Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 7, 2003
First of all if you're going to review the album and say nonsense like " I think Afro American's are supporting him as a corner stone of hope! I am Afro american and I listen so many different types of music that R Kelly can be easily forgotten"
or ....
"if it wasnt for the song Ignition remix .i would have rated this album a zero" .
How about if you say something weak like....
"if this album was considered a comedy record, i would give it 5 stars"
Not forgetting this [stuff] ... And if you think Igniton is the only hit on that CD then you probably haven't listened to real R'n'B. I suggest you stick to Britney Spears.
Back to the TOPIC at hand.
This is an amazing piece of work. The definition of a true R'n'B artist is one who can take it back in the day to when our parents were doing their thang and bring it to the new age of hip hop and R'n'B all in one album. R Kelly fits that description. No other artist does it the way he does and Chocolate Factory is the evidence.I love all the songs because they have their different qualities. None of them are the same (with the exception of Step In The Name...). Right now my song is the remix to Step In The Name of Love.
My advice is to all the haters is that if you have the ear to hear good music then use it. If your ear is somehow designed to censor off stuff like The Pied Piper then you might as well go deaf.
on February 24, 2003
R. KELLY- CHOCOLATE FACTORY
Ok let's get this out the way. I have an R. Kelly bias. Dude is the best R&B talent we've experienced since Babyface. Unchallenged in the biz. That being said I never compare his projects to others out right now. It's not fair because his talents surpass them immensely. So I compare it to his previous works. Once again that being said "Chocolate Factory" is his best CD ever. That's right I said it. Better than 12 Play. While 12 Play is his all time classic this CD shows his talents more than any other ever has. The limited edition double CD is also one of the best original(not greatest hits) double CD's in the last 15 years. He mixed in some cuts from his previous unreleased CD "LoveLand" and came out with a remarkable product. This CD has so many soul music influences it's not even funny. A review will not do this project justice but I'll make a definite attempt. I have a comment about all 23 cuts..
Track 1- Chocolate Factory- Nice typical Rrah track. Nice midtempo beat and lyrically comparing his woman to "candy"
Track 2- Step In The Name of Love- This song is one from the "Loveland" project. Nice mellow beat that plays on the Chicago "Step" craze. Great 70's song. He shows some serious versatility here. I love the dance "instructions" at the end.
Track 3- Heart Of A Woman- Greatness! A dedication to women and their long suffering. These songs are R Kelly at his best. Great lyrics. This is the first of several good slow jams on this CD. W O M A N!
Track 4- I'll Never Leave- Three words women love to hear. Another good slow jam. The breakdown is great on this song.
Track 5- Been Around The World- This song features Ja Rule and actually is pretty good. Kinda like a part 2 to "I Wish". Ja is not much of a factor to the track, which is a good thing. The Rrah lyrical arrangement is great though.
Track 6- You Made Me Love You- Straight Blues cut! Not depressing blues but the Lattimore, BB King, Little Milton electric guitar blues! I can see my grandmother rockin her head to this cut right now. Unbelievable versatility.
Track 7- Forever- Another "LoveLand" highlight. He changed it up a lil bit but it's still greatness. This is the wedding song of the year. I guarantee you'll hear this cut at some "ghetto fab" weddings. Once again great lyrical arrangement.
Track 8- Dream Girl- Nice lil track..Very soft..Has a Michael Jackson "Off Da Wall" music feel.
Track 9- Ignition- First single. We all know this cut and how hard it goes. Rrah always gets back to his "You Remind Me" roots.
Track 10- Ignition Remix- Typical R. Kelly where the remix is better than the original. Goes hard in da club!
Track 11- Forever More- Man! Greatness..Beautiful Slow jam cut! Lyrically I was really diggin this. Pretty much talkin about his wife's effect on his life. Classic.
Track 12- You Knock Me Out- If you didn't know better you'd think this Marvin Gaye. Great song that reminds you of an upbeat "Dance With Me" from Marvin Gaye. The piano riff is greatness.
Track 13- Step In The Name Of Love Remix- See Track 2. This is the extended version for the steppers in the Club. Nice twist also.
Track 14- Imagine That- Hmmm..Imagine R.Kelly meets Prince. ON FIRE! Unbelievable slow jam. The guitar solo is amazing and this song closes on some "Scandalous" type schiznit. It goes from a produced track to a "live" feel. Greatness..
Track 15- Hmm.. Imagine R. Kelly meets Quentin Tarrentino..I ain't lyin..This is a well produced installment of the Mr. Bigg series. The best Mr. Bigg song of them all and the most shocking song on the CD. It's like a short movie. Unbelievable. The video for this one is gonna be a classic.
