5.0 out of 5 stars What's the difference between $8.99 & $22.99?
Published on October 16, 2010 by LMN

As many other reviewers mentioned here, I also got this CD and it is not the Tanya Goodman CD. The rating is reflecting this fact and I used it intentionally so that other buyers might find this post and get the original Tanya Goodman CD, which is also available from Amazon.

Published 9 months ago by tudorachet

5.0 out of 5 stars What's the difference between $8.99 & $22.99?, October 16, 2010
A lot! At least, from what I can tell from the descriptions of the two versions of this CD, the ~$9 version is "various artists." The more expensive--and better CD, IMO--is sung by Tanya Goodman only. The CD version of her songs is what we were given almost 10 years ago at our daughter's baby shower. It's the version I *thought* I'd been giving as gifts to every new mom I know. Today, as I was sending this CD to another new mom-to-be, I realized the cheaper version is "various artists." Now, these singers my be fine performers, but I can't imagine listening to these songs sung by anyone other than Ms. Goodman. The lullabyes are beautifully written, but her voice is a huge reason we love this lullabye CD more than any other. I think it's worth the extra money--and extra delivery time--to go with the best. Believe me, a new mom & dad will more than get their money's worth from these precious, memorable songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best baby lullaby music, September 16, 2007
This review is from: Child's Gift of Lullabyes (Audio CD)
We LOVE this CD!! I have bought at least 12 of these for my grandchildren and for baby gifts. It's just the sweetest, most soothing, calming music that is also great for parents and grandparents to sing along with. (words are included) All of my little ones love it. When we play the CD at nap or bedtime, the babies will go to sleep anywhere - grandparent's house, trips, friend's house for a nap, etc. It tells them it is time to go to sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the Tonya Goodman Sykes CD, October 16, 2010
This review is from: Child's Gift of Lullabyes (Audio CD)
These lullabyes are beautiful, so no penalty of a lower rating from me. BUT, if you are buying this as a gift (or a replacement for a worn out CD or cassette that's been listened to so much it's worn out) & you have the Tanya Goodman CD, go look for the more expensive version. This $9 version is "varoius artists." If you haven't listened to this CD before, then this version is probably fine. But if you love the Tanya Goodman-only version, then find the $23 CD & get that one. It takes extra time & extra $, but it's worth it. I can't imagine listening to these lullabyes sung by anyone but her.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Tanya Goodman CD, but you can get the original CD also on Amazon!, November 7, 2013

The problem is that the preview MP3s that are available for this CD by "Various Artists" are actually sung by Tanya Goodman, so when you order this CD, you expect that you will get the Tanya Goodman CD, which is not the case. I will complain to Amazon about this.

However, you can get the original Tanya Goodman CD from Amazon. Here is the link: B000066I4I

Note that the artist for this CD is Tanya Goodman and not Various Artists.

If the link is not posted, then look for the CD (current price: $10.78) with the following description:

Audio CD (June 4, 2002)
Number of Discs: 1
Label: New Haven Records
ASIN: B000066I4I

I hope this will help other prospective buyers avoid the frustration of getting the wrong CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic and wonderful CD, November 28, 2003
E. Mosby (AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Child's Gift of Lullabyes (Audio CD)
I was given the tape of the lullabyes when I was a little girl by my mom. And after I had my daughter last year, I was going through some old boxes and found it. It put her to sleep right away, just like it did me. So, when I found that they still made it and in a CD, I had to get it! I am so glad I get to share this with my daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars the ultimate bedtime music, March 2, 2004
We were given this cassette for our newborn baby. He's now almost 10 and it is the standard in our nighttime ritual. I can't count the number of times this has been played. The tape is now wearing thin and we need the CD. The music is as beautiful as the first time we heard it. It provides a gentle, soothing and very very comfortable end to each day. There is something to be said for constants these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very relaxing, June 28, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Child's Gift of Lullabyes (Audio CD)
wore out the first CD with oldest child, ordering another,couldn't imagine a better CD for young ones

5.0 out of 5 stars The best lullabyes!, June 24, 2004
This is truly my favorite children's CD! I came across it when I was younger and babysat. The family I worked for played it each evening for the children as they laid down to sleep. Now that I have my own child I wanted to have it for her. It's been a few years since I stopped working for them and unfortunately I could not remember the name, just what the cover looked like. Now, thanks to Amazon I have found it and am enjoying it over and over. The songs are beautiful, heartfelt and so soothing. I especially like the fact that there are two parts to the CD. You can hear the songs with lyrics and also without. I highly recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful and soothing, May 7, 2004
My husband bought this tape when our first baby was born. It played every night when all 3 of our sons were babies. It has the most wonderful melodies and the sweetest words. One side is the singing version of the songs, and the flip side is just the music. My father in law enjoyed hearing the music on the monitor so much when our kids slept over, that he eventually went out and bought a copy for himself!! It's always the gift I give when buying for someone's first baby. You can't go wrong with this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angelic voice, December 16, 2004
This album was given to us by the music director at our church as a new baby gift. This music is so gentle and lovely, soothing and beautiful! I have a couple other lullaby tapes and none come even close to this one. I have a degree in music, so I'm quite picky about music, and I can completely vouch for it. I am on the site today to order it for my new niece.

Child's Gift of Lullabyes
Child's Gift of Lullabyes by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2002)
Rate and Discover Movies