5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful! More than just a baby & toddler book!
I purchased this when it was a free promotion, but it's definitely worth paying for, for two reasons.

Published on April 6, 2012 by MyHighestValue

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good on Kindle
I downloaded this on the spur of the moment in a vain attempt to entertain a 2 year old. Well, it didn't work. The pictures were obiviously scanned and the resulting characters for the text were barely discernable to me, let alone a 2 year old. I'm sure this is a great book in print, just not on Kindle.
Published on November 6, 2011 by Tenchi in DC

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful! More than just a baby & toddler book!, April 6, 2012
This review is from: Children's Picture Book: Dragon's Alphabet Soup: Learn ABCs with Eric the Dragon (A Gorgeous Illustrated Bedtime Children's Picture Book about a Dragon Making Lunch) (Kindle Edition)

First, the pictures are delightful! We read this on a Kindle Fire, which I'd guess is the best way to read it on a Kindle device. I can't imagine it without full color; the detailed illustrations wouldn't be nearly as lovely in black & white. I especially loved the subtle humor in the "K is for Kiwi" page, although it will be a while until my 2yo gets the joke.

Second, I can see this being a good read for babies all the way up to preK kids. The "__ is for _____" text is very simple, probably best for the under-3 crowd if read as-is. With a bit of extra discussion, though, it's entirely appropriate for older little ones, too. For example, "W is for Watermelon. Where is the watermelon? What color is the watermelon? Is the watermelon big or small? Would watermelon taste good in soup? What would YOU put in a watermelon soup?" and so on. Just by casually talking about the pictures, you could cover color, counting, size, food groups, nutrition, and plants/growing things. Not all at once, of course, but through repeated readings, which many younger kids enjoy if you do it right. I know mine love it, and my 2yo has asked to read this again quite a few times.

If you're looking for an ABC book for your toddler or preschooler, one that has great pictures AND great re-read value, Dragon's Alphabet Soup definitely fits the bill!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, May 1, 2012
This is a beautiful book. The artwork is the best I've seen in a children's picture book, and my children like it. I recommend this book for anyone with young children that are learning their ABCs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Illustrations, April 28, 2012
This is one of the best illustrated children's books available on the kindle. Definitely a great value at 99 cents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning tool, December 2, 2012
Great read for those learning their alphabet. Cute pictures to go along with each letter. My 3year old loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I might make this soup!, November 16, 2012
Originally I thought it would be hard to leave a review for this book...I mean how much can you say about a children's picture book, right? Not so. This book may have the most adorable illustrations I have ever seen in a kid's book. I love the dragon. I wish I could adopt him. Secondly, I liked that the author used something other than the usual words associated with the alphabet letters. It was refreshing to see some originality. My toddlers both love this book and it taught them to say a few new words which was a great bonus. What a cute book! the only thing I wonder about is what a soup that contains donuts, quail eggs and x-shaped cookies would be like? Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, November 14, 2012
Nice colorful pictures and good selection of foods. Good for a child just learning abc's especially if the like dragons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragon's Alphabet Soup: Learn ABCs with Eric the Dragon (A Children's..., November 12, 2012
This book was great my children loved it ! We made the soup as we read the book and had so much fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Grand child's book, October 6, 2012
My little 2 year old Great Grand Daughter liked it a lot. I am not up on children's books but her Grandmother picked this from Amazon
and we read it on my Kindle. Cute story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Both my kids love it!, June 19, 2012
My kids sure love dragon books. This particular one keeps both of my 5-year-old and 3-year-old busy. With the marvelously illustrated ABC soup book, my son loves "trying to teaching" his younger sister what each letter says and sounds like; but she's always more interested in the colorful pictures! It is a truly entertaining sight. A must-have for toddlers and pre-schoolers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way for children to learn their ABC's, June 16, 2012
Fantastic artwork and great book to assist children in learning their alphabet. Dragon and colorful pages keep the kids interested and help them to remember their letters and the order of their letters in the alphabet. Great book for preschool classes and even kindergarten. Thanks so much!