4.0 out of 5 stars Chinese Goldfish, by a Chinese expert!
Published on November 20, 2002 by King Denien

3.0 out of 5 stars A Matter Of Taste
Published on February 28, 2011 by S. R. Kimball

4.0 out of 5 stars Chinese Goldfish, by a Chinese expert!, November 20, 2002
This review is from: Chinese Goldfish (Hardcover)
I've had this book for many years in a German translation and even though the translation isn't always correct, the photographs and discussions alone opened my eyes to another world of goldfish! This book illustrates well that it is the Chinese who have created the original colours and forms of all known fancy goldfish on the market, barring perhaps the Tosakin, and illustrates very well the differences in taste in breeding between the Chinese and the rest of the world. Curled Gills, Dragon Pushing a Ball, Goose-Head Redcaps, etc., etc., this book (in my translation) aslo presents these Chinese fish with their original names; a wonderful book if you love goldfish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful photos, October 3, 2008
This review is from: Chinese Goldfish (Hardcover)
This book has been on my living room table for years. It goes into GREAT detail on how to breed and care for goldfish. It even tells of certain leaves you can add to a tank to help with the health of your fish. At least once evey few months someone (including me) sits on the couch and reads through this interesting book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chinese Goldfish, August 6, 2013
This review is from: Chinese Goldfish (Hardcover)
Lots of pictures of goldfish. However, the content needs to be revised, the layout updated and proof read for English errors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
This review is from: Chinese Goldfish (Hardcover)
Wonderful pictures, you must have this book if you are obsessed with Gold fish of any type!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice pictures!, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Chinese Goldfish (Hardcover)
I had a copy of this book years ago. One of my favorites! Very nice photos and info. A must have if you like raising Goldfish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the paper it's printed on, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Chinese Goldfish (Hardcover)
A well done book. An absolute treasure.
Anyone who is really interested in goldfish
culture should invest in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Struck Gold!, November 20, 2012
Jerry J Arko (Simi Valley, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chinese Goldfish (Hardcover)
To my amazement, the seller sold an original publication of it. Pretty much the same as later editions, but this one had ref. to the Chinese Publication company printed on it...which later Tetra only appeared. For a collectable value, I'm so glad I got this edition. I've had a previous later edition that got lost in my move into a new place.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Matter Of Taste, February 28, 2011
This review is from: Chinese Goldfish (Hardcover)
It is a nice book with some interesting history and lots of good photos, but personally, I liked very few of the goldfish varieties pictured in the book. Like I said, it is a matter of taste...some people love poodles, I don't. I just found most of these fish to look deformed. Reversed gills, huge nasal growths, head growths that interfere with vision and swimming...just not my thing. Others might love the book, though.

Also, the book, at least the tetra edition, is pretty much an advertisement for their products. Every time a problem is discussed, a Tetra product is discussed and pictured as the solution.

Chinese Goldfish
Chinese Goldfish by Li Zhen (Hardcover - January 1, 1998)
Used & New from: $11.08