5.0 out of 5 stars American Tough
In the past 18 years I have had 3 pairs of these boots. The second pair wont count because my puppy ate them (really).
Published on December 26, 2010 by J. Glauner

3.0 out of 5 stars BULKY
Published 20 months ago by PENJO

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars American Tough, December 26, 2010
This review is from: Chippewa Men's 27868 12" Snip Toe Harness Boot (Apparel)
They are the toughest boot I have ever owned and I wear them almost every day ,work ,camping or just out and about .The pair I have now are 8 years old and my wife just bought me the 4th pair for this Christmas, and low and behold they are made in AMERICA kinda still proves we can make the best in anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heavy duty motorcycle boot, April 20, 2011
This review is from: Chippewa Men's 27868 12" Snip Toe Harness Boot (Apparel)
Was trying to decide between this Chippewa Harness boot or the Double H version. I saw a friends Double H but decided to order the Chippewa since it was only $35 more than the Double H and Chippewa quality is second to none. The Double H Harness boot is nice but nothing close to the Chippewa boot.

On Chippewa's site I downloaded the sizing guide and according to it I should order a size 11. I knew that was too big. I usually wear a 9 1/2 or 10 in all boots. I took a chance and ordered the size 10 and they fit perfect just like all my other boots.

These boots are comfortable right out of the box. Soft thick leather and they won't take long to break in. Love the Vibram sole too. Great boot and made in the USA. I'm really tired of the crap Chinese boots that fall apart within a year. These things are so heavy duty you can tell they are going to last a long long time.

Great boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite boots I own now. I use them to ride my motorcycle and look like a badass, October 4, 2013
This review is from: Chippewa Men's 27868 12" Snip Toe Harness Boot (Apparel)
I was not prepared to fall in love with these boots. I ride a motorcycle everyday for transportation and so it took me about 2 weeks to break these puppies in. Note: these boots take a while to break in.

The upper of the boot is made of a solid piece of leather thicker than bacon. This shaft is thick but with a little hand manipulation and walking around it eventually breaks in to smooth buttery goodness, but it is a thick upper. Which is why I like it. The sole on these bitches are damn near slip-proof. I don't ride a motorcycle without a vibram-soled shoe anymore because of this awesome mini-lug vibram beauty. When I re-sole these badboys I am going to get the large lug design to make these even more monstrous. Another reason I bought these, because you can re-sole them for 60-80 dollars with a vibram sole and heel at your local cobbler. The real world non slipping is another reason I hardly leave home without a Chippewa if I am riding.

Now onto the looks and comments I get on these. Granted I wear my jeans tucked into my boot, but I get comments from the women that say they are sexy or good looking hot boots and from the guys they tell me they are kick ass or that I look like I could kick someones ass in these. Great, great great.

These once broken in are my staple, my favorite pair of chippewas. I own 3 pair now though, so I will never be without Chippewa on the street riding my mean streak. I would buy these again and recommend them to true bikers and weekend warriors alike. You buy these boots for life. Sure they scratch up, after years of use, but I just use baseball glove conditioner and they look polished again.

3.0 out of 5 stars BULKY, April 19, 2013
PENJO (PENNSYLVANIA, USA) - See all my reviews
What I received was somewhat different than the photos published. The pair I received was bulky on top (Kind of like a dome). As far as fitting I think they are true to the size but the design and appearance differ. I think that sole takes away from their quality and appearance. In photo Ok. In reality No so Ok! I found them to be to curved up from the mid foot to the front. This made them feel somewhat uncomfortable when I tried them. Otherwise, I would have kept them. In all fairness to Chippewa, I must add that this fluke with this pair was just a simple occurrence. I own other pairs of Chippewa boots (Motorcycling boots) and they are terrific. I would attempt Chippewa again despite this particular occurrence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look great. Fit well. And comfortable to boot., August 10, 2013
My boyfriend purchased these for me; since I'm the one wearing these boots, it only seems appropriate that I pen the review. Right? Right.
I love these boots. I'd expected a break-in period before they'd be comfortable, but in my case they were extremely comfortable right from the get-go. This may or may not be the case for others.
I'd also been a little leery about the size before I got them. I wear a women's 7-1/2 or 8 (depending on the style of shoe), so I'd feared that the 6D US that he'd ordered would be a little too roomy, but it wasn't the case.
I'd highly recommend these. I love them and look forward to wearing them for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comfortable boots!, July 24, 2014
These are my second pair. My last pair lasted 10 years, and they would still be going strong if I did a small repair. But, I think 10 years is enough for any pair of boots. The Chippewa is recommended, both for MC riding and casual wear. They are made with attention and very good materials, just great, and very comfortable. No hard "break in" either, just ready to go. My "best" MC boots are still the Wesco Boss (16"), and the Chippewa is a clear no 2. But,....the Wesco is no casual wear boots, so there you go. Chippewa is highly recommended! Rgds Torbjorn (Lillestrom - Norway).

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome boots, May 12, 2007
These have become my favorite, and most often weekend boot.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks so bad., June 25, 2014
It's the worst shopping at Amazon.com.
These boots has different width for each.
Right sole is much wider than the other.
And leather surface is crumpled but it is only on the left one.
So these boots dosent look like a pair.
I m very disappointed at Chippewa at this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these boots, November 14, 2013
I wear them almost every day. Makes me almost two inches taller! They are holding up well, too. Break in period was fast and I get a lot of compliments on them. I did add some dr. scholls heel cups to make them a bit more comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality roomy boots, November 11, 2013
JP (Dripping Springs, Texas) - See all my reviews
Based on some other reviews I was a bit worried that these might be too narrow or tight over the foot, but these D width boots are very roomy. They did not have my usual size so I order half a size larger, had I known that they are true to the size and not small that some reviewers claim, I would have ordered half a size smaller than my regular size, but these work well. I can wear a thick winter sock and still have room to move. I have owned several boots of this design by other manufacturers, and these are by far the most comfortable. They are also the first boots I have owned where I have lots of room when putting them on and taking them off. My only complaint would be that the insole is a bit hard, I would have prefered the foam type my old boots have, but some insoles should take care of that issue.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›