Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 questions
votes
Hi! I have the Chicco Keyfit 30 in Extreme. My child cries whenever I put him in it. It seems to be waterproof, which MAKES him sweat due to the lack of breathability, then he just stews in it, as it's not absorbed back into the fabric. I put in a wicking infant support and put a giant ice pack behind it... And he still gets hot. So we found a small Kel-gar stroller fan which helped. In short, the orange seat LOOKS fabulous, but the "EXTREME" drawbacks aren't worth it.
Aug 4, 2008 by Kimberly Peterson
votes
Chicco makes a carseat with a 22 lb weight limit and one with a 30 lb weight limit, I believe both have 30" height limits. If you are buying a carseat for a 21lb baby you probably don't want to buy this carseat at all. You'll soon outgrow the limit and even if within limits if your baby is that big already she'll probably be more comfortable in a larger seat anyway. Most people move their babies out of the infant only seats anywhere from ~6months-12 months and I've known plenty of people who transitioned to the next carseat even before reaching the full limit of the infant seat. My kid outgrew the 30lb Chicco when he was 20lbs because of the height limit. Buy a convertible seat, many have rear-facing limits of 35-40 lbs (with much higher height limits than the infant seats), then can be used forward-facing up to anywhere between 40 and 80 lbs, depending on brand and model.
Jun 13, 2011 by Amazon Customer
votes
I bought mine in 2012 and this looks exactly like it. I don't think they change this specific "Adventure" model at all every year. They would just probably discontinue models as new ones develop. If you couple this car seat with the matching key fit stroller frame caddy, it's perfect!
Mar 21, 2013 by Mintykorn
votes
Red
Aug 11, 2013 by J
votes
We are currently using it in a 4Runner. 2004. We are using the LATCH system, works with just the seatbelt too. No issues.
Jun 25, 2014 by Shilpa Nicodemus
votes
votes
Yes, we only had one base and would use it in multiple cars (my vehicle, my husbands, in home daycare and friends). It's very easy and secure even without the base
Oct 2, 2013 by allisonlb
votes
There is more than one model of Keyfit car seat. Make sure if you want the 30-lb weight limit you get the Keyfit 30. The standard Keyfit has the smaller weight limit. If a description for a Keyfit 30 shows a 22-lb weight limit, it's probably an error. The description on the Chicco website should be the most accurate.
Mar 12, 2013 by Vicky L. Williams
votes
Yes, but that's the measurement of just the car seat. When you take into account the carrying handle it adds another 1 inch to the width. I hope that helps!
Nov 19, 2012 by newestedwards
votes
I'm planning on purchasing the fuego chicco ketfit30 car seat. I would like to confirm that the car seat base is included in the purchase price of $169.99 per your ad which I copied and pasted below. Thanks Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base by Chicco 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (142 customer reviews) | Like (5) List Price: $179.99 Price: $169.95 You Save: $10.04 (6%)
Sep 13, 2011 by Jorge Moreno Farias
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers