5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate, Chocolate, and More.
First off, I don't usual spend time to write product reviews, but I felt obligated to in this case. Despite the few negative reviews I had seen, and the low expectations that ensued, I found myself pretty pleasantly surprised when I received this gift basket earlier today.

Published on December 6, 2011 by Joe

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe Chocolate... Maybe Coffee
It is hard to write a review for an item sent as a gift to someone else. It seems that when you order this you may receive the Chocolate, but you may instead receive the Coffee Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U, as my gift recipient did. Thankfully she loves coffee, so it was not a total bomb, but her packing list DID say Chocolate AND I wanted to send Chocolate.
Published on May 2, 2012 by T. Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate, Chocolate, and More., December 6, 2011
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)

The packaging itself is solid. You get a dark-chocolate colored basket with just enough plastic wrapping to keep everything in pristine shape without being a hassle to open. There were no signs of re-purposed Jello boxes -- only a dense amount of straw lining the bottom to serve as a cushion. I thought it was a very nice touch.

Now for the part that actually matters: The candy. You get a pretty well organized assortment of chocolate-themed products, varying from chocolate covered peanuts and raisins, to peanut butter cups and and marshmallow cups, and yes, there's even a few pieces of individually-wrapped dark and milk chocolate for the diehard choco-holic. This variation is well balanced so your tastebuds don't feel tired of any one particular confection.

Of course, a couple items featured in this basket probably do have their comparable counterparts in your local grocer. But that's beside the point. You'll be hard pressed to create anything of a similar caliber yourself in terms of presentation and overall packaging.

Executive summary: This basket was made by chocolate lovers, for chocolate lovers. I'd buy it again and most likely will when Christmas rolls around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best packaging I have ever seen!, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
I read the other reviews and had to share my experience. Apparently this company has read earlier reviews and has taken corrective action. While others have said their chocolates arrived melted, my basket was actually chilled. The basket came packaged in a heavy Styrofoam container. This container is shaped similar to a regular cooler, complete with a lid. Inside this cooler was the basket, padded appropriately, with bags of "fake ice" at the bottom to keep the basket cold. I was very impressed. Indeed, this Styrofoam cooler is so nice I'm sure I will find another use for it in the future.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Issues Resolved In Second Basket, October 26, 2011
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this gift basket Monday which was an unseasonably warm late October day here in Colorado. My family and I tried the chocolate covered peanuts that same evening and though delicious they were melted together in one lump! Same experience with the chocolate coated pretzels. The chocolate covered raisins also tasted great and fortunately had stayed intact with no ill effects from being too warm. There's a variety of truffles, covered marshmallows, graham crackers etc included I have not yet opened or tasted. All the treats appear to be of very high quality though the quantities are quite small which may be a good thing for those of us watching our waistlines. The actual basket the treats come in is a little cheap looking but I did decide to keep it to make up my own gift basket for someone in the future. At a cost of around $40 I don't consider this item to be an exceptional value.
PS I took a star off this gift basket since the more I look at it the less impressed I am. For some strange reasons a rice krispie type bar with a bit of chocolate was placed in a box for flan, some truffles were placed in one of those single serve size cereal boxes for sugar pops and some dark chocolate pieces were in a Royal Jello box. I don't really think I would want to give as a gift something with this odd packaging.
UPDATE: ig4U contacted me and sent me another basket to review. This second basket did NOT contain melted chocolates or strange recycled packages. Based on the second basket I received this item would make an attractive, respectable gift for a chocolate lover.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Nov 11, 2011 11:00:06 AM PST
Dear Reviewer:

Please accept our apologies for originally sending you our prototype basket.

Thank you for taking the time to review the final product (Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U).

ig4U Design Team

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, as was gift recipient, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
Very happy with product - shipped to myself to bring to a birthday party. This gift basket arrived on time and in perfect condition. All of the items looked very beautiful and sleek, which made for a great first impression. The recipient loved everything in the box, especially the chocolate truffles. Would purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate Heaven!, November 23, 2011
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
My wife absolutely loved the basket. She is a chocolate fanatic and thought the variety of delicacies in this collection were fantastic. The truffles and chocolate chip marshmallow crispie bar were here favorites. I would highly recommend this as a gift and thought it gave great value for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe Chocolate... Maybe Coffee, May 2, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars It’s Pricey for What It Is, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
I bought this for my mother (a chocoholic), and she said it was good, but the portions were very small. The packaging makes it look like there is a lot more chocolate in the basket than there actually is. The weight in total is only 22 ounces, and that includes the cookies, nuts, trail mix, etc. She said the basket is very pretty, and she will be able to use it again because it is very nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chocolate basket!!!, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
I ordered this basket as a birthday gift for my husband, who is a major chocolate lover! Everything arrived perfectly and very quickly and he was overjoyed by all the different chocolates in the basket, especially the Kenzi items. It all was packaged very well and the attractive basket will be used again in our home. I would highly recommend this basket...great gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars looks exactly like the picture and great price, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
got this for my sisters who live in a different state and they took a picture of it and posted it to facebook. my jaw dropped when i saw it was exactly like the picture, b/c now days it seems like gift baskets are rarely as pictured. i asked her how it was and she said it was delicious. i compared a bunch of baskets to this one too and all of them were less ounces for a minimum of $5 more. i would get this again.

3.0 out of 5 stars High cost, average product, December 2, 2011
This review is from: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Gift baskets are never particularly economical but this one is even less of a value than many I have seen. The candy is drug store quality ~ decent but far from impressive. The basket is an appropriate size for the contents but the individual packaging leaves a large environmental footprint. The largest box appears to be a traditional assortment of candy such as Whitman's SamplerWhitman's Sampler Assorted Chocolate, 24-Ounce Box. Instead it contained things like single serving chocolate covered grahams, a chocolate covered pretzel, peanut butter cups and other off the shelf items. As a business gift, it would come across as cheap and unfortunately, the recipient might well assume that the quality was equally below par. For $35.00, you could put together a far better basket.

Rate and Discover Movies