5.0 out of 5 stars These run really large.
I wear an 11 in sneakers, a 10.5 in dress shoes, and I had to return these twice. I had to go a full size down to a 9.5 to get a good fit on these. Once I got the sizing dialed in though, I loved them. The leather is thick and the boots are rugged and comfortable.
Published 14 months ago by R0k0v

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made boot
I have been using Red Wing 8 inch boots for years, very comfortable and well made. The last pair I bought had to be restitched twice though. I do stone work in SW Colorado, so it can get very hot working outdoors. I wanted to try a 6 inch boot instead of a 8 inch high boot to see if they would be any cooler. I look for boots that are just leather and don't cushioning all...
Published 19 months ago by Cicero

5.0 out of 5 stars These run really large., May 14, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy feet, July 23, 2013
This review is from: Chippewa Apache Lace Up Boot (Apparel)
I'm 60 years old. Wear my boots 8 hours per day +. Do concrete construction at remote sites and my feet feel good all day long till I take my boots off at the end of the day. The boots look and feel great. I wear a 14 2E and the fit is just right. When these wear out I'll buy two more. I bought my boots at Amazon. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the look but you should definitely buy small., December 30, 2013
I normally wear an 8 or 8.5 wide. I knew these were big so I got a 7.5 wide. The length is right but the width is really too big. Try a pair on before you buy them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for., April 11, 2013
I was in need of a do-all boot. Found it. The construction of the boot is on point. The "orange" line around the sole had me worried, but it doesn't stay that bright for long. Boot is very comfortable although it takes a little break in around the highest part on your ankle. I wear an 11 in tennis shoes, and went with the 10d. The fit is perfect and I have slightly wide feet. Shouldn't be needing another pair of boots for a long time, but I will buy theses again when I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great All Purpose Boot, May 22, 2012
In this day and age most "boots" are made of many different scrap materials from different countries.
Fortunately you can still find a no BS, Made in U.S.A. resoleable pair of boots. These boots are
very versatile. So far they've performed well with work, hiking and they're even stylish enough
to almost be dress boots. They are a warm weather boot, as they are breathable, but not waterproof.
I only wish the lining wasn't cotton so it would better wick moisture.

But if you want an all purpose boot, this is a great pick ! I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these American made boots!, March 8, 2014
I read all of the reviews before my purchase, I did take the advice to buy smaller than I usually would. At first I thought I should have got wider, but I thought I would give the leather a chance to stretch. I did, and I love the fit. I am glad I didn't send them back for wider. Very comfortable and very well built. If I had to walk all day on the job I would advise that you break them in at home for a couple days. I get a lot of looks from people, they will notice your boots and they will ask you about your American flag charm on your laces. I always feel good about helping my American brothers and sisters and there families by buying American from an AMERICAN company. I am embarrassed to say I have bought the cheap boots before, I will never do it again... they last a year or two (maybe). I am going back to quality, longevity and supporting my neighbors (from another state).

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome boots but beware of sizing., January 25, 2014
Nicholas J. Siebenmorgen (Savannah, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
I love these boots. The materials and construction are well worth the price. The sizing, like was seems to be the case with other classic American made boot makers is off. I wear an 11 in Nike and Asic running shoes. I have a normal width foot if not slightly narrow. After trying several sizes the 10 double wides (2E) fit me perfectly. They're not wide at all. I hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome boots!, January 12, 2014
Well, first review ever, though I've probably read thousands when purchasing. Figure I should help some other people out. These boots are incredibly well constructed. And so comfortable! I could have probably walked 15 miles in them out of the box. I did order a half size smaller than my norm because I read they run large. They are still a tad large and maybe I could have ordered a full size smaller than my normal size. Having said that, they fit my wide feet with narrow heels very well. I got the 10ee. I am also prone to bunionettes (like a bunion but on the outside of the foot) and all shoes are terrible to break in, especially boots. Soem shoe break-ins leave me nearly crippled. I hate breaking in boots. These boots are perfect, however. I am currently suffering the misfortune of living in SE Michigan and took my pup out on some really sloppy, wet, slushy trails yesterday while it was raining. My feet were perfectly dry. I did treat the boots with obenaufs as soon as i got them.

These boots are styley, functional, super comfy, surprisingly light-weight, with excellent traction, and I imagine they will be very durable for the long haul. I destroy equipment/shoes and a large reason I bought them was durability. I don't think I will be disappointed.

I don't think many people would be disappointed with a purchase of these boots. Go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauties., January 6, 2014
Gorgeous boots. I sized down because I heard they fit a little large; I usually wear 9.5/10, but my 9's fit great even with a bit thicker socks on. Threw some Sno Seal to make them last a little longer (it also darkened them) and they're fantastic. 10/10, would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save the economy, buy American., December 25, 2013
Jo Mama (New England) - See all my reviews
Tough as nails and made in USA. Be patient and let them break in. Mink oil helps soften and protect the leather.

Chippewa Apache Lace Up Boot