5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I read Book 2

Published on July 11, 2012 by HoosierReader

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I read Book 2, July 11, 2012
This review is from: A Child A Mother Should Love Volume Two (Kindle Edition)
If you read my review for Book 1, then you know that I was so upset by the abuse this mother inflicted on her daughter that I almost didn't finish it. I decided to complete Book 1 and buy Book 2 because I had to know what happened to this child and I wanted to see the mother punished. Oh my God!!!! I'm so glad I bought this book. It had everything in it. Without going into too much detail, let's just say that I shed tears, I mentally high-fived Annie, and was happy about the outcome with the mother. This is a definite must read! Buy it; you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Must Read, July 8, 2012
This book was amazing and had me gripped from the first page to the last. I could not put this book down. It is an outstanding read which delves into the most unimaginable child abuse you can think of. You can't help but feel for Annie and the abuse she suffers at the hands of her mother Jill. This is a gripping book that you will not put down, One word of warning make sure you have both parts of the book before you start to read it. You will not want to stop when volume one ends. I read both of the books in 2 days and have to say I was not disappointed. Annie is a wonderful character that you want to just reach into the book and protect. Jill is an evil self-centered woman that you want to see pay for every injustice she does to her daughter. I will not give away any of the book by saying what happens but it was a very good read and will have you in tears in some parts and other parts you will smile for Annie...Great book Highly recommend

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, iffy writing, July 11, 2012
This review is from: A Child A Mother Should Love Volume Two (Kindle Edition)
There were several things that I really enjoyed about this series. The characters were well developed and the plot was intriguing. I was intrigued enough to buy the second volume. However, I did have a problem with the dialogue. It seemed very stilted and inorganic, and I felt that there were not enough differences in the characters speech patterns. Also, Annie talked too maturely for her age for most of the book. So while the people were interesting and kept me reading, the dialogue was distracting. 3 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first one!, August 12, 2013
This review is from: A Child A Mother Should Love Volume Two (Kindle Edition)
I read the first installment of this two book series and thought, "what a good story that is written so poorly." The story, very sad and emotional was written more like a play by play. The characters hardly spoke so it was difficult to connect to them. I connected more with the story than the characters. However, I have to give it to the author because once finished with the first book, I HAD to get this one just to see what happened to Annie. I was not disappointed! This book was written so much better than the first. The story flowed and the characters came to life. If you can get through the first book, you will not be disappointed reading this one! I guess the author did something right in the first book by keeping us in suspense about the life of this family. good job!

3.0 out of 5 stars A Child A Mother Should Love Volume Two, January 15, 2013
This review is from: A Child A Mother Should Love Volume Two (Kindle Edition)
I read volume 1 & 2. The plot was interesting as well as the characters. I also noticed that Annie seemed to speak too maturely for her age and didn't always sound like a little girl. There are grammatical errors in both volumes, which I found distracting. I bought the volume 2 because I had to find out how things turned out for Annie in the end and I was satisfied with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, October 4, 2012
This review is from: A Child A Mother Should Love Volume Two (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book and was curious to see what was going to happen to Annie, and Jill. A bit disappointed in the end, but very happy with how things turned out for Annie. I only gave this 3 stars because I found several grammatical errors throughout the book. Storyline and plot were great though!

3.0 out of 5 stars Wished it had been better, September 21, 2012
This review is from: A Child A Mother Should Love Volume Two (Kindle Edition)
I really looked forward to the conclusion of the book. Hoping desperately for a successful resolution of little Ann's difficult situation. It didn't happen. While I did enjoy most of the book, I felt that it ended rather quickly almost cheaply, as if the author was pushed for a deadline and just ended it.

5.0 out of 5 stars sad but an excellent read, July 11, 2012
I got volume one for my Kindle. The book showed insight to abuse and what the reasoning was in this situation. After finishing it I immediately ordered volume two. The ending gave me hope for those children who suffer horribly from abuse. These two books will bring you sadness then joy shall come with the ending.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply written yet compelling, March 10, 2014
This review is from: A Child A Mother Should Love Volume Two (Kindle Edition)
There were times throughout both volume one and this book where I thought the author used very a simplistic analysis of events yet every spare minute I had I found myself longing to find out if Jill will finally get what she deserves.
I found this book so emotional it filled my dreams with poor Annie. The storyline was just brilliant, the execution a little basic. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wanted an easy read, yet searched for an exquisite story-line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, January 3, 2014
This review is from: A Child A Mother Should Love Volume Two (Kindle Edition)
this book was a perfect sequel to the first one. I couldn't put it down. A real fast page Turner.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›