Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "JL Childress Gate Check Bag for Umbrella Strollers...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 13% off the $13.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
|Price:||$13.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. FREE Returns. Details|
- 1.25" high
- 4.75" wide
- Use it to protect umbrella strollers from dirt and germs
- Drawstring closure and adjustable lock
- Ensure this item fits your stroller, check the compatibility chart below in Technical Specification section below.
Deal of the Day: Up to 60% Off Luggage & Accessories
Today only, save up to 60% on luggage and accessories, including luggage sets, carry-ons, umbrellas, and more. See eligible items.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Features a webbing handle and personal identification box. Also use as a storage bagNot recommended for baggage check -Materials:
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 15.5 x 45 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B000QWA9F8
- Item model number: 2111
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 17, 2007
- Average Customer Review:
From the Manufacturer
Travel tested by families around the world!
About J.L. Childress
For over 30 years, J.L. Childress has been thoughtfully designing high-quality products that are practical and multi-functional. As a family-owned business headquartered in Orange County, CA, we’re parents, sisters and daughters, working every day to make family adventures around the world a little easier.
We are your 'on-the-go experts', providing functional products at an affordable price point for practical parenting. From the classic Maxicool 4-bottle cooler, to our famous Gate Check Bags, the J.L. Childress standards for design, functionality and value are applied to each and every product we make.
From our family to yours, travel happy!
~ The Childress Family
Gate Check Bag for Umbrella Strollers
by J.L. Childress
Protect your stroller when checking at the airplane gate with the original Gate Check Bag for Umbrella Strollers by J.L. Childress. Designed in 2006 and travel-tested by hundreds of thousands of families around the world, Gate Check Bags by J.L. Childress are compact and lightweight, making it convenient and easy to protect your gear from dirt and germs.
Made of durable denier polyester fabric and featuring double-stitched seams for strength, the Gate Check Bag for Umbrella Strollers easily fits most lightweight and umbrella-style strollers. The Gate Check Bag for Umbrella Strollers comes with a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship.
Protect your valuable stroller from grease, dirt and germs and enjoy peace-of-mind while traveling that your car seat will be safely returned to you!
- Visit www.jlchildress.com for a full compatibility guide
- Not recommended for baggage check
- Perfect for use at home as a storage bag
- Drawstring closure with adjustable lock
- Wipe clean with mild soap and warm water. Adult use only.
Enjoy peace of mind while traveling!
Bright red color and large "gate check" graphic easily identify your car seat, helping to ensure safe return of your item to the airplane gate after your flight.
Compact & convenient
Stuffs quickly into attached zippered pouch. Compact to fit in diaper bag or travel bag.
Easy to use
Webbing handle for easy lifting
Safe & secure
Personal identification box
|Gate Check Bag for Umbrella Strollers||Gate Check Bag for Standard & Double Strollers||Padded Umbrella Stroller Travel Bag||Standard & Dual Stroller Travel Bag|
|For use when checking stroller at airplane gate||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|For use when checking stroller as luggage||✓||✓|
|Made of heavy-duty, durable denier fabric||✓||✓|
|Padded strap to carry over-shoulder||✓||✓|
Top Customer Reviews
First some context: I am a father of two and owner of 3 strollers and 3 car seats. I travel with my wife and daughters between 3-4 times a year. I have purchase other bags for the purpose of covering my strollers and car seats in the past but have now settled with this "gate check" bag.
As parents know, traveling with small children requires patience and a lot of stuff. Having something that protects your stuff is key if you want to use it more than once. For that reason I have purchased a bag for each of my strollers and car seat that I used when traveling on a plane. It is cleared to me that if you don't use a bag your stuff will get damage or dirty easily.
If you have an expensive stroller or car seat and want to keep it intact you probably need to buy the brand's hard bag. No need to lie here. This bag is great for its intended purpose but it is still made from normal threads so if you want bullet-proof material, don't think that this one will stand to your expectations.
This bag is great to keep your normal stroller clean and it would protect it from its normal wear and tear. It won't protect it from a clumsy or awful bag taker. The only way you are going to be saved from those people is having a hard bag but that it is impossible when you are gate checking. In others words this is as good as you get for gate checking bags.
In terms of fitting well, check the right size for your stroller and car seat. There is a bag for each purpose. I have purchased the umbrella stroller size and it fit perfectly for my Uppa Baby stroller.Read more ›
Also keep the plastic case it comes in because trying to fold it up back into the self contained zip pouch is nearly impossible. Much easier to roll it up and stuff it back into the plastic case.
Fits umbrella stroller with plenty of room to spare.
1. it is bright red, you'll see it in the sea of gate check stuff.
2. it keeps your stroller clean - my red bag is very dirty after 2 vacations, and 2 lend outs.
3. it make is easier to carry your folded up stroller*
4. you can stuff other stuff in it that you don't "need" on the plane - like jackets.
5. it is great to use to store your stroller when you aren't using it.
* Note: We found that getting the stroller all packages up outside of the gate was easier . . . doing in on a runway or by the plane is just annoying, makes you all sweaty and hard w/ a baby/toddler.
***As others have noted, the seams may break on this bag if handled roughly by baggage handlers. To avoid this, I turned the bag inside out and put duct tape on all of the interior seams (gorilla tape would work as well). This added tremendous strength to the bag***
1) This bag protected our First Years Jet Stroller to Europe and Back. The bag got dirtied and covered in snow on the tarmac but the stroller kept clean.
2) When gate checking the stroller, we also put our rain cover and a winter jacket (or two) in this gate check bag. This was super helpful and made getting on/off flights much easier.
3) Having the bright red bag made it easy to spot and figure out where to go to pick up the stroller as we could watch the handlers through the windows. It is often hard to tell where to go to pick up a stroller in major European airports and this bag made that much easier.
4) Having the bright red bag made it easy to say "look for the bright red bag" when baggage handlers were struggling to find our stroller in the cargo hold.
I will be purchasing another two bags today: one for our car seat and one for our larger stroller that we will take for domestic travel. I would give this bag six stars if I could.
I like the idea of this cover, but the material needs to be stronger.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I ordered this for our trip from LA to the east coast. It went through 4 different plane rides and did great! I love that it comes in a very, very small pouch that it folds into. Read morePublished 19 hours ago by Jasmine
Inexpensive bag, but served it's purpose. If I traveled a lot more I would probably spend more for a higher quality one.Published 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
a tad thin, we had to duct tape the seams because I wanted it to last more than one trip as we fly quite often. Ive been happy thus far and its been a few years!Published 17 days ago by Tiffany Nicole
Love this bag, so good for spotting your buggy a mile away on the carousel when you arrivePublished 22 days ago by Kershni
Wish it had a shoulder strap, but it did the trick and was a great value.Published 24 days ago by Emily
Life saver!!! You need this when traveling to protect your stroller from getting dirty. I went out of the country and the bag is filthy but my stroller is not.Published 1 month ago by Simone
Our umbrella stroller made it to Disney and back without getting dirty thanks to this. I did notice some dirt/grime/grease on the outside of the bag which would have otherwise... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jacob Meyers