Most helpful positive review
32 of 33 people found the following review helpful
Can use it with handles, not just knobs
on March 13, 2013
I'll add some pictures to demonstrate, but you can use these locks with regular loop handles, not just knobs. Yay! Every cabinet in my house is now baby-proofed.
EDIT: It looks like my pictures got deleted, so I will try to add them again. In the meantime, the way you use it with handles is like this:
1. Make a 2" loop at one end of the cord.
2. Push the smaller latch to the other end of the cord.
3. Run the small latch through both handles.
4. Put the small latch through the 2" loop.
5. You now have the cabinet loosely secured.
6. Tighten the loop so that the small latch can't slip through it.
7. Push the small latch up towards the tightened loop so that it holds the cabinet doors tightly shut.
While the kids are small, you can leave the loop big and just pull the small latch tight against it so that it's easier to open. My two year old has figured out how to get that open, so now I have to tighten it all up.