——THOMAS E. WOODS JR., Ph.D., bestselling author of Meltdown
“Easily the best of the college guides” (American Spectator) . . . “Indispensable” (First Things,/i>) . . . “An excellent guide” (National Review) . . . “Of great value” (New York Post) . . . “A godsend” (National Catholic Register) . . . “An essential reference” (Homeschool Magazine) . . . “A must for parents” (Dr. Laura Schlessinger) . . . “Unmatched” (Christina Hoff Sommers) . . .
That’s just a sampling of the overwhelming praise for Choosing the Right College, the most in-depth, independently researched college guide on the market, and the only source for students and parents who want the unvarnished truth about America’s top colleges and universities.
Updated and expanded, Choosing the Right College 2012-13 features incisive essays, telling statistics, and revealing sidebars on 140 schools—Ivy League institutions, state universities, liberal arts colleges, religious schools, military academies, and lesser-known schools worth a careful look.
Here you’ll discover information you can’t get anywhere else about the intellectual, political, and social conditions at each institution, including:
- Insider tips on the best—and worst—departments, courses, and professors
- The statistics that colleges don’t want you to know
- A unique “traffic light” feature—red, yellow, or green—that reveals the state of intellectual freedom and the extent of political correctness on campus
- The truth about day-to-day student life: the social scene, living arrangements, campus safety, clubs, sports, traditions, and much more
- A roadmap for getting a real education at any school, whether a huge state university or a tiny liberal arts college
- Essential financial information, including the extent of need-based financial aid and the average student-debt load of graduates
- The most overpriced colleges—and the good values you don’t know about
Plus, you’ll get a FREE one-year subscription to the companion website , which profiles dozens more schools and offers special “top five” lists, expert tips on handling the admissions process, an “Ask the Editors” feature, guides to navigating the college experience, videos featuring students and recent alumni, and much more.
Choosing the Right College provides all the answers you’ll need to make one of life’s crucial decisions. Visit www.CollegeGuide.org