Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 15, 2006
We bought this kitchen for my 3 yr old son for christmas. After searching through other kitchens we decided on this one for many reasons. First we liked that it was not huge and overbearing, and with the minimal sounds and electronic functions there is still plenty of room for using his imagination which was important to us. Both burners light up, one makes a "frying" sound, the other a "boiling" sound. It is compact enough to move around easily, we like to keep it in the kitchen as well as the living room and outside on the nice days.

Secondly we liked that chicco got it right with regards to the usually discriminating gender biased kitchen sets of pinks and purples. subdued primary colors are used in the chicco kitchen making it appealing to both genders. Lastly the price for this kitchen was a bargain compared to others out there, especially since we were not sure how much my son would really use it. Although my son has played with it in the company of another child with ease, I would reccomend getting something bigger if you have two children constantly playing with the kitchen as it is rather small or in conjunction with other kitchen items that can be placed near it like a microwave or coffee pot, so the focus is not just on one item at at given time.
on March 29, 2005
these days you can spend upwards of $300 on a toy kitchen for your little one - ridiculous! i personally believe that playing should be about imagination and creativity, not the most expensive toys with the most bells and whistles....that said, i LOVE this kitchen! chicco makes great toys and this one doesn't disappoint. while some might complain that it only makes two "sounds" - the two different stove burners - i think that's one of the best parts of this kitchen.....your child has to use his/her imagination while playing with it instead of having it do everything itself. it's the perfect height for my 2 and 1/2 year old son, he can reach the bits on top and still be comfortable with the stove and refrigerator parts. i have to say, since we got it, he hasn't stopped playing with it! i can actually get all of the dishes done while he plays with it! (no small feat!) it is also wonderful for those with smaller spaces, and like someone else said, it's in colors that can be either for a boy or girl....boys love to play chef too! i highly recommend the chicco star kitchen.
on December 6, 2000
We got it for our niece last Christmas and it hasn't stopped being one of her favorite toys. From the moment she opened it, she started cooking. It was even worth carrying it by airplane, including an international transfer.
One of the great features is that it has a place for everything, so she loves to put everything back into place when she is done playing.
We liked it because of the value and all the accessories that it includes. Her parents love it to. And it isn't as big as many of the kitchens out there.
on January 5, 2006
My son has always tried to "cook" with the real pots and pans and always asked for a spoon to stir his food with so in order to keep our real stuff clean, I decided to get him his own kitchen for Christmas this year. When he woke up Chrismtas morning, he went straight for this toy and played with it for an hour before even looking at the other toys and presents. And it only took maybe 5 minutes to assemble--quite a bonus for Christmas Eve.

The reasons I chose this one was because it is in primary colors so it's OK for boys and girls, it doesn't take up much space and it was reasonably priced. As others mentioned it is easy to tip over since it's small especially for younger kids (like my son) who really want to reach the top storage area but are a bit too short. I've started to make sure it's against the wall or refrigerator so it can't get knocked over. With reference to another reviewer mentioning the oven door not staying closed, you do have to push it hard to close it all the way but then it does stay closed.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase since my son is totaly in love with it and it is compact enough that we can keep it in the kitchen all the time without it getting in the way.
on September 23, 2002
When I first started looking for kitchen for my 2 year old son, I ran into a slight problem- all the kitchens out there are pink and purple! I guess most toy manufacturers think that only girls play with kitchens. My son and all the other little boys in his preschool class play in the "house corner" just as much as the girls do and I knew that he would love it if I could find an appropriate kitchen for him for Christmas. You can't beat Chicco's. The quality is great, he loves the sounds, and it's very gender neutral. Overall, an excellent toy that I think he and his younger brother will be playing with for years to come!
on March 22, 2006
I recently bought the Star kitchen for my two year old nephew. He is in love with it. It is a perfect size for him. He can play along side his mom in the kitchen. And because they live in a apartment, it is a perfect size for her too. It is very compact.
on August 28, 2005
This kitchen has everything the larger play kitchens have, but it takes up a third of the space. My daughter received this one for her second birthday and she enjoys cooking daddy breakfast with it almost every morning. When her friends come over to play, it is usually the first thing they go to -- even the older ones! I highly recommend this for anyone wanting to buy their child(ren) a small, but very functional kitchen.
on December 28, 2000
My two year old daughter just loves this kitchen. It is not to large but has all the amenities of the larger size kitchens. Very easy to assemble.I was most impressed with the high quality materials used in making this set.After shopping around and testing out the more popular brands,I found the Chicco Star Kitchen to be the best. Highly reccomended!
on August 9, 2013
Although Chicco no longer makes this item, I was able to find an unopened one in the original box on-line from a vendor. I paid $99.00 for it, and it is worth its weight in gold! Perfect size! Lots and lots of extras! Great colors for a boy or girl! One burner on the stove top makes a sizzling sound and lights up, and the other one makes a boiling sound and lights up. On the bottom front of the kitchen set is the oven and on the back side on the bottom is the refrigerator. The kitchen ware and play food are the most adorable I have ever seen. With a little patience and effort, I hope you can locate one, too. If not, I would not hesitate to buy a used one in good condition.
on September 11, 2006
i needed a kitchen for my 3 yr old daughter that would fit into a very small space...but one that was enjoyable to play with. we received it very quickly, in time for her birthday, and although she has not played with it yet; i did a test run on it and it seems to be made very well; especially for the price. it is small but has many different little areas that she can work on that either slide out or open up. It would probably be difficult for more than two children, max, to really play with this at the same time (again b/c of the size) unless they had some other accompanying toys like table and chairs so that one child could be the chef and the others could help preapre the food at the table or be the customers, taking turns, etc... as for the tipping over part that another reviewer mentioned, hers will be against a wall; as i think most people have their toy kitchens so i dont think that would be a problem. in all; a good basic kitchen for a great price.