Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 14, 2006
Same "truffles" that Trader Joe's and Whole Foods sell for $3-$6.
44 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2006
I've had MANY different types, including Godiva, belgian stuff, etc. and these are really the only ones that I like. I don't know what it is, but these are AMAZING! Just the right consistency, not too sugary, not too bitter, very rich, not quite like fudge, but not crumbly, either. Great stuff! You might want to check out Costco, who also carries this stuff.
on January 18, 2007
They charged me $10.00 for shipping and handling. I figured, okay, it is in a temperature secure package and they rush it because it is perishable, but no, it came in a regular box, and it was sent out before a holiday weekend, so it spent extra time floating around. Once it arrived it was not 'individualy wrapped', but two large bags in one box. The main ingredient if vegetable shortening and the flavor and texture is about the same as frosting off the baking shelves at my grocery store. Waste of time and money, but if you aren't picky the flavor is okay.
33 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2006
Absolutely delicious, rich, cocoa-coated chocolate drops. Smooth texture, devine flavor, melt-in-your-mouth good! These are a great bargain at 2 lbs. There are 2 foil bags in the box and they last well. There's no comparison to ordinary chocolate. Just superb!
on February 17, 2011
I thought these were the same as I purchased at Christmas time from Costco. I purchased these for Valentine's Day and they are just awful - they taste like cocoa covered lard. Don't care what the price is - I'd rather have a delicious taste like the ones from Costco (they don't have them anymore). I don't know how anybody can say these taste delicious !! They have no taste at all.
on February 24, 2006
I was introduced to this product at a Christmas party. A local beverage distributor brought a selection of wines for party guests to sample. He also brought a box of these chocolates for us to eat with the port wine he served after dinner. I was very impressed and had to find some of these chocolates to share with my guests. These chocolates have a rich chocolate flavor that makes other chocolate seem tasteless. I don't recommend eating the whole box at a sitting, but eating one or two with a glass of fine port wine puts a wonderful finish on any special occassion.
on January 31, 2006
I frist tried this chocolate as a gift, finished the 1kg (2 lb) in 2 days. Went back to the person and asked for more. That's how good it is. It literarly MELT in your mouth. Sweet but not annoying, not ever after taking 50 at a time! Must try.
on January 29, 2015
I bought a box of Kirkland Truffles by Truffettes just before Christmas. They were 70% chocolate and absolutely wonderful. I gave them out as gifts to my neighbors. Everyone raved about them. I bought thinking I was getting the same thing. After all, the list of ingredients noted in the description and pictures was the same as the delicious truffles I bought from Costco. Same maker. Box was slightly different, but no big deal there.

Look at the list of ingredients on the box that arrived here. Where the list of ingredients in the product description clearly shows chocolate being the first ingredient, this list of ingredients has vegetable oil - sugar - then low-fat cocoa. And believe me, they don't taste anything like the truffles I bought at Costco. The price was also about $4 higher on Amazon than Costco. Very, very disappointed!
review image
on December 13, 2006
These truffles are so cheep and taste delicious. Better than some Godiva pieces. The insides are not overly rich and have the perfect creamy texture that melts away in the mouth. You can find these in Trader Joe Stores as well.
on January 28, 2015
These are NOT the truffles in the picture! The first ingredient listed on the box I received is vegetable oil! And you can tell, they taste oily, not good. These are not chocolate, they are chocolate flavored oil blobs. I am very disappointed and thinking of sending them back.
review image