5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable fertilizer
Published on September 1, 2012 by Eric John Myers

2.0 out of 5 stars Pee uuw! Smells absolutely awful
Published 16 months ago by LTF

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable fertilizer, September 1, 2012
This review is from: Chickity Doo Doo Organic Fertilizer Size: 25 Pound (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)
I try to keep my large garden and orchard organic and its hard to find a cheap balanced organic fertilizer. Prior to this product i was using Milorganite which has no potassium and lower phosphorus, both of which are essential to a fruit and vegetable garden. This stuff stinks really bad so be prepared, wear gloves. After mixing into the soil and mulching you cant smell anything. I'd think twice before spreading this on grass without top dressing to cover the stink. Check your local home improvement store if you want the 40lb bag and save on shipping, there about $17 (Home Depot 2012). Its looking like the 40lb bag is enough for one application to my 1000 sq/ft garden and 12 small fruit trees/bushes.

note: If you want an even more balanced blend for a vegetable garden you can add some more potassium by using wood ash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good chit, November 8, 2012
I have always liked to use chicken poop in my garden it seems to really get the biological organisms really kicking and doing great which makes my tomatoes grow great my peppers do incredible...two thumbs up from this garden geek

5.0 out of 5 stars The best stuff ever!!!!!, May 28, 2013
It is so easy to use and it can go on everything ,once you water it in you can't smell anything I love it!!! Made my grass so green.

5.0 out of 5 stars Provides the best tasting home grown produce!, May 1, 2014
Love Chickity Doo Doo Organic Fertilizer!
Every spring I refresh the soil of my raised garden, by moving the dirt from the previous year, wetting it down, layering on some Chickity Doo Doo and topping off with another layer of fresh soil. Then plant! For me I do a variety of tomatoes (which thanks to Chickity Doo Doo are bigger and tastier, and more plentiful than without), peppers (for homemade salsa), and herbs with basil as the star!
I got the tip of Chickity Doo Doo from my uncle a gardener, and he was so correct! It is the only fertilizer I will use in my personal garden.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pee uuw! Smells absolutely awful, May 14, 2013
This product is offensive smelling and stunk up my entire yard. I'm on day three after spreading it, and the stench has only slighly begun to abate. I previously used another chicken poo fertilizer, Cock-A-Doodle Doo, with good results but no olfactory side effects. Unfortunately, the garden shop was out of that product, so the salesman suggested Chickity Doo Doo as a substitute. Never again. I don't know what the other company does differently, but it doesn't have a strong smell at all--certainly not nearly as bad as this. Probably not a big deal if you have enough land that you can use it far from human noses, but in my neighborhood the houses are rather near one another. I strongly discourage this product's use in situations like that.

4.0 out of 5 stars the trees with the doo doo filled pipes are growing better than the other trees, July 23, 2014
I bought two bags after the end of the gardening season , which is when the price drops at the nursery.

I used Chickity Doo Doo around my fruit trees. I sunk three 4" wide sections of perforated pipe vertically with in 2 feet of my fruit trees with the perforations pointed towards the tree. I left 1 in or so of each pipe above the ground. Then I filled each pipe with Chickity doo doo. Six months later during the height of the growing season, the trees with the doo doo filled pipes are growing better than the other trees. I can see the new, green growth from the trees in comparison to other trees nearby.

4.0 out of 5 stars Goes a long way, March 22, 2014
We applied this stuff to the garden beds and containers yesterday.
I was surprised by how far it went and how bad it smells.
Once the raised beds and containers were done, I still had quite a bit left that was used for the two large potato bins, the kiwi vines and the perennial plantings along a fence line.
The smell is strong, but lessened once the pellets were worked into the soil.

5.0 out of 5 stars good doo doo, August 15, 2013
Mmmmmm poooo. your plants will love this poo. I poo you not! I'm not giving you a line of bull poo, good source of N and will green up your organic garden. Great value as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken crap!, June 25, 2014
As described! Five stars. Will work with again. Great quality chicken manure, somewhat pelletized, clean. No trash, sticks, etc. What else is there to say?

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great, May 16, 2014
This is a great fertilizer. It does have an odor, but it is not terribly unpleasant. I'm sorry to see that it has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

$13.99 $11.95
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Rate and Discover Movies