$5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it

on December 5, 2012
Loved this book!!! Cannot wait to finish the rest of the series! It started off a little slow for me, and I wasnt sure if I would enjoy it, but by the middle of the book it had my full attention! Great read!!!
on June 4, 2012
I first got this book as the cover attracted me and I was very pleasantly surprised after finishing it!
Every chapter has something new, exciting, and fresh. It did not make me cringe at all like a lot of Teen paranormal fantasy books out there, actually made me very engrossed in the mind of the main character which is surprising becaues she has very special abilities like the others in the book, which is a great supernatural gift

I highly recommend reading this, and although the start was slow it really picked up. And the second book is a LOT better too with so much action, a great series to just get away from it all.
on February 10, 2012
This book came up as a recommendation for me and after reading all the five star reviews and seeing the low price, I thought why not?

I thought the story started strangely, there was a whole page about the significance of the date September 23rd of all things. I thought Tracy's back story of wanting to go to a good school was interesting and different but as soon as we got to part where she has to travel to the school alone, things got sketchy. The whole situation was too weird and ridiculous to believe. It might be because being on a creepy island in the middle of nowhere where people rarely leave, sometimes it sounded like they couldn't leave, doesn't appeal to me at all. But Tracy seemed to eat it up despite several ominous warnings. Everything was just so weird, I couldn't believe the things that Tracy went along with.

I didn't like any of the girls in the group, not sure why I was supposed to and the love interest didn't seem to have any redeeming qualities beyond having pretty eyes. I'm not sure what happened around chapter seven to make the story seem better but I never made it there. It shouldn't take that long for a story to get interesting. If you don't hook me in the first three chapters, we're done.

I guess if you don't mind a very slow story build up and weird situations then this is the story for you but if not, don't waste your money, there are thousands of other YA romances to read that are done better.
on May 26, 2012
I read Chosen few weeks ago on my sis's Kindel. Since then I've got my own Kindle and decided to buy the book because second book has just been released!!! It;s called Forbidden ( Forbidden (The Seeker Saga)) and it is kinda hard to find in the store...and I like to have all sequel together in on place. Chosen is FINE book for young girls and it has just right amount of romance and only one kissing scene ;). I am looking forward to reading Forbidden as soon as I post this review lol
on March 7, 2013
I love reading but this was a task, so badly written with emphasis on certain characters that suggested there would be more development- which there wasn't. Will never read this author's books again. Bad reccomendation from Amazon.
on February 29, 2012
This book was way to slow for my taste. The idea was interesting enough, but it left me feeling empty at the end. Also the authors description of the main characters thought process was way too drawn out. It really was like being in the head of a teenage girl and honestly who wants to experience that....again (if your a girl)
on April 28, 2012
Does anyone else actually believe that a parent would send their only child to a boarding school that they aren't even permitted to check out first? I mean come on! For all they know, they just sent their 16 year old daughter off with a child sex traffic-er!
on May 23, 2013
Is it a real possibility to use crystals for power? Some believe in magical elements and some just love there beauty but this is a great read a little slow getting into it but picks up in the middle
on March 4, 2013
It was alright.. it didn't excite me all that much but it was a decent book. I did like the element of the crystals but other that I really didn't care for it.. but it was well written, so 4 stars.
on July 24, 2014
good at some points and in some places it was hard to keep reading. I read to read just for relaxation so it worked for that type of reading I doubt I will continue with the series