5.0 out of 5 stars A well balanced book on raising twins
This is a good book for those who have twins. Raising twins is a special experiance and this deplicts that. I would recomend this book to anyone but special to those with twins.
Published 20 months ago by Lee Benedict

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as the other chicken soup books...
Published on December 7, 2009 by Laura Flannery

5.0 out of 5 stars A well balanced book on raising twins, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Soul: Twins and More: 101 Stories Celebrating Double Trouble and Multiple Blessings (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as the other chicken soup books..., December 7, 2009
I'm a mom of twin daughters so when I saw this, I immediately picked it up. I've read at least 3 other chicken soup books and LOVED them, so maybe I just had high expectations? I didn't find any of these stories particularly touching or inspirational. I'm not sure if i'm just incredibly lucky not to have any twin horror stories but I could not relate to most of the people in the book. I was just not impressed.

It might be a better read for a grandparent or someone else related to a twin, not a mom.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Christian Based, January 17, 2013
I just wanted funny stories about twins and this was more spiritually based stories. It was quite boring, old fashioned, and had no humor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, July 6, 2014
I enjoyed every page of the book. I don't know how the mothers do it all. My children were born 13 months apart. It brought back a lot of memories.

3.0 out of 5 stars Two or three at a time - yikes!, June 5, 2012
I've enjoyed the Chicken Soup books for years. And I enjoyed "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Twins and More" especially since I am now the grandmother of twins.

The stories were good but rather one-faceted. I have read a LOT of the Chicken Soup books and this one fell rather short. I usually feel moved by quite a few of the stories in the books but in this one - not so much. It was okay just not exceptional like Chicken Soup for the Soul Love Stories: Stories of First Dates, Soul Mates, and Everlasting Love or Chicken Soup for the Surviving Soul: 101 Healing Stories About Those Who Have Survived Cancer.

Also, I would have liked a section on multiple births - above the triplet mark. Triplets is as high as this book goes.

Don't get me wrong - it's worth reading. And like all the Chicken Soup books, a lot of the contributors have given contact information. I am going to give it to my daughter-in-love and hopefully she'll be able to contact other mothers of twins and share their good (and bad) stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Reminder of the Joy in Raising Twins, February 19, 2010
My goodness! I had no idea that I had written this book! But as a mother of twins I could definitely say that so many of the experiences, joys and obstacles relayed throughout the stores in Twins and More haveoccurred in my own home.

This has to be my favorite Chicken Soup Book to date. Yes, I know I have a new favorite quite often but that is just a wonderful testament to the great Chicken Soup for theSoul Concept.

The Twins and More covers such topics as Expecting Multiples, Sleep Deprivation, Seeing Double, A Special bond, Twin Trials, It's Triplets, Grand parenting Twins, A Different Path to Parenthood, Double Trouble, Double Fun and Lessons Learned.

I think it is telling that the last section is Lessons Learned because as the mom of identical 6 1/2 year twins I can tell you, quite honestly, that I don't realize that "I" have learned the lesson until almost the end anyway!

I am most grateful that Twins and More reminded me of how beautiful and valuable the gift of being a twin is for my daughters. As a mom... you get so busy in the mundane and the routine of daily life that you forget to stop and see that right before you there are two beautiful little beings that God created. Yes, they might be coloring your white walls in bright red and pink flowers at the time you realize this but what a blessing anyway.

I enjoyed the openness that mothers, fathers, grandparents and siblings had in sharing their life and stories with multiples. It was an eye-opener, a reminder and tummy tickler all in one. If you know a family that has or is having twins pick up a copy of Twins and More...give them a smile...they'll need it...because raising multiples is definitely a joy and a challenge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, July 22, 2009
If you have read any of the other Chicken Soup series...this falls right in line. The book has touching stories that make you laugh, cry and feel as if someone else has gone throught EXACTLY what you went through. Excellent choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Chicken Soup For The Soul!, June 14, 2009
This entertaining book is sure to delight any parent of twins or multiples! I had been looking forward to reading my copy, but as I have four little ones of my own (two of which are twins) and not much time, I thought it would take me forever to find a spare moment to take a gander at it. But, let me tell you, once I did, I was completely captivated by all of the earnest accounts from parents (and even grandparents) of multiples that contributed.

This collection of short stories covers everything from finding out about carrying more than one, to tips on how to organize your time when caring for twins and multiples. Some are poignant and heartfelt, while others are witty and full of good advice. I sometimes felt like someone took a passage from my own life with twins and told an account of it.

Anyone who has ever experienced the world of twins or more will find themselves relating to several of these wonderful anecdotes. And, you know, that's real "Chicken Soup for the Soul"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute book!, December 13, 2012
I ordered this book for my sister who was going to have twins. She was put on bed rest for 3 weeks, so she was able to sit and read this before the two little ones arrived. She loved it! I would recommend this as a gift for anyone with twins or multiples. However, you may want to give it to her before the babies arrive...who knows when she would have time to read it after!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chix soup, October 28, 2012
I am Pregnant with twins & loved these stories! But you should be prepared to shed a few tears though!!

$14.95 $10.34