Choosing a color my skin is somewhere in between fair and medium but i dont want to get a shade to dark or too light and i don't wanna spend $60 on the starter kit. Which should i get?
asked by Patrick Fry on March 5, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I would suggest medium beige. It is lighter than medium, but darker than the fair color. I bought the "medium" kit, which has the medium and medium beige color. I only use the medium beige color.

If worse comes to worse and it's too dark, you can always buy the lighter shade and mix the two together. They blend easily. Of course that's not a cheap solution, but it does work.
Amy92010 answered on March 12, 2008
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Patrick
you should really try and get to a store for your best match. i am of mixed race and i knew it would take some time to find a good match. The BE "artist" tried 5 different shades before realizing that 2 shades mixed together were best suited. so i paid double however i looks flawless close in color!
Lots of beauty supply stores sell the full line of Bare Minerals foundations like Planet Beauty. Drop by your local mall and ask for a demo!
rhonegal63 answered on March 20, 2008
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I suggest buying this from a store the first time, like Ulta. You definitely want to try this product BEFORE you buy it. I love it, but I also found that because of my darker complexion (I'm medium dark I think though anything darker applies as well) I'm able to use the foundation without anything else like the warmth. I bought my mineral blush (Yes you will need some) elsewhere.
J. Brown answered on February 5, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the hardest time trying to match shades...even with the line across the jaw line trick. I'm light brown hair, blue eyes, and light skin (not porcelain pale). The medium is a little dark and when I put on really light it doesn't seem to have enough coverage. The medium beige seems to have better coverage but is too yellow. I typically wear a light/soft beige foundation, "fresco" in Estee Lauder. At the BE counter the girl said light, but the other girl said medium beige...so med beige is what they tried. I have a full size medium and a full size medium beige... I should order what...fair or fairly light? and mix what with what?... So far this has been an expensive venture and I don't have it right yet. Please help.
W. Dobbins answered on March 9, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Nov 15, 2008 10:36:55 AM PST]

A
[Deleted by the author on Mar 13, 2009 5:40:03 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product