Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 1, 2013
As an old timer who fondly remembers 1958, December, when, who we thought was David Seville but was really Ross Bagdasarian (Sr), released his treasured "Chipmunk Song." I am forever grateful to this artist who patiently took the time to create a classic. The same is true for the two original "Christmas with the Chipmunks" LP's. Unfortunately, but (I guess) understandably, this CD omits 8 of the 24 original Christmas songs from the two LP's and substitutes two new songs, recorded many years after Sr.'s unfortunate death. That is a shame. Today's kids will not hear "Jingle Bell Rock" or "Here We Come A-Caroling," etc. Instead we have "Ho, Ho, Ho" with R. Bagdasarian Jr. trying to impersonate David Seville and what sounds to me to be a female voice for the chipmunks. Kids have changed and music, the instrumentation, likewise, so I guess it matters little to the toddlers of today that they are not receiving the complete original versions. But when the previously mentioned song has Alvin wanting cash for Christmas, I get a bit nostalgic for the good old days. "I still want my hula-hoop."
on December 30, 2015
I remember having a Chipmunks Christmas record when I was growing up, and I loved it. I bought this for my five and six year old. They laughed at first. Hearing the chipmunks sing is rather hilarious , but we played it quite a few times without the laughter. This is a great Christmas album for little ones to listen to. I would recommend it.
on January 21, 2016
This played on loop at my house at Christmas when I was a kid (the cassette version). The CD has had songs added, which are even better. I think "Ho Ho Ho" may be my new favorite Christmas song.
on December 6, 2014
I bought this album because I always affectionately remembered listening to my families Chipmunks Christmas record. I was worried that I would get sick of the chipmunk voices as I know many adults have complained of this. To be honest, I find that I do okay though after the third time going through the album is does start to grate at me.

There are a couple songs on the album that are primarily sung by Dave which help get through it. As I recall from childhood, half the fun of the album is also the interplay between the chipmunks and Dave, and this album continues that tradition with a couple songs that either I don't remember or are new.

Most important, my daughter at the age of two loves it. The version of Jingle Bells on this album is specifically requested when we get home in the evening and she'll call out "Alvin!" after Dave yells at the most troublemaking of the Chipmunks. As a single adult I would probably rate it a 3 or 4, but as a parent of a young child her opinion brings it up to a 5.
on October 28, 2015
Bought this for my daughter who loves Alvin and the Chipmunks. Great buy. My daughter loved it and it brought on good memories of when I would listen to this. Shipped fast, CD was clean and in good condition.
on December 4, 2014
Bought this to introduce my kids to the chipmunk classic "Christmas Don't Be Late". It has a fairly recent song on there too, number 18(Ho Ho Ho) that we fell in love with also. Great to play for trimming the tree or background music to throw in the mix when entertaining.
on December 16, 2014
loaded up on my child's MP3 player easily. I finally listened to it and noticed that some of the main vocals are almost silent compared to the other parts of the music. It's like a really bad audio tape recording!
on November 18, 2012
Recently, I received a bit of a Christmas treat in the mail. I was sent a copy of the new Chipmunks Christmas CD. I don't know about the rest of you, but I grew up listening to the Chipmunks albums and was really excited at the idea of being able to share them with you and also with my granddaughters!

I popped the CD in and got ready to enjoy...and I wasn't disappointed at all! This CD is full of all of your favorite Christmas carols as well as a few new songs. I think it's great that a whole new generation can enjoy the fun. Can any of us forget the Chipmunk song or how we'd giggle hearing Alvin's name hollered in frustration?

Alvin and The Chipmunks, are here to make your yuletide bright with this fun, festive 18-track CD collection of some of their most popular holiday classics. I absolutely loved this CD - it was fun, nostalgic, full of energy and Christmas spirit. I know you'll enjoy this CD! It's the perfect gift for kids and adults alike!

I was sent a copy of this CD to review. All opinions are my own.
on December 17, 2013
I got this for my 3 year old son. This being the first Christmas he actually has enjoyed and understands, he has totally been into christmas songs. And Alvin & The Chipmunks was a perfect choice; it cracks him up all the time. Even if he's throwing a tantrum or upset, I put this on & he's laughing in no time.
I didn't expect this to be delivered for about a week & it was at my house in 3 days.
on January 9, 2013
We love Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas CD as we only had it on tape before & a record of it. It has became tradition that we play it after our Thanksgiving dinner which starts the beginning of the Christmas season for us. When we can't be with our children for Thanksgiving we know that our children who are now grown will also be playing their Chipmunk Christmas after their Thanksgiving dinner which makes us feel close even when we're not physically together.