5.0 out of 5 stars Simply, a great pair a boots., September 19, 2014
This review is from: Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Insulated Boot (Apparel)
I have been an electrician in the construction industry for about ten years and have worn this particular style of Chippewas since year one. This is the third pair I have purchased in that time frame if that tells you anything about their durability - they certainly hold up well, and I put them through a lot. Concrete, ditches, you name it.
I will say that they are quite heavy; if you are used to a pair of hiking boots then this pair may take a little getting used to. They also take a bit longer than average to break in - again, heavy duty, highly durable materials. But they are definitely a great pair of boots. They are comfortable to work in all day, the logger style heel really helps with my standing and walking posture and alleviates lower back pain. The insulation is enough to make them warm in the winter but not hot and sweaty in the summer. Steel or safety toe is a requirement for almost all job sites now, and I've heard people complain that steel toe boots can freeze your toes in the winter - not the case with these. All the stitching is of great quality and I've never had any issues with that. And the flashy "made in USA" flag is always a winner on a job site, especially when there are union employees involved.
Overall, I feel that these boots will meet or exceed pretty much anyone's expectations. Don't let the price tag turn you away, you'd probably pay just as much or more if you have to keep replacing those crappy boots you've been buying every 6-9 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best boots I ever bought, August 18, 2010
These are the best boots I have ever bought. I also love the fact that they are made in the USA. I would buy another pair tomorrow. I was just really sick of spending money on boots to only have them last six months or less. I work in construction and have tried alot of different kinds of boots, but I have never had a pair that I was this satisfied with before now. I would recommend them highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rule the Earth, September 26, 2014
G. Tinius "Green Acres" (Northern Virginia Countryside) - See all my reviews
Chippewa boots are all excellent, but this particular model absolutely rules the earth. They are big, thick, warm, heavy, almost indestructible, but also fantastically comfortable. The rich brown briar oiled leather looks better and doesn't scuff as easily as the bay apache—if you don't wear these doing construction every day, they stay looking great. I own 15 different pairs (yes 15) of Chippewa work/logger boots and this is the one I would recommend first. If you need one big, strong boot, spend the money. They're worth every penny. I'm saving these for winter time; the unlined and uninsulated boots are a little better suited to summer heat. (All the hooey in the reviews about Made in USA is exactly that. The difference in the quality of Chippewa's various boots depends on the model design and price, not the factory's location. These happen to be made in the American factory. If that's meaningful to you, so much the better.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome boots but product description is misleading., August 19, 2014
Chippewa boots are arguably among the best in the market. They are true to what they claim, i.e., comfort, durability, aesthetic look, value, etc. However, the information on the super logger boots that I recently purchased was insufficient (if not misleading by way of omission). It did not say that it was steel toe type. There were actually two chippewa 25240 models that were advertised. One explicitly stated that it was steel toe while the model I chose had no such description. Obviously, this difference was the basis of my choice as I would be using it more for walking than working. Besides, I had a terrible experience with a steel toe boots which explains my current aversion of this type. Luckily, after breaking my new chipppewa boots, my worse fear didn't happen. The boots is really awesome. This is now my second chippewa boots!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice Boots, March 10, 2014
Its been about 6 months now through a New England fall and winter as a Land Surveyor and these boots are holding up fine. They are very comfortable and very water proof. I was on the fence about spending the money, but am glad I did. They are great boots. These Top of the Line Chippewa's were worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best boots, August 17, 2012
Chippewa boots have come through again. These are my 3rd pair. The 1st 2 were the china made ones and lasted me just under a year each but you can tell with these that they are of a much better quality. They have already proved to me that they will hold up along time. They keep my feet dry. Even in the summer months they aren't making my feet sweat, which for a boot like the supper logger is a plus. They do take a few days to break in so be prepared for them to hurt or the first week. But after that they feel like slippers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Chippewa Model 25420's, August 15, 2014
Love my Chippewa Model 25420's. This is my 4th pair in 10 years. And they get hard use. I literally wear them 5 days a week for doing my landscaping work and then on weekends because they're so comfortable and also for hunting in fair weather.