Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Child Life Multi Vitamin and Mineral, 8-Ounce
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Flavor: Orange/Mango|Size: 24 - 36 Months|Change

on June 11, 2012
I have a just turned 3 year old on the autism spectrum. One issue we face with her is picky eating. As a result, she has an iron deficiency. I've been told to address it with a multivitamin. She has always refused vitamins. I just barely got her to take the gummy vitamins, but I can't find any with iron. The Childlife Vitamin manufacturer didn't list the vitamins and minerals included in this vitamin, so I relied on a reviewer who stated that it contained iron. I got it today, and it does not contain iron.

For those of you wondering, here's what's in the bottle: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Manganese, Chromium, Potassium, Inositol, Choline Bitartrate.

Other ingredients: Filtered Water, Fructose, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, and Grapefruit Seed Extract.
1919 comments|213 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2013
I started my son on this vitamin over a month ago. So far he's eating better and seems hungry every day. Before we had issues feeding him since he is so picky. Now he ASKS for food. He's also much more energetic...which I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not since 2 yr olds are naturally crazy energetic. LOL! Also just in case you dont know its DAIRY FREE, EGG FREE, NO ARTIFICAL Color, NO ARTIFICAL FAVORS, NO ARTIFICAL SWEETNERS, PEANUT FREE, SHELLFISH FREE, WHEAT FREE, YEAST FREE & GLUTEN FREE!!! All pluses for us! I've done my research and this is the best and most natural that I could find. We love it! 5 stars from this family!
on May 11, 2014
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Teaspoons (10 ml)
Servings Per Container: 24
Chromium (as Chromium Polynicotinate) 7 mcg 6%
Potassium (as Potassium Citrate) 15 mg <1%
Inositol 20 mg
Choline Bitartrate 20 mg
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Daily Value not established.
on December 29, 2014
I would not purchase this. Does not contain active forms of folate and b12. Look for folate (metafolin) and b12 (methylcobalamin). Just research synthetic folic acid and b12 aka cynabolmin-they are not good.
66 comments|23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2010
Flintstone WONT get it with this girl ...she is very picky and the chewable or gummie type children vitamins she HATED !!!!so I search and search and search and I am a health food "foodie" ORGANIC is how we go in our household with most of the items we buy so I came across this product and what I liked about it is that it is made for TODDLERS to PRETEEN !!!!! she can take this vitamin untill she is 12.....she is 5 now so she still has a good while....and the TASTE won her over.....she looks forward to taking her vitamin now .....NOT running from taken it like in the past...!!!!
on December 19, 2015
Actually, I loved it until I found out (knowledge is power) that this product has cyanocobalamin ~ which to put it frankly, contains cyanide. I shudder to think I've been giving my 2 kids cyanide The wretched thing is that a better option exists - methylcobalamin. Why use the former? You guessed it...the cyanide-containing version is cheaper.

Tossing it out today and hoping they change to methylcobalamin.
on May 4, 2013
This is one of the few multivitamin supplements that doesn't contain iron AND tastes good.
My son is prone to constipation, so i didn't dare to get him a multivitamin supplement with iron. We have also tried Enfamil Poly-Vi-Sol Multivitamin Supplement Drops with Iron for Infants and Toddlers, 1 2/3-Ounce Bottles (50ml) (Pack of 2) - the iron aftertaste was too overpowering and noticeable to hide in foods. I know they enfamil has another one without iron, but again, just couldn't hide that multi vitamin taste.

The taste for this one is like tangerine jello, so it's easy to be mixed with fruit purees, juices or other healthy desserts without my son noticing. The smell is like an adult multivitamin, particularly like One a Day women's multi vitamin 250 tablets.

Pro:
+ actually helped with my son's constipation (almost like a very mild probiotic)
+ tastes great, easily hidden in foods
+ great for picky eaters

Cons:
- it actually made my son more energetic and restless at night. He is 14 months old, about 22 pounds and i gave him the recommended dosage for his age in the morning, he ended up not taking his day nap and went to bed at 1:00am in the morning!! :O I suggest taking half the recommended dosage first, to see how your child reacts.
on July 17, 2015
My 3.5 y/o son atisks for this vitamin every evening after dinner. He loves the taste. However, my 11 month old gives me a funny look and tries to spit it out. It will be a hit or miss if your child will like the taste. I just know I like that this vitamin is in liquid form. Not a lot of multivitamins are in liquid form unless it's an infant vitamin. I have tried to change vitamins 5 times. I purchased the Rainbow Light multivitamin this week because it includes iron and more calcium but my 3.5 y/o cried so hard because he didn't want to chew it. He said he wanted his regular vitamin. I even research liquid versions and I should have tried the CALM multivitamin since it has more calcium than this one but still not IRON.

My biggest complaint is NO IRON and Not a lot of calcium. My son is allergic to dairy and needs more calcium in his diet.
on November 30, 2014
I want to give this 4 or 5 stars but the taste is just ok. My 1 year old son can take almost anything including fish oil, etc however it is nearly impossible to get him to consume this. Even mixed with purees he doest like to eat it.

Wish it could be tastier. It is a multi granted and minerals are hard to disguise but could improve
on September 2, 2013
It has a strong mango-type smell, and my daughter is ok with it (we blend it with prunes for her). Expensive, and for reasons I have not yet totally figured out, the cap / bottle gets crazy messy.

I only wish it had iron in it (but, then the taste may be a problem).

Still the best option out there for liquid vitamins for children.