Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Flavor: Gooey Chocofudge|Size: 10 Ounce, Pack of 4|Change
Price:$19.96+ Free shipping

on August 7, 2013
These things are ADDICTING! The package makes them appear larger than they really are, though - they are just small cookies STUFFED with soft, chocolatey brownies. They're incredible in milk.

Not recommended for people with self-control issues - at 80 calories a cookie, you might regret it later.

I must admit, the price listed here is very high. I bought one package at Stop and Shop for $2.99 regular price.. $5+ is way too unreasonable.
on August 5, 2014
Disappointed. Unfortunately I didn't realize that these were the chewy version of Chips Ahoy. I looked at the photo, and it shows the original version in the blue package so I didn't even pay attention to the description. That was my fault. I'm not a huge fan of the chewy cookies, but when I'm craving a softer chocolate chip cookie (and being too lazy to make them myself lol) I don't mind Chewy Chips Ahoy as my go to.

Having said that, I have to say that this cookie was a disappointment. Not sure if its the recipe or if my cookies just weren't that fresh, but they were kinda dry and waxy feeling instead of chewy. Furthermore, the peanut butter tasted old and not very peanut buttery to be honest. NOTHING like any Reese's peanut butter cup I've ever had, so I'm not even sure that that is what was truly used in this version of Chewy Chips Ahoy. I tasted one of the peanut butter cup 'chips' and it didn't taste like Reese's at all to me.

Not wanting to give up completely on this cookie (I had a craving and had hoped these would sate it) I tried heating the cookies up for a few seconds in the microwave to see if that would soften them up enough to be worth trying, but the only thing that changed is that they didn't seem so waxy. The taste was still unpleasant. But my godchildren seemed to enjoy them, with a glass of cold milk, so it wasn't a complete loss. But I wouldn't bother buying them again.
I had tried these when they first came out and found them to be a nice mix between Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter cookie. They are crisp and good for dunking but not hard. So I felt that they would be a nice treat to send in my boyfriend's care package. They did turn out to be a big hit. I would definitely recommend these Chip Ahoy Reeses Cookies to other chocolate peanut butter lovers out there.
VINE VOICEon July 8, 2011
When I think of chocolate chip cookies two brands come to mind, Toll House and Chips Ahoy. Now Chips Ahoy has been around for quite some time and over the years they have come out with many variations of their cookies, from the classic style to cookies with nuts, oatmeal, reduced fat and candy bits, just to list a few.

This deviation is "chewy gooey chocofudge" which is a soft style cookie with a fudge center. So to simplify even further, there is a soft/chewy chocolate chip cookie surrounding a fudgy center. I would have thought I would have liked this cookie more than I did. I mean a chocolate chip cookie with a fudge center, how could that be bad? Allow me to explain....

I think that the combination of chewy cookie and fudge is too much. I almost wished the cookie was traditional; it would balance the fudge better. The fudge itself is almost more like cake icing, very concentrated. Not to mention that all the fudge took away from the chocolate chips. The final issue, perhaps the most unnerving, is there is a bizarre aftertaste. It is almost like I can taste the preservatives in this product. If a person is a hard core chocolate junkie I think this product is a grand slam. I prefer the old school Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookie. However, capitalism will tell if this "spin" on a classic will stay on the shelves or not. Who knows, perhaps we will see chocolate covered chocolate chip cookies next.
VINE VOICEon June 23, 2011
Anyone who loves chocolate would like these cookies.
They're chewy, gooey and delicious!
Thanks Amazon for letting us try them.
We like them too much.
on October 11, 2014
I read the reviews before buying this and felt like I should try it, then when I saw the package I was really pleased. The taste is great and if you store them in the fridge, it preserves the freshness.
When I found Chips Ahoy! new Ice Cream Creation cookies, I had to give them a try, so I immediately bought all three of the flavors I was interested in. While I quite like two of them, I have been very disappointed with the Dulce de Leche Cookies cookies.

Now keep in mind that I love caramel. I can't get enough, and I actually think I prefer a caramel sundae to a chocolate sundae (although it is a close contest). So I opened the package of these cookies fully expecting to enjoy them.

I will admit I was a little put off at first when I realized these weren't chewy cookies but crunchy cookies. But that was only a momentary issue as I bit down and let the cookie slide into my mouth.

However, I quickly discovered that these have the barest hint of caramel, and that is all. I can see plenty of caramel chips in the cookies, but they must not have had a strong flavor because they are rather bland. There are white chips in the cookies, and I still can't tell if they are supposed to be vanilla chips (my first guess) or white chocolate. And the cookies themselves? They are pretty much your basic cookie flavor. They'd be perfect for highlighting the caramel taste - if it were there. But it isn't there.

Now these cookies aren't a complete loss. They do taste sweet and certainly don't taste bad. However, compared to other cookies I buy, the flavor is just okay.

