4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps him busy
Published on April 10, 2007 by Sophie

3.0 out of 5 stars Need scissors, but still great!
Published on November 26, 2010 by Mel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps him busy, April 10, 2007
This review is from: Chicken Socks Totally Tape (Spiral-bound)
We buy gifts for our kids to open on airplane trips or, if we're fortunate enough to go away for a couple days, one per day while we're gone. Last June, while we were away for our 20th anniversary, we gave this one to our little boy, who had just turned four. According to the awesome babysitters, he enjoyed it at the time, and it has come out periodically over the year since for him to discover all over again. If you have a little one who loves tape like he does, this is a great buy. Yes, he may need help ripping it if too young for scissors, but still - our little guy could be creative and productive and most of all, distracted. With imaginative, busy boys, that is worth any amount of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super interesting for my girls, ages 7 and 4, November 12, 2007
This review is from: Chicken Socks Totally Tape (Spiral-bound)
This book kept both of my girls, ages 7 and 4, completely occupied during a long football game and for the next day. It is really fun. They had to use scissors but didn't mind at all. I would highly recommend this activity book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Need scissors, but still great!, November 26, 2010
Mel (Cincinnati, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicken Socks Totally Tape (Spiral-bound)
I bought this for my kids to use on a flight when they were 3 1/2. They loved it, but needed to either use scissors or have me tear pieces for them. They are now 5 1/2 and can cut the pieces themselves and STILL love to do this project. The best part - it's reusable. The tape is like that kind you use for painting, and the pages are a bit more glossy than regular paper. So, when they are finished, you can take off all the tape and start over again. I've heard you can also buy replacement tape. However, even after using this for 4 trips (we save this for special occasions), we still haven't run out of tape.

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally Helpful, November 2, 2010
I bought this product specifically for our toddler's first trip on a plane. We kept it hidden until we needed a distraction. She really enjoyed putting little pieces of tape on the book and it turned out to be a great distraction. There is a decent amount of tape included and the colors were nice and bright. I also thought the book was put together well and the size was just right. I would love to see a version with more pages, but if you are looking for something different than your basic coloring and/or sticker book, this is a simple yet innovative activity book. My only complaint (and I use the word complaint lightly, because it is a very minor issue) is the tape could be just a smidgen easier to tear (very easy for an adult, but a little more difficult for a toddler). Nevertheless, I would certainly buy this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for your creative child, January 18, 2008
This review is from: Chicken Socks Totally Tape (Spiral-bound)
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas, and it was a hit. She can play with it anywhere in the house. It has everything she needs to create with tape. No mess!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Cute, March 1, 2007
This review is from: Chicken Socks Totally Tape (Spiral-bound)
I love this book but my 3 year old is only marginally interested in it. He has a difficult time ripping the tape and just doesn't want to place the tape on the pages despite his love for regular tape.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little hard for my 4 year old, but fun, January 1, 2008
This review is from: Chicken Socks Totally Tape (Spiral-bound)
This is a really great idea with one main problem, the tape does not rip off easily for a 4 year old. I have no problem doing it, but it is really hard for him. I have to end up tearing the tape off for him.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a preschool tape fanatic!, December 31, 2007
A. Phillips "ames89" (Lima, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicken Socks Totally Tape (Spiral-bound)
My almost 5 year old uses tape by the roll on just about everything so when I saw this book, I thought it would be perfect for him. He had a hard time tearing the tape initially but once he got the hang of it, he has had a great time taping the book. It seems like there is plenty of tape for the book and probably beyond - we've done this several times and there is still plenty of tape. I bought this as an activity for him to do on his own but so far, I have had to be there to supervise, as he gets frustrated when the tape won't tear or gets tangled up. In general, I think this was a worthwhile purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult for a younger child, April 28, 2010
This review is from: Chicken Socks Totally Tape (Spiral-bound)
I bought these thinking they would be good for a road trip. Well, you'll need scissors to cut the tape --- not something I really want rolling around in the car. Also, my young daughter (4) is not able to do this book independently and she gets frustrated. Definitely this is for older children but at that it still requires a lot of manipulation with the tape to get it cut to the size you want, etc. It wasn't as fun for my older ones (7 and 8) as I thought it was going to be. Just okay.

4.0 out of 5 stars If your kid is obsessed with tape, this is the book/kit for him/her, April 13, 2013
AJ (Twin Cities) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicken Socks Totally Tape (Spiral-bound)
This was a perfect book/kit to bring along on a long plane ride during the time of my son's tape obsession. Helps build fine motor skills.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Chicken Socks Totally Tape
Chicken Socks Totally Tape by Editors of Klutz (Spiral-bound - May 15, 2005)
Used & New from: $4.23