Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > New Super Mario Bros. Wii forum

Choking hazard?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2009 6:36:47 AM PDT
mjc0961 says:
The product page claims that there are small parts that can create a choking hazard for small children. What's that about? I thought this was just your standard game set: you get the box, the game disc, and game manual. If so, why does this game have a choking warning and not others?

And if it does come with more stuff, what is the extra stuff?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2009 6:03:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2009 6:04:17 PM PDT
mhn92 says:
Actually, the choking warning is for the frustration periods endured when two or more players playing in the multiplayer co-op mode, can't seem to get past a certain level. Then the anger sets in, and one player wants to choke the other one.

:)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2009 6:08:33 PM PDT
mjc0961 says:
Good explanation, haha. :p

Posted on Oct 24, 2009 8:45:44 PM PDT
Well that would be cool if there was some exclusive toy thing with the game. in the UK you get an exclusive tin that the game comes in ahhh I wish I could get it. here. I want a mario hat that would be sooo cool. Dang it. I want an exclusive.

Posted on Nov 5, 2009 5:53:09 AM PST
Sometimes kids choke on the game box. It happens all the time in America.

Posted on Nov 5, 2009 11:49:33 AM PST
D. Chen says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2009 3:25:16 PM PST
mjc0961 says:
How do they choke on the box? It's too big to fit in an adult's mouth, let alone a child's.

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 9:12:30 PM PST
J3121 says:
I would guess it would be the little brackets that hold the booklets in? I don't know, just my guess...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2009 9:23:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2009 9:24:25 PM PST
mhn92 says:
That sounds more like it. Those little brackets can be easily pulled or broken off.

Posted on Nov 9, 2009 12:55:47 PM PST
sarabean says:
I think that manufactures do it all the time, regardless of if there is TRULY a choking hazard, just to cover their butts. It's akin to the "don't use this in the shower" tags on hairdryers. (because, surly, someone, somewhere, would be stupid enough to do so.) ;)

Posted on Nov 11, 2009 8:12:31 AM PST
Rayz says:
Warning: Attempting to eat mushrooms or flowers in real life may pose a choking hazard. Jumping on small animals and from one surface to another could pose a slip or trip hazard that could lead to injury or death. Do not stand on the game disc, case, or manual or any materials included therein. Also this product does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases. Nintendo is not liable for any injuries, death, or vd's incurred through improper use of anything.

Posted on Nov 11, 2009 3:51:11 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 16, 2009 1:25:36 PM PST
Bill says:
So if anyone has the game,. what is the choking hazard?

Posted on Nov 17, 2009 8:53:50 PM PST
ZX 1971 says:
There is none, Bill. It comes with the game, manual, and a couple of inserts, just like (almost) every other Wii game. Hence, all the jokes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2009 12:56:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2009 12:56:14 PM PST
Bill says:
ZX, no one was actually sure at the time. It's possible (if unlikely) that there could have been something in the package.

Posted on Nov 18, 2009 4:10:38 PM PST
I got mine today. It's for the Toad key-chain that comes with the game. It's pretty neat. I can see why it can be a choking hazard.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2009 11:47:38 PM PST
Bill says:
Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Oct 19, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.6 out of 5 stars (2,249)