Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on February 13, 2000
This story is told from the point of view of Paul, Henri Fabri's son. Paul relates his boyhood experiences being involved with his father's lifework, the study of insects. This is a true "living" science book that will grab your children's interest. Each chapter focuses on one insect that Fabri and his children studied. The pencil drawings focus on the close family relations of this homeschooling family in the 1800's. The drawings also clearly illustrate the insects. This book may inspire the study of an insect and recording the findings in a nature notebook. I look forward to reading more books in this series.
on July 21, 2003
Fabre was such a wonderful writer, such love for the creatures and things he writes about. Margaret Anderson incorporates his own words in this story. It is probably written for ages 7-10, but so beautifully done that older children and adults should love it too. Beautiful book. Hope it comes back into print!
on July 29, 2013
Sweet descriptions, homeschooling and interesting thoughts on science/ experiments and how to regularly incorporate them into your daily life. I have owned a copy of this book for 11 years now. Every time I read it I can't believe that I have forgotten what a find it was 11 years ago. I loan it out often( hence having to re-buy a copy occasionally) and everyone I know who has read it then recommends it. This is not a book to miss.