5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE the full story board book!!!
Published on June 22, 2010 by LB

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok story, not great CD
The story is a bit long for my 7.5 month old, maybe when she's a bit older she'll like it. I had high hopes for the CD, but most of it is boring, just the same stuff repeated by different people. There's also a "Street Rhymes" song that has a line like "Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider" or something like that which I don't think is a great message for kids.
Published on January 7, 2012 by May1

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE the full story board book!!!, June 22, 2010
I actually found this at a book store, I was walking by and I almost screamed with delight! My daughter who is 9 months LOVES this book- we have the paper back and a small board book which doesn't have the whole story (boooo). Anyways I bought Two copies of this!! It is a huge full sized board book with THE WHOLE STORY!!! Awesome! This book is made to last! If your child loves this book I suggest the board book- it's perfect for little ones and its VERY durable!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ellamennow P, February 22, 2004
A word of warning. If you haven't a rhythmic bone in your body, you'd best not be reading "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" anytime soon. This book is arguably the best known alphabet book on the market today. Telling a tale of alphabetic foolhardiness, a troop of lower case letters (all of them, in fact) go bounding up the nearby coconut tree for a variety of reasons. When the tree can no longer support their weight the little letters find themselves splayed out on the ground. Fortunately the big letters come along to comfort the little ones, though it's obvious by the end that not all have learned their lesson.
Verses of the letters' exploits are intermixed with chants like so;
"Chicka chick boom boom!
Will there be enough room?
Here comes H
Up the coconut tree"
The text has a nice rhythmic quality to it. A kind of onomatopoetic elegance. And the illustrations, while not particularly stunning, fulfill their purpose excellently. It's a good read-aloud story for kids learning their alphabet, and would fit into any storytime excellently. A fun feisty book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has a great rhythm, July 14, 2005
D. Lane "Book lover" (austin, tx United States) - See all my reviews
My daycare kids by far favorite. There is a scream of glee when they see it. I give it as a Christmas present to all my daycare kids. Daycare parents tell me the kids read it to them. It's a fun read.
If you want to board book it's called Chicka Chicka ABC -- by Jr, Bill Martin. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is paper back. : )

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, January 21, 2002
This is hands down the best book for children age 3 and under that I have ever encountered (and we have over 1,000 children's books in our home!). I began reading it to my oldest child when she was 2 months old, and by 16 months, she could recite the alphabet AND identify all 26 letters of the alphabet-- upper AND lower case! I give most of the credit to this wonderful book (but keep in mind, we read it EVERYDAY, often times, several times a day!) My youngest child picks this book out of the shelf first and foremost. He is only 13 months old, but he absolutely loves this book and prefers it over most toys. Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault have more than a classic here, not to mention the great illustrations by Lois Ehlert. If you're looking for the perfect book to teach your children the alphabet or you just simply want an entertaining book that is sure to be a hit, look no further. This is it!

5.0 out of 5 stars BOLD, BRIGHT, AND BEAUTIFUL !, September 28, 2009
You're not going to believe this alphabet book - it's bold, bright and beautiful! Brilliant colors fill each polka-dot bordered page as the alphabet begins its adventurous journey to the top of a coconut tree. The rhymes are irresistible and fun to be read again and again.

This version is printed to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original published in 1989, and gives a new generation of children the opportunity to learn as they play beginning with "A told B, and B told C, `I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree.'"

There's a festive commemorative poster on the inside of the dust jacket decorated with brilliant polka dot candles and a headline reading "A told B, and B told C, `Let's celebrate twenty years of climbing up the coconut tree!'"

Enjoy!

- Gail Cooke

4.0 out of 5 stars This is agreat book to help children learn the Alphabet, February 20, 2000
Chicka Chicka boom boom is a great book when teaching a child the letters and order of the alphabet. This book is full of vibrant color and, exciting rhyming words. The first time I read this book was when a three year old I was Nannying for at the time told me she could read the book to me. As I sat next to her and read the book silently as she was reciting the book to me almost word for word, I realized yes she did inded know this book. NO, she was not reading the workds, but she new the oder of the alphabet and had been the read the book enough times to be able to recite the book. The book was well written and the illustrations also help to express the plot of the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rhythmic book, February 28, 2005
jodienut (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This book is so much fun to read, and the bright pictures are very attractive to kids. As a bonus, your child learns their ABCs! Although keep in mind that they won't learn the sounds the letters make, like in other alphabet books (such as Dr. Seuss's ABC), which is more helpful for learning to read. Still, you can't really say a bad word about this book. It's great fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars 5th grader here!, November 3, 2005
A Kid's Review
Hey, I am a fifth grader and I have a reading buddy who is a second grader! And this IS his favorite book!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Fast and fun (and educational too)!, February 5, 2003
P. Kingsriter "R.N. Guy" (Lakeville, MN United States) - See all my reviews
"A told B and B told C
I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree."
Thus begins Chicka Chicka Boom Boom's bouncy romp through the alphabet. The cadence is quick and the rhyming is fun. One can't help but read it aloud just to bop along! This book has captivated every child I've seen "read" it from 1 month (no kidding, the bright colors and simple shapes really grab 'em) to 5 years.
As for its learning potential, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom clips through the alphabet twice, and in a brilliant move portrays the child-personified letters as lower-case and the "adult" letters as upper-case. The "kid" letters are rambunctious and accitentally get hurt (resulting in "skinned-knee d", "black-eyed p", and "loose-toothed t"), but the "adult" letters are there to help them up, dust off their pants, and feel better.
In short, this is a book that's so sweet and fun, I'd have bought it even if it didn't have it's additional benefit of learning the alphabet! Chicka Chicka Boom Boom comes highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Parents and kids will love this fun book!, August 3, 2003
I enjoyed this book so much, I am purchasing the board book version of it. It is one of the few books I have read to my daughter and day care children that totally drew them in from the second line. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a daring yet impish race of the small alphabet letters up to the top of a coconut tree with vivid artwork on every page. When the tree is weighed down with all the letters, it bends and the child-like letters fall down to be picked up by the large letters described as the mamas and the papas and the uncles and the aunts. Theya re all gathered up and put to bed when all the sudden out comes little a again..and the fun starts again. It is so fun to read for the adults too. What a great way to show the relationship betwen large and small alphabet letters! We even started a game with me saying, "Chicka chicka?" and them cheering back, "BOOM BOOM!"
The author captures the tone of children at play, keeps a rhythm that is easy to follow, and provides a warm sunny way for children to remember the alphabet. It is well worth the money and I will look for more offerings from the author in the future. I also used it as a tool for homeschooling my daughter who has just turned 4. After the purchase and use of this book, she can easily recognize all letters large and small which makes it so much easier when you work on phonics and early reading. The book made it FUN and that is what I liked the most.
Get this book!!! It's educational, affordable, and fun!

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (Chicka Chicka Book, A)
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (Chicka Chicka Book, A) by Bill Martin (Board book - August 28, 2012)
$7.99 $4.85