasons. The main one was the way it folded up. Many strollers fold down to the ground causing you to have to bend down and pick it up, which is extra work for me, no thank you. The Chicco key fit folds up with the handle at the top making it easier to pick up. Also folded you can push it to a destination rather than have to carry it. Also this is one of the only strollers that lays flat with a security tab at the bottom so when your baby is sleeping in the stroller they can not slide down. Also the cup holders are removable for easy cleaning. I like the opening for the diaper bag or whatever in the back of the stroller rather than the front as some have. This makes it easier to get things out of the back. The car seat is great also, fits well & easily in the stroller.
We love this stroller & car seat and it weighs less than most of the comparable strollers. My friend also said she doesn't like the Graco much because the back wheels come out farther than the front, which makes it hard for her to gauge how wide of isles she can fit down. This stroller is rated highest for safety also. =)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, TONS of use!, April 6, 2011
Carseat:
Pros: My daughter was 5 lbs 6 oz when she was born, and this seat fit her perfectly. I have always felt this car seat was very well designed and safe.It was easy to snap in and out of the base to get in/out of the car. And I thought it was very easy to install with the latch system. My daughter always measured on the small side, and didn't get over 20 lbs until she was around 1 1/2, so we got A LOT of use out of this, and it has held up very well. The cover comes off (somewhat difficultly) but always cleaned up very nicely. I could usually use a dust buster to get the crums or a washcloth to clean the pad (the material is very easy to keep clean), and didn't feel like it was necessary to remove the cover very often. I plan on using this seat for my next child due soon, and don't feel like it looks like a hand-me-down at all!

Cons: I am petite (5'0"), and did find it heavy to carry when she got bigger...but it seemed like all the safer car seats were going to be heavy, so I just dealt with that or always had my hubby carry it when he was around. As soon as she was old enough to start sitting up, I would always just opt to take her out of the car seat instead of keeping her in it and having to lug it in/out of the car and all around. I wish there was a safer way for it to fit into a shopping cart. I ended up turning it sideways over the main basket part, because I could not see over the carseat if I tried to put it in the front of the shopping cart over the seats. That worked....but I always worried going over bumps that she would tip and fall into the cart, so it was a pain hanging on to the car seat and the shopping cart... If i was taller, then fitting the car seat over the shopping cart seats may have worked well...

Stroler:
Pros: I still use this stroler almost every day. It has been very durable, and very comfortable to use. The car seat always fit well into it and the car seat visor with the stroler visor covered her very well when together. Once my daughter could sit up on her own, I stopped using the car seat with the stroler and loved that I could recline her so much for walks. Now she loves to sit up in it and eat snacks out of the tray. The basket underneith is very large, and has been very handy. I also love how the push handle adjusts to different heights so easily so both my husband (6'3") and I (5'0") can push it comfortably.

Cons: The snack tray is up too high for when my daughter is sitting up in the stroler and it is right at the level of her face. She can reach it just fine, but there have been a few times when I have bumped into a curb or something that causes her head to move forward, and she has busted her lip on the tray. This is the main reason why I gave this 4/5 stars. I love having the snack tray there, but it needs to be a little lower to avoid this problem. Also, the cup holders in the snack tray are too small to fit her sippy cups (Nuby) all the way, so they constantly fall out. I got one of those "no-throw" things (which is genious, by the way!) and that has helped, but I still wish the cup holder was made a little bigger.

Overall, this is a GREAT product, and I would recommend it to anyone. With the few complaints I have, I'm still glad I bought this and I'm excited to use it for our next child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, May 21, 2014
I can't say enough good things about this! We bought it for baby #3, and it's the third different brand I've used as well. This far exceeds any other car seat I've used. I personally think car seats are all kind of the same, with just a few little things that can vary. Those little things for this car seat make a huge difference! First, there are markers on the side of the base that help you adjust the seat so you know it's positioned correctly. But the biggest bonus is the adjustable straps in the seat. I can easily loosen the straps to get baby in and out, and tighten them to go. This has been so helpful! For this reason alone, I would recommend this product!

I also use the stroller almost everyday. The car seat snaps right in. But the stroller seat also reclines flat, so you can choose how baby sits. It also folds and unfolds very easily. A must have for parents!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT STROLLER AND CAR-SEAT!, February 20, 2009
Ok, I know this is the middle line type of travel system...caught in between Graco and Peg Perego...AND I always felt awkard because it was a very unpopular stroller system..why?? It was GREAT! The seat...still using it with my 1 1/2 yr. old AFTER using it to death with my now 3 yr. old AND The stroller was AMAZING! It had great steering and just no complaints! BUT, I had 2 now so had to upgrade to double strollers and gave this one away to the nearest Salvation Army. YOU are NOT wasting your money buying this! It is a great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Safety first!, August 20, 2014
This review is from: Chicco Cortina KeyFit 30 Travel System, Midori (Baby Product)
We got this before baby was born because I did my research and this car seat was on the safest car seat list. I'm so glad that we bought it! Our baby is 9 months old and we were just in an accident which totaled an F-350 truck. He was totally fine in his car seat. Not a scratch. My ten year old got banged up and my husband and I have a few injuries. So if you are looking for a safe infant car seat, this is it!! The car seat is comfy for baby and it's easy to install. It's not heavy to lug baby around either.
The stroller is awesome as well. It's very easy to push around. And it's super cute! The only thing is, the stroller is not very compact. But that didn't bother me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stroller and car seat, February 28, 2009
Very Very easy to use and comfortable for my daughter. She is 8 months and 23 lbs now and still sits in the stroller very comfortably with room to grow. She is a tall baby though. I can see how some babies that have broader shoulders MIGHT have a problem with the stroller sides (wings as they have been called.)
But for us the car seat and stroller are very convenient. The stroller folds up quickly and easily. It's not too heavy for me to lift in the trunk at all. And the safety ratings are what made the system for me. Also, my husband is a lot taller and I like the adjustable handle on the stroller. BUY IT!!! I have no complaints whatsoever about this system.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 430 | Next ›