This book is fairly comprehensive without being too technical. While is is impossible to cover the entire realm of disabilities, it serves it's purpose well and is quite informative.
Published 1 month ago by Sonja Hanchar

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived in good condition
Arrived as said, in good condition although it took slightly longer but still during estimated arrival time.
Published on October 8, 2008 by Just jac

5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable resource for parents of children with disabilities and educators, February 16, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Children with Disabilities (Hardcover)
I was very excited with how quickly this book shipped as I needed to read 3 chapters of it for class less than a week later.

5.0 out of 5 stars good reference tool, January 7, 2012
This review is from: Children with Disabilities (Hardcover)
One of the few books purchased for class that I will be keeping. Great reference tool and good information. I teach special education preschool. However, the book is not specific to education and would be a good reference tool for anyone who works with children with special needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Children's Disablilties, October 23, 2011
This review is from: Children with Disabilities (Hardcover)
I had to purchase this book for my class. I would highly recommend this book, because it was easy to read and understand the concepts. I found the information understandable and not boring to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, boring book, October 29, 2010
This review is from: Children with Disabilities (Hardcover)
I had to buy this book for a class at the last minute. I was able to get my hands on this and was thankful. I got it quickly. Now I just have been working through it... written by a neuroscience person it is hard to digest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction - from a special education instructor, August 2, 2010
This review is from: Children with Disabilities (Hardcover)
Easy to understand introduction to childhood development involving disabilities. I will keep this as a reference for years to come. Book is nicely subdivided into easily digestible sections with appropriate headings. That takes some of the sting out of studying, helps you to take good notes, and helps you to find information quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is a treasure chest of information, February 10, 2010
This review is from: Children with Disabilities (Hardcover)
I am so thankful for this book. I first came across the 3rd edition of this book just last year, given to me by a doctor friend who thought it might be helpful. And it sure has been. I'm a special education teacher from the states, now a sp ed consultant in a developing country where sp ed is in the pioneering stages. I am dealing with disabiities I never saw in the states, so this book is very helpful in my on-going education. I just got the 6th edition and am eager to see what's new (the 3rd edition was written in the early 90's!).
The book is well written and organized, so that it is a valuable resource whether I am studying about a certain disability or just want to look up certain information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Special Education Must-Have, November 24, 2009
mirandabee (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Children with Disabilities (Hardcover)
This is an awesome book! full of so much information. a must for someone working in the special education field!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooner than I expected, March 15, 2012
This review is from: Children with Disabilities (Hardcover)
I needed the book ASAP as I was to substitute for another instructor. Received the book in excellent condition and in record time. I was able to review the book before teaching the class. Thanks again

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, September 27, 2010
K. Perry (Richmond, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Children with Disabilities (Hardcover)
Received book fast after ordering. Delivered straight to my door. Book was brand new and in excellent condition. Would buy from seller again.

ARRAY(0x952bb24c)

Children with Disabilities
Children with Disabilities by Mark L. Batshaw (Hardcover - July 17, 2007)
Used & New from: $7.90