Track 16- Snake- R Kelly meets Sean Paul and Beanie Man. Great reggae dance cut! Infectious!
Track 17- Apologies Of A Thug- Feature Fat Joe..Typical Rrah "Fiesta" cut......
This CD is greatness. But as Guy says "Over? Party Not over!" In comes the 2nd CD. It has 6 cuts.
Track 1-LoveLand- This song wasn't on the "original" Loveland bootleg. That's unfortunate. This is some old 80's Maze, Billy Ocean type cut. Very smoooooooooooth! Man I'm bumpin this one alot. Man I can see my parents playin cards to this cut!
Track 2- What Do I Do- Man it they just keep coming! Nice mellow cut. This song requires A nice glass of wine and a candle! Talkin about this chick he sees that he falls in love with instantly but he already has woman. Great song. It took me several listens to vibe what he was tryin to say here.
Track 3- Heaven I Need A Hug- Don't know if this song got nationwide play but essentially it's his reply to his legal problems. Very insightful song. They say all of the greats have sever emotional issues. This dude is no exception. He definitely has issues
Track 4- The Worlds Greatest. From the Ali soundtrack in the mold of "I Believe I Can Fly"..
Track 5- Far More- Here we go again..This is like some 60's Chi Lites, do wop jam! Break out the powder blue tuxedos with the shiny lapels. He went wayyyyyyy back with this one..From the original LoveLand disc. Great track
Track 6- Raindrops- Soft baby makin cut. Brian Mcknight ish. Great cut. Great rain sound effect.
It doesn't get better than this. I like every cut on this CD. Well I could do without "The World's Greatest" but it serves it's purpose. No one else could do this CD. His best ever.
on March 2, 2003
When i heard this CD was going to be release i already had in my mind i was going to get this CD despite all the legal trouble that Mr. Kelly is having as of lately. A huge fan of his music since his debut Born In The 90's. Mr. Kelly returns with his most personal and his most complete album of his career. Despite his problems of late he went in to the studio and created an album that his fans will simply love.
Chocolate Factory concentrates more on romance rather than the explicit sexual overtones that his previous albums even though Chocolate Factory has it share of Mr. Kelly returning to his 12 Play , TP-2 form on such tracks as the hit single " Ignition " and " Ignition remix, " Imagine That".. Chocolate Factory also show his other musicial influences on such tracks as Step In The Name Of Love , You Knock Me Out both tracks have heavy Marvin Gaye influences. One of my favorite tracks on the CD You Made Me Love Ya which borrows the guitar riff of Al Green's Classic Love and Happiness the song certainly have an old school soul feel to it.
Love Land Bonus CD after one listen to this 6 track CD it makes you want to hear more of what was suppose to have been his follow up to TP-2. Some of his most sincere soulful work can be found on this disc . That is no more evident than on the track " Heaven I Need A Hug" finds Mr. Kelly trying to find peace with himself as well addressing the media , family, friends, fans about his fans concerning his recent troubles. The song is very sincere.
Tony's Top 5 Favorite Songs
1 " Heart Of A Woman"
2 " I"ll Never Leave"
3. " You Made Me Love You"
4. " Ignition (remix)"
5. " The Showdown"
Loveland Bonus Disc Top 3 Favorite Songs
1. LoveLand
2. Heaven I Need A Hug
3. Raindrops
So if you looking for a CD that has a feel good vibe, very romantic, soulful i highly recommend " Chocolate Factory" you will simply love it. Robert, keep your head up i will keep you in my prayers.
on March 12, 2003
Chocolate Factory is a great album. The best songs on this cd is Heart of the Woman,Ignition(remix),Showdown-feat.Ron Isley.This cd is a tight cd but only one problem,the cd is edited in some parts.I got the only version I saw availiable.I know Kelly is going through personal trials and the record companies might be a little afraid of releasing something that might offend someone.Kelly work should have been released unedited or have a choice like the rest of the entertainment world.I hate songs with gaps in it but ican get over that because it is a strong cd and if you are a true R.Kelly fan a true fan of REAL fan r&b you will buy this cd.
on February 24, 2003
R. KELLY- CHOCOLATE FACTORY
Track 17- Apologies Of A Thug- Feature Fat Joe..Typical Rrah "Fiesta" cut......
