Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 9, 2007
Healthy meals with tons of flavor and easy to prepare. I was surprised at the quick prep time for most of these recipes. Carmichael's recipes stress whole grains, legumes and lean proteins. Having struggled to prepare grains and legumes with flavor, I was pleased to find so many ideas that actually taste great!! The nutritional content of these recipes fit easily into the demands of the elite athlete or the weekend warrior just trying to make healthy choices. My personal faves are the fish entrees-spicy, asian, and fresh salsa ideas make salmon and halibut fun to prepare.
on January 21, 2008
This is a good cookbook, with healthful and easy-to-make recipes, categorized by ideal training phase, though all the recipes are solid year-round. Each recipe also has icons which explain its use at a glance -- pre-workout energy booster, anti-oxidant clean-up, and protein building-blocks are just a few. The only drawback is that it's Chris Carmichael book, so the introduction and chapter beginnings read like a CTS Brochure. This is only distracting the first time you read it, and doesn't take much away from the book. I recommend this book as a good cookbook for any cyclist, or anyone else looking for healthy, easy, and delicious meals at home.
on March 9, 2009
I live in Hawaii where it's summer year round, so the periodization training doesn't really apply to me, because basically I am in the Specialized Period all year. To me it didn't seem like there was a huge difference in the recipes for each period, so seems pointless to divide it up into 4 segments. I think if you train super hard during the winter months you would still require the same diet for the summer. There are hardly any photos to go with the recipes, they are all bunched together in the center. While I haven't tried any of the recipes, some look good but in general I was disappointed with the book.
on January 28, 2011
my little sister loves this recipe book because it also outlines training ideas and what to eat for any part of your training for distance running.