4.0 out of 5 stars Great Dress, Size beware
Published on January 22, 2008 by Karla M. Travis

3.0 out of 5 stars Satin Chiffon Prom Dress in Lavendar, Knee Length
Published on May 25, 2008 by kwan-li

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Dress, Size beware, January 22, 2008
This review is from: Satin Chiffon Prom Dress Bridesmaid Crystals Knee-Length Junior & JR Plus Size (Apparel)
This is a very pretty dress. I was very pleased at the look and feel of the dress(got 4 for my bridesmaids). Only problem is the dress is not really made for BUSTY woman. Two of my bridesmaids fit their sizes great. They are B cups, MAYBE. The other 2, not so much. They are D/DD cups. I have to return two for larger sizes and hopefully that will work! Otherwise, very nice dress. Decent price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice dress - bit small, November 23, 2007
This dress is very nice, although the quality does correspond with how it is priced. When ordering it, note that it does fit on the smaller side though, approximately 1 or 2 sizes too small. Order a size or two up and it will be a nice dress.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT DEAL, July 24, 2008
I ordered this dress for my sisters wedding, after reading other reviews I ordered it big which proved to be the right choice. I got the royal blue which is the perfect color for her boat wedding. I am going to have it taken in a little but the extra size allowed for my extra sized chest. Two days after recieving it I saw it in a bridal shop for $135 with 8 week min. shipping. Much better value here!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Satin Chiffon Prom Dress in Lavendar, Knee Length, May 25, 2008
Fast prompt delivery of dress in a bag - you will need to press your dress. I wear a size 10, so I ordered size Large according to the chart. It almost fits - except the last 2 inches of the zipper that doesn't quite close. So warning - if you are larger in the bust area you might wish to consider ordering up and doing some altering. There was no lining in the dress but this is what you get for the price. Either way, buying "off the rack" is never the same for everyone. So expect either to return it for another size and/or expect some alterations. For some it fits perfectly but for some not so well. The color was pretty spot on though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, for the price., August 29, 2008
The dress shipped really quickly, and was prettier in person than I had expected. It fit perfectly - make sure you go by the size chart and measure yourself accurately! It kind of felt like a nightgown though, and I think it would wear a lot nicer if it were lined. Any slip or underwear lines really show.
I did not end up keeping the dress, but the return was easy enough. It did take them a week to process my return, but eventually I was refunded.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, September 11, 2013
This is a great dress - especially for the price. When I saw such a low price, I figured I'm probably throwing this money away and will get a hot mess of a dress. But I figured I could still afford to salvage it if necessary with the help of a seamstress and still not be out of pocket too much...I was pleasantly surprised when I got it to see it fit almost perfectly. The top was a little big for me, so I did have it taken in, but I can't blame the dress since that isn't unusual for my body shape. The evening I wore it I got lots of compliments. The color was a rich wine color, very pretty. Because it's a satin-y material I was also concerned it might highlight every bump and bulge, but it didn't. I'm tempted to buy the same dress in a different color, but can't decide if that would be too much of a good thing. My only complaint is that my figure didn't look like the one in the picture...! If you're on the fence because of the price, DO IT, you won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars The dresses got here before the bridal party did!!!, February 2, 2010
I ordered them on the 01/29/2010 and they were here on 02/01/2010 and I live in HI (so that is saying something). I ordered a size up like the reviews suggested but underarm and chest areas are baggy and it is a little longer than expected but my bridesmaids are all 5'4 and under so that was to be expected anyways. I think I will stay to the sizing chart next time. It is no problem though because they got here way faster than expected; I could return them for the correct size if need be. I was a bit taken back at first by the packaging because this is a formal dress (even though that is how most of the casual clothing I have ordered online have arrived...if you have ever ordered online from old navy then that is the kind of packaging you can expect so you have an idea). However, the dresses came out of the bag unwrinkled and untouched by things that could have potentially stained them FYI I ordered the ivory color. Best of all NO whining from the girls about the dress...everyone loved the dresses even my husband because they were so easy on the wallet. I will probably post pictures and/or video at after the ceremony. I will order from this seller again should I need to in the future. Happy Hunting!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizes too small, May 29, 2008
I loved everything about this dress except the fact that the sizes ran way small. I had purchased the Large. I was very disappointed. I had bought this dress to wear to a wedding. It arrived two weeks before the wedding and when I tried it on and it didn't fit, I was disappointed. The dress was not sized properly. I even had all three of my daughters try it on. My one daughter who is normally a size 7 (I would put her in a Medium), got into the dress and was able to zip it, but the bust was too big. I have since returned it and am waiting for a refund. I let you know the rest of the story when and if the refund comes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price (How you can take in w/o a seamstress), July 27, 2009
The satin and chiffon on this dress is not high quality but it will photograph just fine if you're ordering for a wedding no one would say the dresses look cheesy by looking at the pictures. I was a bridesmaid for a second wedding on a budget and the bride and I agreed this would do the job. I did recieve many compliments on it.
I am a b-cup about I normally wear about a size 14 I ordered a 2X. The bottom part of the dress fit slightly loose it would have been fine that way(I shrunk the dress a little).
To take it in w/o a seamstress:
The top was about 2-3 inches too loose. To take it in donned a slip and put it on inside out and had someone that had some clue pin two darts/seams underneath the chiffon in back. I hand sewed the seams since I didn't have easy access to a sewing machine. It does leave some concave pleating that flows down the dress. Probably no one would have noticed this. As for me I bought some matching satiny looking lavendar flowers from Hobby Lobby along with a little bit more crystal trim (it's pricey get their coupon online an)I hand sewed everything on to the back of the dress. It took about three flowers. I had to take off some of the leaves. It looked liked it belonged there. For about $8.00 the dress fit fine and no seamstress. I might post a picture if I get one.

The Material is a little cheap but it is sturdy.

The dress did get handwashed and put in the dryer on the low heat cycle (just enough to dry it I watched it closely) because it got an small spot on it before the wedding(prior to attaching the flowers). It held up fine it shrank it just slightly which was a plus because it made it fit better. The dress is supposed to be dry clean only. I was willing to take the risk because of my budget and I knew of another dress I could get locally that I liked better. I had $25.00 gift certificate so I was motivated to go with the one on this site. You will need a slip for this dress. I'd suggest chopping the top off of a long one and just sewing the bottom the interior of the dress where the bottom of the dress begins.

1.0 out of 5 stars Satin Chiffon Gown, April 7, 2008
The quality to the fabric was a nice satin. Color is not even close to the purple shown, I think it is closer to a lavender. Do not purchase your true size, I suggest if you have a chest order a couple sizes larger.