5.0 out of 5 stars Chiropractic Is Simple !
Recently I became a patient at a chiropractor's office and upon the conclusion of my first visit the doctor handed me a book entitled, "Chiropractic Made Simple." Later that same day when I returned home I began and eventually finished reading the entire book. I was surprised how simple and logical the chiropractic approach to healthcare was.
I immediately...
Published on February 24, 2003 by Henry

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very helpful
Let me start off by saying that I think that many Chiropractors are competent and qualified musculoskeletal specialists that are able to use techniques to help many people. But after saying that...

Published on January 26, 2007 by Frater I

5.0 out of 5 stars Chiropractic Is Simple !, February 24, 2003
This review is from: Chiropractic Made Simple (Paperback)
I immediately decided to let my sister read this book in the hope that she would consider getting her family under chiropractic care. This book has been written clearly and is easy for the average person to understand. I hope others have the chance to read this book as well. Chiropractic really is simple!

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to Embrace Nature...A Good Place to Begin!, November 30, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Chiropractic Made Simple (Paperback)
"Chiropractic Made Simple" is a great book that examines the subluxation philosophy of chiropractic healthcare. The author's theme that a doctor's ability to work with the laws of nature and not against them in order to best help patients is a very logical point. The author makes reference throughout the text that current allopathic objectives are out dated or obsolete.
I totally enjoyed this book and would encourage others to read it as well. Embracing the laws of nature is always a good place to begin when tackling health related issues.
...

5.0 out of 5 stars A Standard For The Chiropractic Profession, June 29, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Chiropractic Made Simple (Paperback)
Dr. Reizer's book, "Chiropractic Made Simple" tells it like it is. The author doesn't dance around the many sensitive issues which surround the chiropractic profession. He dives right into the controversial items and gives laypersons an opportunity to learn the truth about chiropractic philosophy. Very few authors have the courage to write about many of the topics covered in this text. Some will be shocked when they read this book while others will be "turned off" by the author's claims that allopathic medicine has conspired through the years to eliminate chiropractic from the healthcare market.
This is an excellent book written by a doctor who has a vision of a very different picture when it comes to healthcare for people in the world. "Chiropractic Made Simple" encourages its readers to perform their own research projects about health related topics. It also encourages people not to rely exclusively on traditional news sources for information about their own health.
In addition, this book serves as an exceptional introduction to subluxation-centered chiropractic for both prospective chiropractic students and patients. Many of the philosophical components which are often difficult for new students and patients to grasp are simplified throughout the book. The author obviously has an extensive background in chiropractic philosophy and his unique writing style permits the novice to be able to gain valuable insight about these important concepts.
I recommend this book to any person who would like to learn about the true benefits of being under chiropractic care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chiropractic Made Simple: Working With the Controlling Laws of Nature, January 11, 2007
This review is from: Chiropractic Made Simple (Paperback)
Like a fresh breeze of truth blowing away the fog of the "medical experts".

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very helpful, January 26, 2007
Frater I (IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chiropractic Made Simple (Paperback)

The title of this book should be "STRAIGHT Chiropractic Made Simple, and Some General Ranting". The author attended the Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic, so its only obvious he would be a straight chiropractor (those who don't know the difference between styles of chiropractic can check them out on wikipedia).

While this book had the potential to be a straight's discription of his trade and the theories behind it, very little of those pages are actually devoted to it. There is some mention of sublaxation and some info about how adjustment works and so forth. There is even a nifty part about how to go about choosing a chiropractor including a handy form to fill out information about your DC to help you pick one. Unfortunately that's where the usefullness ends.

The majority of this book focuses on the author's war with the AMA. While I believe that there is some truth to the claims that the AMA has been trying to subdue chiropractic to an extent, the author continually makes claims that allopaths (MDs) are conspiring to keep the world sick so they can continually profit from disease. (the author -apparently for maximum irony- also then describes how you should get a spinal adjustment regularly for the rest of your life and that you're being selfish if you think its too expensive.

He rants against vaccinating your children, and comments that being unable to move your fingers from arthritis is actually good for you. He condemns any chiropractors who want to work alongside medical physicians saying that they're helping the AMA destroy all that is sacred in Chiropractic.

While I was really hoping I would have some good things to say about this book, I cannot. The majority of it is written in a style that is subpar for someone with a doctorate. And the book goes from being what I thought would be an introduction to his trade, and descends into a tirade of fanciful claims about those who have wronged him and his trade (both real and imaginary). It is frankly no wonder this book was self-published.

Again, I like Chiropractors, just not this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Book Of Crap, December 20, 2006
This review is from: Chiropractic Made Simple (Paperback)
Anyone who feels the need to tear down a profession in an effort to elevate their own's has a problem. This book does not highlight the good things about chiropractic; it only downgrades allopathic medicine. I read this book in an effort to understand more about chiropractic and what I received was one man's rant on a subject that he knows very little about.

Chiropractic Made Simple
Chiropractic Made Simple by John Reizer (Paperback - November 5, 2002)
$15.95 $11.68