And since they are cookies, they aren't healthy. Two cookies contain 160 calories, half of them from fat and provide no nutrients at all. And the ingredients, with lots of flour, oil, and sugar, back that up.

Would I be opposed to eating these again? No. But there are so many better cookies out there that there's really no reason to settle for the bland Dulce de Leche Cookies taste.
VINE VOICEon September 25, 2011
When got this product, I was looking forward to a real taste treat. A nice soft cookie with a gooey fudge center, what could go wrong? When I tried these cookies, I have to say that I was far from impressed.

When I received my package of cookies, it was a hot day and the package had been sitting outside for awhile. I opened the pack of cookies right away and took a bite. The fudge was gooey all right. It might have been a decent cookie except for the fact the cookie part crumbled in my hand with the first bite. This led to my hands getting covered in gooey fudge that made quite a mess. All I can say is I am glad my 3 young kids didn't get into the cookies first.

I left the cookies inside in the air conditioning for a few hours and decided to have one after dinner. Much to my surprise, the fudge drastically changed texture. It was no longer gooey, but now it was more of a spongy, solid texture. There was still some "gooeyness" to them, but nothing like what it shows on the package.

When it comes to taste, the only analogy I can think of is with chocolate. You know those chocolates that come out on every holiday that people buy for the kids that is real cheap chocolate? The chocolate is cheap, gritty, and kind of has an unnatural taste to it. These cookies are kind of like that. The cookie is not bad, but for some reason the taste just does not work. The only thing that pops into my mind is that cheap chocolate. The taste just does not seem right. It did not taste like a decent chocolaty treat, they tasted artificial and cheap. In my opinion, when the cookies were warm when I first tried them, they tasted better than when they were room temperature. In the case of my family, these cookies got pushed to the back of the pantry and not even half a pack was eaten before they got tossed.

I think the idea of product was great, but I think the execution was poor (kind of like the McDonald's McDLT for those who remember them, the sandwich where the hot side stayed hot, the cold side stayed cold, you put them together and you get a lukewarm sandwich). The cookie was way too soft and crumbly, the fudge was not very gooey at room temperature, and the product did not have a good chocolaty flavor to it. At the very least, a cookie that stayed together and did not make a mess would be a huge improvement.

If you are a chocoholic, this product might be worth a try. If you are looking for a sweet treat to savor the taste of, then I would definitely recommend steering clear of this cookie.
VINE VOICEon June 27, 2011
I love chocolate chip cookies. I love Chips Ahoy! chocolate chip cookies. So, CHIPS AHOY! CHEWY GOOEY CHOCOFUDGE chocolate chip cookies should be just about perfect, right?

WRONG!!! CHIPS AHOY! CHEWY GOOEY CHOCOFUDGE chocolate chip cookies truly could not be more disgusting. The cookie is mushy not chewy, the taste is like cardboard, and the chocolate fudge smells and tastes medicinal. They are not at all sweet. They are tiny, highly caloric, and have a strong, weird aftertaste.

I've offered samples of CHIPS AHOY! CHEWY GOOEY CHOCOFUDGE chocolate chip cookies to just about everyone who has entered my house in the past few days, just to see if it was me or if it was really the cookies. It really IS the cookies. My family (husband and kids ages 6 and 14) were not impressed. Friends and neighbors were equally disappointed. The best thing my kids said about CHIPS AHOY! CHEWY GOOEY CHOCOFUDGE chocolate chip cookies was that they tasted like Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Cereal Bars. Now, that may very well be, but I ask you: who wants their chocolate chip cookies to taste like dry, low cal cereal bars? Not me, that's for sure!

It is possible that the packaging and shipment may have contributed to the disastrous taste and texture of these CHIPS AHOY! CHEWY GOOEY CHOCOFUDGE chocolate chip cookies. These cookies were shipped to me, cross country in 100 degree weather. They sat in my broiling mailbox for most of the afternoon. But, come on, if you are going to offer a product that you ship nationwide or worldwide, then it needs to be able to stand up to any and all possible conditions. Hey, Nabisco, you need to seriously rethink this product. NOT RECOMMENDED.
1111 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 23, 2011
I was very interested in what Chips Ahoy! would do with a soft cookie and these do not disappoint. Like most soft cookies, they use a lot of brown sugar (or at least it tastes like brown sugar) in the flavoring to keep them soft. As I understand it, there is a variation in taste bud which causes some people to taste this type of flavor as very bitter and objectionable - luckily I'm not in that group but if you have had that experience with soft cookies this might not be a great purchase for you. The chocolate flavor is very bittersweet, which I like as well. For me, the resealable package is a blessing and a curse - it works so well that I find myself returning for more and more cookies whereas a more challenging-to-open container might serve to slow down my vacuum-like consumption.

All in all, this is a recommended product for those that like soft cookies with bittersweet chocolate. I actually prefer the original Chips Ahoy!, however.