5.0 out of 5 stars so much fun!
Published on March 24, 2012 by dbala966

2.0 out of 5 stars Bigger babies WILL NOT fit in the seat
Published on July 11, 2012 by Andrea R.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bigger babies WILL NOT fit in the seat, July 11, 2012
This review is from: Chicco Lil Piano Splash Walker (Baby Product)
I bought this walker for my son when he was 6 months old. At the time he weighed 23 pounds. I was so excited to get him standing as he is one independent little man. When the walker showed up we assembled it but I immediately noticed the seat appeared a bit small. I set him in there with high hopes that he would fit. Sadly he did not. His chubby little legs barley fit through the holes. I left him in there for just a few minutes to see if maybe the material would stretch but my son just wanted out. When I took him out he had dark red marks on his thighs. I tried to make the leg holes bigger by cutting the sides of the material and adding elastic but that didn't help as the rest of the seat is all small. Since Iv'e altered the seat I cant return it. So parents who have bigger chubby babies. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars so much fun!, March 24, 2012
This review is from: Chicco Lil Piano Splash Walker (Baby Product)
I started letting my son play in this walker when he was about 4 months old. He would lean forward because he was still needing support to sit upright, so I started rolling up a towel or blanket and putting it between his chest and the walker. Let me tell you, he just loved it from the moment we put him in! He would just laugh and laugh and push off with his feet like crazy.

I think we ejoy watching him in it more than him. I love the brake pads feature which prevent the walker from going over any changes in flooring, like stairs or a door jam. I actually took them off, as our house is only one story, and I am always near to him while he is in it.

THe little piano tray is excellent, and has such a variety of sounds and songs that he can make. THey are not too annoying or shrill sounding, either, like so many childrens toys.
It was not too hard to put together, although i did need to follow the manual pretty closely, as I could not figure out the pieces on my own. I think it probably took about 20 minutes to get all set up.

I like that the music tray is removeable, so it can become a tray for little toys or even snacks later on.
I wold highly recommend this toy, as my son seems to like it very much

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and ackward, August 21, 2012
This review is from: Chicco Lil Piano Splash Walker (Baby Product)
BOTTOM LINE: Don't buy this walker, there are many better ones out there. This one is overpriced, already came with parts not working, and puts baby in a painful and ackward position.

I was VERY disappointed with this walker, for several reasons.

CONS:
1) ackward positioning for baby: pushes baby forward and puts all of their weight and pressure on tummy, which hurts and makes it difficult for baby to walk, the whole point of the toy
2) piano already not working: some of the keys were already not working. My baby has used the piano a couple of times and more keys are not working. I expected much more for $70!
3) expensive: one of the most expensive walkers out there and definitely not worth it
4) piano sounds and music annoying: we have a lot of baby toys that play music. We are pretty tolerant of them at home. But this piano was pretty annoying to us.
5) baby can't walk in in: our baby is 6 months old and very tall for her age. But she still can't reach the floor even on the lowest setting! By the time she can use this walker she will already be able to walk.

I should have bought any of the other walkers that Amazon offers that had more reviews. Definitely wish I had made a different purchase. Don't make the same mistake I made.

2.0 out of 5 stars Walker is of good quality, but it creates a bad habit., August 2, 2013
This review is from: Chicco Lil Piano Splash Walker (Baby Product)
The build of the walker is good enough. My daughter just loved running through the house on this thing. She has starting walking on her own already, but I realized it creates a bad habit that might make it tougher to teach your child to walk on their own. It teaches your child to lean to move forward. When my child's legs finally were strong enough to support her own weight, we tried to let her walk without the walker. She tended to lean forward aggressively as she took her steps, causing her to lose balance and fall. My review is not too much about the product itself, but sort of a heads up for first time parents, because you will probably spend a lot of time untraining the habit of leaning to walk when you finally start teaching them to walk. In hindsight, I don't think I would have purchased the walker if I knew it would develop this habit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Odd positioning for baby, June 6, 2012
K. Rosen (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicco Lil Piano Splash Walker (Baby Product)
Although he liked it at first, my 7-month old son cries when I put him in this. I can see why...the position of the seat is such that his stomach is holding all his weight. It's hard to explain, but the seat goes really far forward. Another reviewer commented on this as well. Also, the rear wheels are fixed, meaning he can't get himself out of corners at all. So I put him on a straightaway portion of our floor. He cruises to the other side, bumps into something, I have to go turn him around. It is a very parent-involved activity, which is not he reason I bought it. The music is loud and not very pleasant. I would return it if I had the patience to disassemble and ship back. Also, I'm not sure if other walkers are any better.

UPDATE: I like this a little better now, but not enough to change my rating. My son no longer protests when I put him in it (at 9.5 mos), and is getting slightly more skilled at getting himself out of corners. And it occurred to me that maybe it has to be designed so the child leans forward at least a little to be able to get traction enough to walk (but I still think the seat angle is excessive).

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this!, July 27, 2012
This review is from: Chicco Lil Piano Splash Walker (Baby Product)
Easy to put together,and it feels safe and solid. This walker has a quality feel to it. My son loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little walker, October 3, 2012
I bought this item for my grand baby. It has worked great. Makes all kinds of sounds and has a couple of different beeps. The seat adjusts to several heights. This walker has automatic brake that stops it from moving forward when the front wheel goes over a lip like the driveway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best walker we found!, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Chicco Lil Piano Splash Walker (Baby Product)
This is probably our best baby purchase thus far. We desperately needed something for our "over-active" 4 month old. She loved to stand & jump but always needed our support as she wasn't developed enough to do it herself. She was exhausting us ;).The catch was that since she was so young, her legs were not long enough to reach the ground In other models. This one had the lowest setting for her seat, is well constructed (better than others we researched) and we like the color & music feature. We have mostly hwfs, but it goes easily from the wood to the area rugs and even handles well on low-pile carpeting. And the best part is she LOVES it. We have even taken it to the sidewalk outside where she has cruised the block endlessly. Happy baby, happy mommy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Months of abuse, still rockin, July 13, 2013
This review is from: Chicco Lil Piano Splash Walker (Baby Product)
Have used this extensively now for a few months. It is on its same set of batteries, and have had no issues at all. The collapsing expanding action has worked well too.

5.0 out of 5 stars So versatile!, April 8, 2013
This review is from: Chicco Lil Piano Splash Walker (Baby Product)
this thing is just great. My baby is 7.5 mo and 20 pounds. She can reach the floor flat footed on the lowest setting. The toy tray is removable and you can feed snacks or even a meal if you like. It folds pretty flat so it is nice to travel with. We haven't taken it anywhere just yet but expect to soon! My little girl has chunky legs and at first I was worried it was too tight on her little thighs.. she doesn't seem to mind it at all. This has been great because she is able to move all around safely. She can't really reach anything to the sides either cause the bumper keeps the car pretty far from things. I imagine this will change as she becomes bigger. She has started to experience separation anxiety and instead of having to carry her when you leave the living room she is able to just follow you wherever you go. I have even seen her trying to chase the dog. Great buy! I definitely recommend!

Chicco Lil Piano Splash Walker