Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Chimaera 5.1 Wireless Gaming Headset - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 29% off the $199.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Chimaera 5.1 Wireless Gaming Headset - Xbox 360
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Extra Large 50mm Neodymium Drivers - For true-to-life gaming audio
- Up To 8 Hours of Battery Life - For uninterrupted gaming
- 5.1 Channel Dolby Surround Sound for Pinpoint Positional Audio
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
I purchased my Razer Chimaeras last year in anticipation of MW3 and ESV: Skyrim. After using a Razer mouse for a year, I looked into their selection. The Chimaera's looked cool, had several features, and most importantly, offer 5.1 surround sound in a Wireless option, something which other companies did not have at the time. I pre-ordered it and waited.
When they arrived, I immediately hooked them up and inserted CoD: Black Ops. I had to hook up the required Optical connection to my TV, since my XBox 360 was first-gen, but it was a minor oversight. The Surround Sound functioned all the same. This is my total, flat review:
+ Sound=9/10: Arguably the most important aspect of the headset, the Chimaera does little to disappoint in this area. It has a smooth consistency and doesn't apply any limiters, so sounds that are supposed to be loud, are loud, and soft, soft. I was expecting the headphone bass to be jacked up in order to appeal to the current market, but the Normal Sound setting (more on that later) is very equalizer-neutral and allows the actual game sound to come through without changing it. My only complaint in this area is the very slight signal hum that the headphones emit. While playing Skyrim, I came upon a particularly quiet area, and turned the game sound to 0% to check. It's extremely low, but still exists, and shouldn't.
+ Comfort:=7/10: When I first donned the headset, it was quite tight around my ears and the foam within the top (cranial) pads was also quite stiff.Read more ›
- AAA Rechargable Batteries. It can charge them through the base on which it sits, so I never need to take them out and if they die I can get an industry-standard replacement. Love it! I use Eneloop brand and get several hours of game time, but I'm sure the runtime will vary depending on what batteries you use (duh!).
- Wireless. No more running over the cord with your chair or tripping over it and sending the headset flying. The range is very good too, even going 20' through one wall or ceiling with no trouble. No clicking or hiss as in other headsets.
- Surround Sound. Technically not "real" 5.1 surround, but it does take clear optical audio and make a very decent imitation using Dolby Headphone. I'm not kidding: the room ambiance effect when listening to music made it sound like I was listening to my speakers, not my headset. Very happy with the quality, but I'm sure there are audiophiles that may not agree with me.
- Buttons. Easy to find without looking and the physical click gives you feedback that they registered.
- Mic Quality: Picks-up well and decent clarity for what it is. It's not a pro mic by any stretch, but it's a step up from the "average" PC mic. Xbox live chat worked well. Sensitivity was reasonable since it didn't register when I wasn't speaking even with some low background noise.Read more ›
fit: the headset is big, and opens up 10 notches...i wear glasses and have a semi big head i have them opened to 3 comfortably and i could take off my glasses without taking the headset off, thats a big plus for me because with other headphones ive owned they have seemed to be tight and uncomfortable on my glasses...the padding is thick on the ears and the head it has the form fitting feel if they make mesh ear cups available i would purchase them, the headset has some weight to it but as soon as they go on my head with the padding it seems to form to my head i dont feel them one bit and have wore them for 3 hours at once without taking them of or adjusting them it was like i didn't have anything on
buttons: theres 2 buttons on the outside of each cup power and mic mute on the left mode and sync on the left...if your like me and only play online and are not going to be around other razer chimaera 5.1 then you'll use the sync button 1 time...there is mic volume up and down buttons on the headset too and headset volume...i feel the placement of them is ok i pick up my headsets/phones from the cups and put them on my head, if you do that your most likely going to be raising the volume its not a big deal ive learned to not do it.
setup : setup is very easy...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worked great and for the price purchased. Had no issues and eventually sold when Xbox was sold.Published 5 days ago by Mdb
Good headphones, I dont have them any more because they finally retired. I am in the market for new headphones but I want a wireless 7. Read morePublished 9 days ago by buffguytv
My son loves these and they seem to be working very well...no problems !!Published 14 days ago by mel
It took me a while to get it to set up on PC, but once i got it set up it was works great. The sound for the most part is good, Music sounds a bit odd but i believe its the virtual... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Joshua R.
We've never been able to make these fully function. My son can hear but others cannot hear him speak.Published 5 months ago by Lisa Stem
I've been using the Logitech G930 headset ow.ly/PUB5B for a few years and love it. But it broke. So instead of getting what I know, I thought I'd try something different. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Frank Garner
Amazing, Although I've Had Them For Quite Sometime, I Wish I Had New Ones Again....Published 8 months ago by Shade
- Sound stage is great, very nice open ear headset.
- Range on wireless is excellent as well, I can be in my front or back yard and still get audio. Read more