Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 1, 2007
My son got this gift from Santa when he was a little over one year old. Now he's a little over two years and still plays with this. We are a bilingual family and so need toys that are versatile, and this toy is very durable as well. I have no complaints and can see this toy will make it through at least a couple of kids and then some! A winner!
on July 24, 2009
I had high hopes for this toy based on the reviews, so I bought it for my 15 month old son for Christmas. He loves all things car-related, so he was interested in the steering wheel and seemed to enjoy the noises and lights.

There were two major problems with this toy. First, there are two settings for volume, but both settings were equally loud (and I mean LOUD). This could just be a problem with our individual unit, but it was quite annoying.

Second, and more importantly, within 2 months this toy's audio gave out altogether. The lights still work, but there is no sound at all. Granted, it has taken a lot of abuse from two young children, but given that it is made for young kids I would have expected more durability.

Overall, I was very disappointed in the longevity of this product and would not recommend it for younger children who may be too rough with it, as it doesn't appear to be very durable. My children have lost interest in it since it stopped making noise, so for the short time they played with it, it was not worth the price.
on May 16, 2006
I got this for my 6 mo. old son and he just loves it!!! He's 11 mo. now and this toy means hours of fun and activities for him. For me, it's hours of torture. :( This thing is too loud even when it's set on low! :(
on June 17, 2014
I got this for my son when he was 2, and he only played with it for a few months, because it's more for younger kids (age 1 and under). The parts are clever, fun, and interactive. I just wish it had more of a way for older kids to keep it on their laps. If it were more for older kids, I would have given it five stars.

Also, for the people who think this toy is too loud, it's only because they haven't figured out the simple trick of placing a piece of clear mailing tape over the speaker. (I do that for all my kids' toys with speakers, and the noise problem is eliminated.)
on May 12, 2016
I've had this for 2 years now. My son was 6mo when we bought it and has loved it since. Now my youngest loves it too! They love all the sounds it makes, revving engine, blinker, horn...I even bought as a gift for a friend.
on February 20, 2016
My Grandchildren love this toy. It has a key to turn on that makes a car starting sound it also has a gas filling sound, horn and driving sounds. They spend hours taking turns driving and operating there car.
on April 17, 2015
Really wanted the one in the picture with the red pedals that I thought I was purchasing, however it is a different color scheme that Isnt as cute... However my 11 month old absolutely loves it. Just a bit disappointed with it looking a little cheaper with this model...
review image
on November 8, 2013
The Chicco Toys Smart Driver is educational and very entertaining. My granddaughter is one year old and she loves to pretend she drives the car just like her daddy. She enjoys this toy so much and she laughs very loud when she hears the engine sounds it makes, plus since it's bilingual, it speaks Spanish also, just like we do! Super fast delivery through Amazon Prime and great toy, thanks so much!!
on June 20, 2008
I bought it for my daughter when she was about 10 months old. She refused to touch it after very first try. Then it got burried in her toybox. However, she start playing it more and more when she gets into 15 months. It becomes one of her favorites. The only 2 problems we have are that she wouldn't let the mirror stay on, and key slot was too shallow, sometimes it drives her crazy for not being able to put the key into slot properly.
on December 28, 2011
I was pretty excited to get this for my 20-month-old daughter. She really likes it. There are lots of bright buttons that make, yes, a lot of sound, but to me, it is worth it. I like that there is both Spanish and English, as our world is becoming more and more bi/multilingual. This toy has been thrown a few times, no marks or anything so far. I also like that there are no detached pieces, so it's an easy toy to pull out and put back for whatever reason.