5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book For The Childless
Published on September 16, 2012 by Broken

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
Book was ok. I gave it three stars because it didn't make me feel better about being childless by marriage.
Published 5 months ago by R. Petruna

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book For The Childless, September 16, 2012
Broken (Albany, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Childless by Marriage (Paperback)
What an amazing book. Sue Lick gives life to the countless thoughts, feelings, and emotions that are a large part of being childless. It's like she was inside my head for most of the writing of this book. She even goes to the darker thoughts that some of us fear giving voice to. She does it and does it so well and so gracefully. And she injects humor throughout the book which isn't always easy with such a heartbreaking topic. I can't thank her enough for writing this book. She also gives an honest description of what it's like to be a stepmother, of which I have also missed out on, so it gave me a glimpse into that part of the childless world that I knew virtually nothing about. I no longer feel that I missed out on that opportunity. I plan to spread the word about this book so that others may feel some of the relief that I felt, and also the companionship, in one of the most difficult realities of life. This book is definitely ahead of it's time since the majority of childless people (yes, men too) that I know still won't or don't know how to talk about the pain of being childless. Maybe this book will be the catalyst to get people to open up and start talking about such a painful part of life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, July 13, 2014
This review is from: Childless by Marriage (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... situation and has helped me to be able to better state how I feel about my husband not wanting ..., July 7, 2014
This review is from: Childless by Marriage (Kindle Edition)
This book is the only thing I've been able to find that compares to my situation and has helped me to be able to better state how I feel about my husband not wanting children to him. I recommend to anyone facing the same challenges.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but repetitive, June 17, 2014
This review is from: Childless by Marriage (Paperback)
I downloaded this book because I am actually the opposite of Sue. I agreed to have babies with my husband and changed my mind. I wanted to see how he might feel from the other side, which is actually not addressed from a man's point of view.

I'll be honest - halfway through this book I started scanning through it, wondering what in the heck she could possible have left to say about the subject that was different. Turns out, not much. It basically repeated the same stuff as the first half of the book.

I got kind of annoyed throughout it. Marrying a guy who wasn't a big part of his children's lives wasn't a red flag to her? She couldn't embrace stepmotherhood fully and take advantage of it, including raising a kid through his teens?

It's ok for a few buck download, I guess. But fairly repetitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, July 24, 2012
This review is from: Childless by Marriage (Kindle Edition)
I recommend this book for those that are open minded and interested in life in general, whether childless or not (I do have children).
However those that do not have children, and would have liked to have had them, are the targeted audience and Sue does a fantastic job of opening up her heart to you. Also visit her blog "Childless by Marriage".

Childless by Marriage