4.0 out of 5 stars Child Craft, Logan Crib (Jamocha)
I will say that this crib was listed as $219 and went up to $235 by the time I got it into my cart so hopefully it won't go up anymore in price. It is Prime shipping now though so that's something.
Published on March 13, 2012 by Just Honest

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed!
Published 9 months ago by Thomas M Clere

4.0 out of 5 stars Child Craft, Logan Crib (Jamocha), March 13, 2012
This review is from: Child Craft Logan Lifetime Convertible Crib, Jamocha (Baby Product)
I have 3 cribs, 2 of which are DaVinci brand because of the price point. I will say that the basic materials and 'feel' of this crib are the same as DaVinci and probably any great set in the same price range.
What was different and significant to me about the Child Craft vs DaVinci is that, the parts/hardware pack had been opened and taped back together, and one of the wood legs had an extra hole drilled in it. What that translates to really is that someone went through and inventoried the parts to make sure I had everything, and also that initially a hole was mis-drilled and corrected before shipment. That may seem like a downside for some, and aesthetically it's not ideal, but for me, it added up to a seamless and worry-free assembly and the extra hole isn't visible or an impairment at all.
Some of the detailed aspects of this piece also made it stand out above the market equivalent. The ledges along the top of the crib are all a nice touch as well as the front facade/paneling which aren't typical for this price point. Because of the many configurations crib/toddler bed/full size bed there are extra holes left open/unused after each construction and they allowed extra hardware to cover and fill those holes to make it less unsightly and complete the look. There is also a little metal placard that is placed on the front bottom panel with the Child Craft brand/logo which isn't on this photo. Also a toddler conversion rail is included with this set. That means you get a straight rail to convert the crib to a toddler bed all by itself, but it'll be an open-sided toddler bed and any guard rails need to be purchased separately.
One important thing to note is the two level/height adjustments for the mattress. One sits probably just where the front paneling is, and the other is mid-way where you see it in the photo. The pre-sets are just holes drilled into the wood though reinforced by the hardware, so if need be you could technically drill your own height holes wherever you want it. Recently I've read a lot of reviews where the mattress sits on a plywood sheet or something to that effect. This crib has the typical metal spring frame which most reputable cribs have.
The wood/material that makes up this crib has the same durability as others in this class. It's soft wood easily dented and pretty light weight covered by a 'non-toxic finish'. If you are shopping this price-point chances are you won't be crying about the lack of a warning sticker that says "This Crib is a known carcinogen when tossed into a wood chipper and inhaled in California".
The color is 'Jamocha' which equates to Espresso in other brands.
I think it's a great crib at a great median price and a beautiful design which I am happy with, though a lower price is always welcome.

4.0 out of 5 stars True to color, December 18, 2012
We bought the Hemnes Black-Brown dresser from Ikea to use as a dresser/changing table. Wanting to match our crib to it, we originally ordered the Graco Lauren in Espresso. That was NOT what I wanted. However, I searched and found this, with several other reviews saying it was very dark, and true to color, so we went with it. It is a great match! Assembly was a bit tedious, but it is exactly what we were looking forq

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Construction, December 12, 2013
We bought this crib to match the Childcraft Shoal Creek dresser and we love both! All of the pieces plus extras were included and the instruction manual was easy to follow. The crib looks much more expensive than it is.

FYI - Sometimes furniture can be delivered damaged, not just Child Craft. This isn't the manufacturer or Amazon's fault, it just happens. The headboard on our crib had a gash on the front panel. THIS INFO WILL SAVE YOU A MAJOR HEADACHE: Call the manufacturer's phone number on your instruction booklet. They will ask for your order date, the model number and the piece that is damaged and send you a replacement piece via UPS within 1-3 days. You do NOT need to send the entire dresser, crib, or whatever you ordered back to Amazon. You don't even have to send the broken piece back to the manufacturer. You do not pay shipping or any fees at all. No questions asked. Amazon can't deal with broken pieces like the manufacturer can so don't even bother trying. There's nothing worse than having to repack all the heavy pieces and hauling it to UPS to send back to Amazon, so just don't. There you go! Hope this helps, no matter which crib you end up choosing.

4.0 out of 5 stars great crib great price, January 10, 2014
I have only one complaint about this crib one of the panels you can see the nonstained wood which is not a huge deal it still looks very nice and functional

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed!, December 8, 2013
So disappointed! This was a beautiful crib, even in person. The color is rich and the design is classic and can be used for either a girl or boy. Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not know how to properly package the crib for shipping. The first crib that was ordered came with the top decorative part of the, in the future, headboard broken off. So, we sent it back and requested a second crib, same style, manufacturer and it arrived with the decorative part of the headboard broken off. The crib maybe constructed of wood but the decorative part of the headboard is attached with dowel rods and glue. If that part is put together with just glue, what other parts are just glued together? After the second broken crib I no longer felt that these cribs were safe and decided I did not want to trust lying my most precious baby in a glued together crib that can't even survive being shipped in pieces. I bought a different crib that feels much safer, just not as decorative.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some disappointment, but would buy again, July 23, 2014
I bought the changing table that matches this crib and was so pleased with it I went ahead and ordered the crib as well (despite the other reviews). The assembly for the crib was MUCH more difficult than for the changing table. Also, like some of the other posts, there was some damage to the paint finish upon receipt, but it wasn't enough for me to send it back. It is sturdy, although not as sturdy as I would have liked. All in all, it'll work out fine, and it does look nice finished. I would purchase it again, but caution buyers if you're expecting a perfect, finished product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, October 7, 2013
I researched a lot before finally deciding to purchase this crib. It is pretty sturdy and looks clean. There were minor imperfections on some parts, but I kinda expected it. I'm happy that this crib didn't have a bad smell to it, like my friends' experienced with Graco cribs. It was fairly easy for my husband to put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful crib, January 24, 2014
After months of looking and research I finally found the crib I wanted. The quality is great for mid priced crib. I love the fact it can convert from crib to toddler to full size bed. I realize kids beat up their furniture and didn't want to spend a ton of money. I am satisfied with my purchase and bought the matching dresser, nightstand and book case to go with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only converts to crib and toddler, January 2, 2014
It is not a lifetime convertible crib. It just converts from crib to toddler and it was quite difficult to put together.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy, November 1, 2013
The shipping box from the manufacturer clearly states they do not accept any returns. The headboard is damaged, and so I will have to repaid it myself. There are also man made scratches on it that they painted over. And also the directions are so badly damaged they were literally crumpled and thrown into the box. I greatly disappointed and will never buy from this manufacturer again.

Child Craft Logan Lifetime Convertible Crib, Jamocha
$289.99 $236.48
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.