Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Guitar School
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 3, 2012
This is absolutely the best guitar instructional app available for the true beginner. I got my first guitar at the age of 38 just one week ago. At the same time I also received a Kindle Fire. I loaded up every guitar app the markets had and set about going through them and trying to learn guitar. Most of the apps were junk. Some were okay, but weren't really geared for a completely new guitarist, despite what their descriptions said.

Guitar School was the exception, and it is exceptional. I have spent one week playing at least 3-4 hours a day on an acoustic/electric guitar. In that time, using this app, I have learned 6 chords, two sets of scales, and have strummed my way through two complete songs.

The app itself is one of the best apps of any kind I have used. The app is well made, polished, and very professional. It is functionally perfect.

Have I mastered the guitar in that week? Heck no, but I have established a base that I can now use as I move forward in my training.

And nothing could beat the look I got from my daughter when I played my first song. She looked at me, her eyes beaming, and said "gosh Dad, that sounds like something you hear on the radio!".

How awesome is that?
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2011
I bought a guitar as a present to my nine year son and I got interested in playing again. I bought this app on my kindle fire. I was able to tune the guitar an play a song with in an hour.

My last lesson was 30+ years ago... and the app got me back having fun. It is a dollar well spent.
on December 16, 2012
I'm in my 30's too, and decided to give it a try based on other reviews. I have wanted to play since I was a teen and learned very little before working and getting discouraged by lack of progress. i haven't played with app long, but it is simple to use and straight foward and i am learning. the only thing i would change is putting the name of the cord by the demonstration, but it isn't a big deal.
on January 15, 2013
I'm just learning guitar and this app is great. I like that it shows you beginner guitar tabs and songs.
on December 17, 2013
Like how it shows you how to hold the guitar, the pick, etc. I am brand new at playing guitar, just got one a few weeks ago and I am no expert so if there is someone with more knowledge they may think otherwise, but as a total novice, I have enjoyed using this app.
on November 24, 2012
its able to teach people how to play guitar or even electric guitar like myself. its really great but it takes time and patience.
on December 19, 2012
Great app! Helped me out a lot, and I even learned enough from the app to apply to other songs and further my guitar skills.
on February 17, 2013
I got this app for my daughter to use. She liked it at first, but gave up on it. That is the attention span of a 10 year old.

This would be a great tool for a serious person who really wants to learn. I find it convenient and simple for the novice guitar player. I recommend this for learning.

A great little app.
on January 26, 2013
This is really fun for the beginner like me. Easy to use & understand. I would recommend it for sure.
on July 22, 2014
Doesn't do much of anything beyond showing you what frets look like!