1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best I've heard in a Long Time, March 18, 2012
This review is from: Chillin' (MP3 Music)
This is a very tight and talented group of sensitive musicians playing off of each other in the best of ways. I found it as I've been a fan of David Newman since his many great recordings of the 70s. This recording is also strikingly well done in terms of its audio fidelity. The gorgeous tonal richness of each of the instruments is captured and balanced beautifully with the others. In particular, the interplay and the timbre of the bass with the drums makes the pieces jump. It's been a long time since I've heard music this good. It's so good that it is making me notice and feel bad about the deficiencies of my various playback systems and speakers. It takes me back to the days when an investment in audiophile-quality equipment was justified. If you still have a good quality amplifier and speakers with excellent mid-range response, this record will take you back to the days when musicians could really play and no computers were involved.

ARRAY(0xa68bf1c8)