on February 18, 2003
R.Kelly's new album "Chocolate Factory" is an extraordinary piece of work. I have been a huge fan of his music since through his early projects in the 90's. Even though, he is going through alot of trials and tribulations, he maintains to keep his head up and bless us with good music. Songs that truly stand out on this album are "HEART OF A WOMAN","DREAM GIRL", STEP IN THE NAME OF LOVE(REMIX AS WELL AS THE REGULAR VERSION), IGNITION(REMIX AS WELL AS THE REGULAR VERSION),SHOWDOWN w/ MR.Biggs, I'LL NEVER LEAVE. Lets just say the ENTIRE ALBUM stands out. This album is great and If you are a fan of R.KELLY's music, this is a collector's item!! R.Kelly, keep blessing us with good music like in the CHOCOLATE FACTORY, the type of music that makes us feel good. You are in my prayers. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. May GOD continue to bless you!
on November 25, 2003
What can I say? I feel bad. Why? Because I like this cd. No matter what I think of him as a person (don't like him), I can't hide the fact that this guy is the best R&B artist of today. Its him who is keeping the memory alive for Marvin G., Teddy P., Curtis M., David R., and so on. The uptempo songs are slamming, especially the one with Fat Joe. And the ballads are beautiful and amazing. The song, "Forever" was played at every wedding I went to this year. I didn't think R.Kelly could outdo himself after TP-2.Com because that cd was simply amazing. But he did with this one.
on February 23, 2003
I've been a longtime fan of R.Kelly's music, and this album didn't disappoint one bit. In fact, if you liked his previous works then you're guaranteed to like his latest work, Chocolate Factory. The structure of this album is similar to this TP-2.com album, and contains a lot of slow-medium cuts. But on a deeper level, this album is a lot more personal.
I've been listening to it for the past week, and I haven't had to hit the fast forward button yet.
Standout cuts are hard to choose. Hard to pick favorites. But if I had to choose: "Ignition" and its remix, "heart of a woman", "I'll never leave", "been around the world", "you made me love you", "forever", "forever more", "dream girl", "imagine that", "showdown", and "step in the name of love" and its remix.
The bonus CD contains the cuts "heaven I need a hug" and "world's greatest".
Despite all the drama surrounding his life right now, R.Kelly just keeps making better and better music. 24 heavenly tracks. This one will be a classic!
on April 12, 2003
For all you wondering if this album is good one or not, "CHOCOLATE FACTORY" IS DEFINITIVE THE BEST ALBUM OF YEAR. Second, R.Kelly is still the best R&B Singer, Performer, Producer, Songwriter, Arranger, Remixer and Multi-Instrumentalist of all Time. PEOPLE GET OVER IT. ALL OF HIS ALBUMS ARE GREAT CLASSICS, BUT SAYING THAT "12 PLAY" IS BETTER THAN THIS ONE OR "TP-2.COM",THE BEST R&B ALBUM EVER MADE, IS ABSURD. IT APPEARS THAT SOME PEOPLE HAD THEIR MINDS 10 YEARS FROM NOW. ALL OF YOU, HATERS JUST THINK, THIS IS ANOTHER DECADE, THIS IS ANOTHER TIMES, WE ARE IN 2003 GET IT.
AS FOR THE ALBUM GOES ALL OF THE SONGS ARE WONDERFUL. MY ONLY COMPLAIN HERE IS THAT HE DOESN`T PUT A GOSPEL, "A LA R.KELLY",IN THE LAST TRACK. Maybe the Song "LEAP OF FAITH", from the "LOVELAND" Album, would be a Perfect One. But Get this one is a NO DOUBT CLASSIC,is very well produced.
Get 2 Copies of it.
on March 10, 2003
...R Kelly is a genius. Have you ever been hooked on an artist and their whole style, only for them to come out w/a cd that has none of their previous flare on it? This is one thing that Kelly has mastered. All of his albums have a certain vibe to it, but at the same time he gets better, better, and better. He gives you something to dance to, ("Remix of Ignition"). He always gives a little something extra for the ladies. On previous albums it's been "When a Woman's Fed Up", and "Womans Threat". On this one its "The Heart of a Woman". He is truly this generations Marvin Gaye. When I heard "You Knock Me Out", I had to do a double take and make sure I had Kelly's cd in and not Marvins. R Kelly gives you a little of everything, always has and I believe always will. Despite the situation he may be going through right now, you can't take away from his talent as a musician. Any man that can write all of his songs, (with the wide range from "Bump-N-Grind", to "I Can't Sleep Baby" to "Half on a Baby" to "I Believe I Can Fly" to "Greatest Sex")and turn around and write "You Are Not Alone" by M.J. and "Fortunate" by Maxwell, has me as a fan for life.