5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate, Chocolate, and More.
First off, I don't usual spend time to write product reviews, but I felt obligated to in this case. Despite the few negative reviews I had seen, and the low expectations that ensued, I found myself pretty pleasantly surprised when I received this gift basket earlier today.

Published on December 6, 2011 by Joe

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe Chocolate... Maybe Coffee
It is hard to write a review for an item sent as a gift to someone else. It seems that when you order this you may receive the Chocolate, but you may instead receive the Coffee Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U, as my gift recipient did. Thankfully she loves coffee, so it was not a total bomb, but her packing list DID say Chocolate AND I wanted to send Chocolate.
Published 24 months ago by T. Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate, Chocolate, and More., December 6, 2011
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)

The packaging itself is solid. You get a dark-chocolate colored basket with just enough plastic wrapping to keep everything in pristine shape without being a hassle to open. There were no signs of re-purposed Jello boxes -- only a dense amount of straw lining the bottom to serve as a cushion. I thought it was a very nice touch.

Now for the part that actually matters: The candy. You get a pretty well organized assortment of chocolate-themed products, varying from chocolate covered peanuts and raisins, to peanut butter cups and and marshmallow cups, and yes, there's even a few pieces of individually-wrapped dark and milk chocolate for the diehard choco-holic. This variation is well balanced so your tastebuds don't feel tired of any one particular confection.

Of course, a couple items featured in this basket probably do have their comparable counterparts in your local grocer. But that's beside the point. You'll be hard pressed to create anything of a similar caliber yourself in terms of presentation and overall packaging.

Executive summary: This basket was made by chocolate lovers, for chocolate lovers. I'd buy it again and most likely will when Christmas rolls around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best packaging I have ever seen!, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
I read the other reviews and had to share my experience. Apparently this company has read earlier reviews and has taken corrective action. While others have said their chocolates arrived melted, my basket was actually chilled. The basket came packaged in a heavy Styrofoam container. This container is shaped similar to a regular cooler, complete with a lid. Inside this cooler was the basket, padded appropriately, with bags of "fake ice" at the bottom to keep the basket cold. I was very impressed. Indeed, this Styrofoam cooler is so nice I'm sure I will find another use for it in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe Chocolate... Maybe Coffee, May 2, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars It’s Pricey for What It Is, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
I bought this for my mother (a chocoholic), and she said it was good, but the portions were very small. The packaging makes it look like there is a lot more chocolate in the basket than there actually is. The weight in total is only 22 ounces, and that includes the cookies, nuts, trail mix, etc. She said the basket is very pretty, and she will be able to use it again because it is very nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, as was gift recipient, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
Very happy with product - shipped to myself to bring to a birthday party. This gift basket arrived on time and in perfect condition. All of the items looked very beautiful and sleek, which made for a great first impression. The recipient loved everything in the box, especially the chocolate truffles. Would purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars looks exactly like the picture and great price, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
got this for my sisters who live in a different state and they took a picture of it and posted it to facebook. my jaw dropped when i saw it was exactly like the picture, b/c now days it seems like gift baskets are rarely as pictured. i asked her how it was and she said it was delicious. i compared a bunch of baskets to this one too and all of them were less ounces for a minimum of $5 more. i would get this again.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Not So Sweet Treat!, November 2, 2011
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love chocolate so I was excited to see the Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by Back Mountain Baskets available in Vine to review. After reading a few other reviews on the strange packaging, I was almost afraid to open it - who knows what I would find. My daughter had a strong chocolate urge so we pulled off the wrappers.

Oh my gosh, it is hard to know what to say. What was this company thinking?

Let's start with the packaging. At first glance the basket looks simple yet classy and attractive and boasting what appears to be an assortment of delectable chocolates. That illusion is lost once you have opened the package. There are paper wrappings around boxes with the product name. But the actual boxes are for common grocery items like jello, fruit loops, flan etc. Can you imagine diving into a box of truffles that say Kenzi on the surface only to find the box below is for jello? A box of jello whose expiration was several years ago. How long does one keep old cereal boxes around, but more importantly, why would you package gift basket chocolate in old jello and cereal boxes?

One of the boxes has a computer generated label that has been cheaply made and taped to it.

So what is in the box? Well in one I pulled out a bag of peanuts that had melted and then solidified in one chunk. In another were small brown things that I believe were supposed to be truffles. There were also some wrapped cheap chocolate such as a chocolate graham cracker.

The entire basket was unappetizing and unappealing. I can't share how the chocolate tastes, because after pulling it out of jello and flan boxes and seeing the melted condition, there was no way I was eating it despite my love for chocolate.

With proper packaging and shipping, there would be a much better result but as it is now, it should not be for sale.

This is definitely not a gift basket you will want to give.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Nov 11, 2011 11:05:11 AM PST
Dear Reviewer:

We are significantly embarrassed to find that the gift basket you received (as described in your review) was a pre-production prototype. You were perhaps the first customer to order from our new line of gift baskets and regret that a prototype rather than a production basket was errantly shipped to you. Please let me assure you that our regular production of gift baskets incorporate professionally produced packaging for all of their items. The mock-up you received was never intended for release to the general public and was created for testing purposes only. We will be shipping you a replacement gift basket that showcases our production packaging elements.

In regard to the melted chocolate, these baskets were unexpectedly staged in a warehouse in the desert Southwest prior to shipping to you. Again, this will not recur now that we are in full production of these products.

Thank you for your understanding.

ig4U Design Team

3.0 out of 5 stars High cost, average product, December 2, 2011
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Gift baskets are never particularly economical but this one is even less of a value than many I have seen. The candy is drug store quality ~ decent but far from impressive. The basket is an appropriate size for the contents but the individual packaging leaves a large environmental footprint. The largest box appears to be a traditional assortment of candy such as Whitman's SamplerWhitman's Sampler Assorted Chocolate, 24-Ounce Box. Instead it contained things like single serving chocolate covered grahams, a chocolate covered pretzel, peanut butter cups and other off the shelf items. As a business gift, it would come across as cheap and unfortunately, the recipient might well assume that the quality was equally below par. For $35.00, you could put together a far better basket.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to amazons standards, March 14, 2013
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
The gift basket with chocolate and perishable items was left on my doorstep,the Box was torn and ants were inside. This was a gift for someone but they way it was delivered it is now unacceptable to give to anyone. I was home and the bell was never rung so the item sat outside for long time in the sun. Chocolate melts

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure Garbage TOTAL DISAPOINTMENT, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
My crappy basket was not filled with anything, But there were a few little cheap items thrown in. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY.

ARRAY(0x9bbeb8ac)