on July 13, 2007
As a very compact stroller, this one is pretty good. I looked at many umbrella strollers and most did not have 5 point harnesses or aren't comfy for someone over about 5'2". Now I'm a hair under 5'8", but I wouldn't recommend this for anyone taller. My husband at 6' had to hunch over to push it. Another issue is that the wheels are pretty close together and the handles don't tilt back far enough to provide a lot of separation between your feet and the wheels. You do have to walk heel-toe if you are going to walk behind the stroller and that not only takes a little getting used to, but can be tiring because you don't use your normal walking muscles.

It has a very small basket underneath that can store some smile items, but because of the cross back support, you can't put a bag of any size under there, but it's good for small purchases. Also, while it does recline, it's not much, but more than you would see on other umbrella strollers.

Another plus is that it is significantly wider than the Jeep umbrella stroller and the other low price ones. My 3 month old looked cramped in that one and I cannot imagine her being able to use it for long. This stroller should last us for travel purposes (especially on the subway) for a couple of years.

I also like that the sunshade can be snapped to the back of the stroller or you can unsnap it and change the angle depending on where the sun is.

I recommend you take a test push of this before purchasing. They have them instock in limited colors at Babies R Us, but that's good advice for any stroller purchase.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 11, 2012
5 stars are obviously indicative of my love for this stroller. In an attempt to be brief and relevant and to keep from repeating the same sentiments of other fans of the stroller, I wanted to add a couple of things I didn't get from any of the other reviews:

--Yes, there is a weight limit of about 40 lbs. HOWEVER, though not recommended by the manufacturer, I have WELL exceeded this "limit" on many occasions by using the stroller for both my children... at the same time. Yep, 80+ lbs of kids and still pushes like a dream. (My 5 year old son will sit in the stroller with his arms wrapped around his 3 year old sister sitting in his lap. I never intend on doing this, but sometimes, you just have to get out of the mall quickly or can't handle the whining of two tired children and only one stroller. So yes, I have definitely done this more times than I care to admit.) I say this not to insinuate that it could be used for this purpose all the time (because that would just be silly) but more so to speak to the quality of the aluminum frame and to ease your mind if the 40 lb. weight "limit" is holding you up. My almost 50 lb. 5 year old son will still hop in from time-to-time, and he is pushed just as easily now as when he was a baby.

--Another hidden gem and surely unintended benefit of the stroller strap (meant to sling the closed stroller over your shoulder) is that it can be used as a guide for an older walking child. With my younger daughter in the stroller and my son insiting on walking, even at the age of 3, he would know that if he was going to walk, he HAD to hold on to the strap connected to the side of the stroller. Obviously, if you have a child that doesn't listen well or likes to run away, this wouldn't work for you, but for us, it allowed my son to walk on his own without bumping into the stroller yet kept him close enough for me to still guide him. Even now, at almost 6 years old, he knows if we are in a parking lot, he has to hold on to the strap.

--Lastly, I wanted to comment on the "storage". I typically carry a large, over-the-shoulder purse, and I always slide it in between the "x" cross bars and the back of the seat of the stroller, so it's essentially in the basket, and it fits perfectly everytime! Also, on a recent trip to the mall, I left with a huge Pottery Barn bag with a queen size quilt & 4 quilted shams hanging from one handle and two moderately full clothing bags hanging from the other handle. When I got to the car and removed my child, the stroller did NOT tip over. In fact, I don't think it's ever tipped on me when not weighted down by a child. This is probably due to its wide wheel base giving it a low center of gravity.

This review was WAY longer than I intended to write, but I hope if you're on the fence about purchasing, you will just give it a try. I understand not every stroller is going to work for every person, which is why there's thousands of them, but for our family, this is single-handedly the best baby/kid purchase we've made to date.
on June 3, 2012
Let me start by saying I got this stroller because we were looking for a cheap stroller to take overseas and I saw this one had so many great reviews. I see why! We have a $300 something dollar Maclaren and (don't tell my husband) but I think I like this one better! It is super light, easy to fold, pushes like a dream and the baby is so comfortable in it. It comes with a carry strap as well as a bag which makes it PERFECT for airports. You can apply the breaks while it's folded so it's easy to lean against things. The sunshade is great. So happy with this purchase!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 10, 2012
I've had this stroller for over a year now, and I wish I'd bought a different model. A deciding factor when I selected the Chicco Ct0.6 was the five-point harness. However, the buckle is positioned so low on my son's torso that the shoulder straps hardly hold him in. The buckle is at hip level, nearly at his crotch. Besides being just plain too short, the crotch strap is attached to the seat of the stroller too far back. It should be attached farther forward. He can easily slip his arms out from the straps. To hold him in, there should be another buckle for the chest, like a car seat, or else the buckle should be higher up, at waist level.

My other complaints are minor. The buckle snaps shut very suddenly and firmly, and I have pinched my fingers in it more than once while buckling in my son -- it's quite painful. The flap that covers the buckle is oriented such that it wraps toward the child. I think it would make more sense for the flap to wrap away from the child. The stroller handles are short; I often find myself leaning forward to avoid stepping on the wheels, and I'm only five feet tall.

With all that said, the stroller is nice and light. It seems fairly sturdy and is still in good shape after a fair amount of use. It folds closed and open easily, although I need more than just one hand to work the mechanisms: to open the stroller, I usually use my foot to push the latch all the way, and I use both hands to close it.
review image review image
on August 8, 2014
By nature and profession, I am a really detail-oriented person. I research things probably more than I should, perhaps driving myself crazy but always ensuring that we get the best end result.

I thought this stroller was going to be a good alternative to the UppaBaby G-Luxe, but I was wrong, and for one main reason: the recline on this stroller is a joke. But I'll get back to that in a moment.

