4.0 out of 5 stars Good Collection of Songs for Children
I purchased this CD to play for my 2 year old in the car. He likes it, and as adult, I don't mind it either. More details below.

Best Features:
-The vocalist (Larry Groce) is quite good. The songs are not over-done, but at the same time his voice is quite expressive.
Published on July 11, 2012 by Langley

3.0 out of 5 stars Great songs!
We keep it in the car, And Julieta just loves it. She swears it's Mickey and Minnie singing. She's happy, we are happy!
Published 23 months ago by Cristina Boos

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Collection of Songs for Children, July 11, 2012
Langley (Santa Clara, CA) - See all my reviews

Best Features:
-The arrangements are simple, but fun. The kid's will enjoy, but it is still very listenable for adults.
-The song list is fairly comprehensive, with a good variety of children's songs.

Drawbacks:
-Even though Mickey and Minnie Mouse are on the cover, they are not part of the playlist in any way.
-All songs are by the same vocalist.
-Some of the song choices are questionable, such as "It ain't gonna rain no more" which includes the lyric "How in the heck am I gonna wash my neck." I don't find this objectionable, but others might. Also, I know that there will come a day when I have to address appropriate language with my 2 year old, but I'm in no hurry to do so.
-Song list includes "Dixie". Again, I don't personally find this objectionable (it has a nice melody). But still, it is a song closely associated with the Confederacy, the Rebel flag, and other sensitive topics.

Summary:
This is a good collection of songs that will entertain children without driving away the adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL MUSIC, January 7, 2009
This review is from: Children's Favorites 1 (Audio CD)
This CD is beloved by both my 3 yr old and 1 yr old. In fact, it does not get on my nerves at all and I hear it all the time. The arrangements are excellent and the singer's voice (a male voice) is pleasant and talented, not shrill or irritating like other kids' music can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 16, 2011
I listened to this same album as a child and now my daughter does, too. The download was quick and painless, and I don't have to rewind the cassette like I used to!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun songs!, June 16, 2011
This review is from: Children's Favorites 1 (Audio CD)
I came across a few songs from this album when I was using Pandora Radio--- The Wiggles station. No, you won't hear disney characters singing along, but I knew that when I purchased it. The main reason I purchased this cd was because of the Old MacDonald song, I loved all the animal noises, and my baby loves it too! All the others songs are nice, this was a good addition to our baby songs library.

5.0 out of 5 stars So pleased!, June 15, 2013
This review is from: Children's Favorites 1 (Audio CD)
I realized one day that my young granddaughter didn't know a lot of these American classic songs- Oh, Susanna, She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain, A Bicycle Built for Two- so I went looking, and am so happy that I found these CDs. I bought four kids music CDs through Amazon, and yesterday we listened to them all while going about our day. In fact, she is driving the whole family crazy with Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me!
That said, I love Larry Groce as host of Mountain Stage, and for his 70's hit Junk Food Junkie, but I feel his songs really bring the action to a halt at some points. There are only three of them though, so don't let that stop you from buying this great kids CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Children's favorites!, January 19, 2010
This review is from: Children's Favorites 1 (Audio CD)
I used to listen to this album (then, in a cassette) as a child, over and over and over. Was sooo glad to find it! I bought it for my nephews and they loved it just as much! Very short songs with lovely accompaniment. Has some calming songs too. Play it while the kids are drawing or playing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great songs!, January 27, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful collection of songs!, July 4, 2011
This review is from: Children's Favorites 1 (Audio CD)
I had these albums on vinyl (vol. 1-3) when I was little and they have stayed with me since then, even though the vinyls have been lost over time. As my husband and I are getting ready to have our first baby, I was thrilled to find the CD's on here because I want my child to experience them the way I did. And I'm not going to lie, I'm looking forward to listening to them again myself! Children's entertainment is not what it used to be, and its nice to be able to play some traditional songs instead of falling back on some of the "music" that is available now.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Excited!, May 18, 2011
I'm so excited to finally have found these! I'm 31 years old and as a kid I had these records! At the age of 10 I gave them away to my newborn cousin along with my record player. If I'd only known how much I'd miss them well into adulthood. When I started making bread and found myself singing "Mammy's little baby loves shortnin' shortnin'..." incessantly, I knew I had to give in and purchase these MP3 albums. I want these songs to be a part of my children's lives in a more beautiful way than I can sing them!

Like the other 5 star reviews I find this guy's voice to be pleasant instead of irritating like so many other children's albums. They also include so many great folk songs that are just drenched in rich history if you want to look into that. I prefer those so much over the 1-2-3 / A-B-C songs of today.

Super happy with my purchase. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars kids songs, May 15, 2011
This review is from: Children's Favorites 1 (Audio CD)
The sound is ok, think that it would be better with kids singing and not a mans voice - think the kids would make it sound more chirpy. But overall the songs are fun to sing along to.

Children's Favorites 1
Children's Favorites 1 by Disney (Audio CD - 2008)