Canon EOS Rebel T2i DSLR Camera (Body Only)
Used & New from: $270.00
Choices for first lens purchase for T2I? ould people in the forum help me with choices for the first lens or lenses for a Canon T2i? The first batch I've researched some are Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 macro or Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro? Opinions? And the next bunch = some choices, Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM wide angle zoom, Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM wide angle, or Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 inexpensive? Could you offer your choices, etc.?
asked by George K. Lucey on March 16, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
It depends on what type of photography you want to do.
Celeste answered on June 17, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would very strongly recommend that you purchase the Canon EF-S 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens. It is one of there newly introduced lens and is state of the art. Has special lens elements in it, and much multi-coating. This is the kit lens that Canon bundles and sells with their better DSLR's like the 7D. I purchased one last year with my new EOS Rebel T2i, which I have shot more than 5,000 images with and I just love it's performance in every way, and I am quite picky. It has a 35 mm equivalent focal length of 28 mm - 219 mm, for a zoom factor of 7. Is just 3" wide and 4" long, and weighs just 1 lb. It is a very wonderful lens in every way, and serves perfectly as a one lens carry at all times lens. It also has a macro function. Focus is quick and sure and the image stabilization is just wonderful and gives me a true four stops increase. I have read all of the comments on Amazon.com and every one who has this lens also loves it! You can pick it up for $500.00, maybe even $400.00, if you shop around, as it is a kit lens, which some people do not keep! Double thumbs up guaranteed!!!
Robert A. Gange Jr. answered on March 18, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, I have a T2i with 2 kit lens. I purchased the 50mm f1.8 and it's a wonderful little lens, great for portraits and closeups. I recently (literally a day ago) bought the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 without VC. All I can say is WOW. For less than $500 I finally found a lens that does everything really well. Photos and videos. It's super sharp and super fast. I didn't get the VC version of this lens as I've read mixed reviews about softness. The older lens is beautiful!
AvidReaderNYC answered on October 5, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I realize your question is now 3 yrs old, but I may still be able to help someone else. My favorite lens for my T2i is the Tamron 118-270mm. Talk about versatile. I have the Canon 50mm and a zoom along with the standard kit lens, but none compare to the Tamron...no more changing the lens so often.
C. Adams answered on August 2, 2014

A
I realize your question is now 3 yrs old, but I may still be able to help someone else. My favorite lens for my T2i is the Tamron 18-270mm. Talk about versatile. I have the Canon 50mm and a zoom along with the standard kit lens, but none compare to the Tamron...no more changing the lens so often.
C. Adams answered on August 2, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›