Overall, this stroller is really good - roomy, washable, comfortable straps, decently-sized canopy, easy to fold, and, best of all, a shoulder carry strap (the Chicco Echo sold only at Target has a hand carry strap - pointless) and bonus travel bag.

One of the main reasons I bought this stroller instead of the First Years' Jet or similar strollers was because it supposedly reclines. I say supposedly because the recline on this is literally two inches back from the upright position (which isn't perfectly upright like the UppaBaby G-Lite, but it's pretty close). The recline function is simply a fabric panel on either side of the back panel which you open up by unzipping two zippers on either side of the back panel. Sounds easy and great until you realize that your child is still pretty much sitting upright. Which is fine if that's the type of stroller you're looking for, but when I'm told that there's a recline option, I expect a recline.

That aside, this is a pretty good stroller. The other main drawbacks on this for me are the non-padded handles (I can see how they would get painful after a full day out while traveling) and the x-shaped frame on the back that makes the basket hard to access. Some people are horrified that this doesn't come with a cup holder, but, seriously, why is that an issue. That's an accessory that can easily be added on; a stroller's recline and basket accessibility are immutable features. However, I'm not going to pay $80 for a stroller that doesn't recline when I can get a comparable non-reclining one for $50 or under. I'm not opposed to paying $80 for an umbrella stroller , but it needs to do what it says it will do...and this does not.

Overall, this gets 3 stars from me - 4 for its function and form, but I'm dinging it one star because Chicco makes this out to be a reclining stroller when it barely is. One star penalty for deceiving me!

(FYI, we ended up with the Summer Infant 3d Lite Convenience Stroller, which I swear is a budget version of the UppaBaby G-Luxe. With the exception of a few minor features, that stroller is pretty darn close to the G-Luxe, and for a little over 1/3 of the price - see my review there.)
on November 14, 2007
I have had this stroller for over 2 years now and I love it. It held my son from the time he was 6 weeks old (that is when we purchased it). My nephew who is 6 can still easily ride in this stoller, so it will last you a long time. It's one of the only umbrella strollers on the market that has 2 storage compartments, a canopy, and it RECLINES. It also has a leg extender on it so when they are little their legs don't dangle off the end, and then it folds down for when their older. It does not have a cup holder, but it has a storage pocket on the back that you can put a drink in and it holds it great, or if you have a diaper bag or blanket in the bottom you can easily support a drink in the bottom. I have taken this stroller everywhere, up in the mountains hiking, through grass, even in snow (I walk over 5 miles daily with it). It also fits easily into any trunk and takes up little space. Look no further this is the best stroller out there.
on October 15, 2009
I bought this as 2nd stroller, to park and short errand for my 4 months baby.

Cons:
Light weight
Good canopy size
5 point harness
Recline (thoug not alot but is comfortable for my 4 months old)
Durable made
Easily clean seat fabric
Does not tip over when my diaper bag and shopping bags hand over the handle!

Pros
Small and uselss basket.. impossible to put anything in it or access
wish it will recline more
Longer handle ( I am 5 2 and on off i kick the back of the wheels. NOT for tall parents! )

Overview
Overall I am happy with my purchase.. and YES i would recommend to anyone if they have shorter legs!
review image
on April 20, 2015
This stroller has been so good to us that my husband made me write a review. We bought this as a travel stroller when we were flying from west to east to visit my in laws when my son was about to turn one. I thought we'd use it for that trip and never again. It doesn't really recline and has almost no storage. Also no cup holder. It's a stroller and that's about it. But that's all we needed! After our trip we ended up moving to Singapore for a year when my son was 17 months. We've used this stroller the entire time. It's the perfect city stroller. It folds up easily to fit in the trunk of taxis and it fits down the escalator (with our son inside -- don't judge). We ride the MRT (Subway) with it as well. It's held up the entire year and keeps on going. I expect we'll have this stroller for years to come.
on October 22, 2010
I called Chicco because what I bought vs what I tested in the store was not the same product. Per Chicco, new regulations required that they move the crotch strap to the middle of the seat late 2009. The pictures you see online are NOT what it looks like now. Needless to say any normal size baby will end up sitting on the crotch strap, which is a problem but not the reason why I'm rating it 1 star. Because it's in the middle and the crotch strap is SHORT and NON-ADJUSTABLE, the plastic buckle digs into my 15 month thighs. Just note she's 50% weight and 50% height on the growth charts - not a big baby. I don't know if any baby over 9 months can comfortably sit in that stroller with the stap in the middle of the seat. Do not buy unless they change the harness system.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 10, 2008
We got this stroller for when we travelled. We didn't want to get an expensive 2nd stroller only to lose it in another continent (we know someone who lost their $200+ Maclaren at the Bangkok airport) but we didn't want to get a cheap, uncomfortable stroller either. The Chicco umbrella stroller was the perfect fit for us. Not too expensive so that we'd sweat if we lost it travelling and our baby girl, now 15 months old, likes it very much. Yes, there's a slight recline in the seat but our baby just relaxes into the seat. Then it zips down to unfold a second recline which is great for when baby is sleepy.

Now, this isn't a stroller with all the bells and whistles (no cup holder and a only a small basket under the seat) so do consider this when looking for one. But it's a super lightweight stroller and so easy to manueuver. I am 5' 2" and hubby is 6' 1" and we both find it comfortable to push around. Hubby hasn't complained of kicking the wheels so can't comment on that issue. We've taken it everywhere and it still looks new(ish). I also like the tangerine color (doesn't show the dirt) and got a matching skip hop bag to attach at the back for additional storage space, the front pocket of which I use as a cup holder.

A bonus - the purchase includes a stroller bag which is an additional expense with other strollers. Zip the stroller in the bag and leave at gatecheck!