5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Christian books I've ever read
Published on June 26, 2001 by Michael A. Cooper

3.0 out of 5 stars Christ the Sum of All Spiritual Things
Nee's works are always profitable. This particular writing is interesting but somewhat esoteric. The words, as always, are plain but how to receive it in one's spirit is difficult.
Published on August 22, 2012 by Charles E. Dines

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Christian books I've ever read, June 26, 2001
This is an awesome book, because it is all about how Christ is everything we need. His grace is completely sufficient, and our works are irrelevant. We don't need to ask for holiness or goodness or anything, because through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, Christ is everything for us. The focus is on His greatness, not on trying to refurbish us. This book is the antidote to all those shallow, burdensome Christian self-help books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christ is the sum and reality of all spiritual things:, July 26, 1999
By A Customer
Watchman Nee's Normal Christian Life talked mainly about the fact of redemption and justification based on the book of Romans (especially Chapter 6, 7, and 8), and a little bit about Christ person. While in this book he went much further to reveal God's complete salvation through Christ - a living person put into Christ's believers to be their redemption, righteousness, life, love, patience, peace, joy, humble, and everything! Only Christ exists in God's eye in the whole university. It is really blessed to see this revelation concerning Christ person as a reality of all, because the whole Bible is a revelation of Jesus Christ (Revelation 1:1). This book can help Christ's believers open a spiritual eye to see this wonderful all-inclusive Christ who is far beyond human imagination.

4.0 out of 5 stars Christ is All We Need!, March 16, 2004
Nee has written a thought-provoking book that will challenge the reader to consider the sufficiency of Christ in all things.
Nee emphasizes that Christ is our life, truth, and power. Nee also mentions that the Christian is to let go of all self-sufficiency and instead let Christ be our sufficiency.
Another important point Nee mentions is the futility of achieving human unity apart from Calvary - a rebuke to the world's system of doing things.
All in all, an excellent read that will challenge your thinking. Read and be encouraged!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christ is the answer!, March 22, 2000
As with all of Watchman Nees' books I've read, the spiritual truths revealed are profound. Christ the sum of all Spiritual things shows how Christ is the only true reality - there is nothing outside of him! This book helped me to see that Christ is the answer to each and every thing I will ever encounter in my walk of faith with God. I recommend this book to anyone who is searching for absolute truth in their daily Christian walk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Christ!, August 27, 2007
David D. Flowers (Christiansburg, Virginia) - See all my reviews
Nee writes, "Every spiritual thing outside of Christ is dead."

There are not many authors throughout church history who have been able to touch the centrality and supremacy of Christ like T. Austin Sparks and Watchman Nee. Their writings are apparently floating to the surface of modern religious Christianity... and they are choking out the empty dead adages and 12 step "purpose-driven" life plans. These simple Christ-centered messages are helping believers everywhere to see the simplistic nature of our faith.

In "Christ: The Sum of All Spiritual Things," Nee says that many Christians come to the Christ of the Scriptures for salvation and then they are bombarded with "things!" Nee sumbits that Christ does not give salvation... HE IS SALVATION. Christ does not give us love, joy, peace, patience, etc... HE GIVES HIMSELF. We do not receive things from the Lord, we receive himself!

Too often Christians view Christ as the one who gives us the stuff or the "things" we need to succeed and to live victoriously. Nee claims that this proves we miss Christianity altogether in our prayers for "gifts" as if they were something separate from the Person of Christ.
He writes, "Christianity is not reward, neither is it what Christ gives to me. Christianity is none other than Christ himself."

The Person of Christ is what we really seek. Things only leave us empty. Nee says that many today speak of "truth" and "life"... "without necessarily speaking of Christ." This book is about us understanding that Christ is truth and life. Christ is the gift and the giver! We must stop running after the accumulation of worthless religious "things" and find our satisfaction in the Person of Christ.

As always, Nee makes a good deal of the work of the cross of Christ in our lives. It is the cross that is the "foolishness" or "the power" to the one professing Christ. The true follower of Jesus will pass through death (the cross) to receive life (Jesus). True discipleship is determined through one's desire for the Person of Christ instead of the "things" that this man called Jesus can give.

I also recommend reading:

The Centrality of Jesus Christ (Works of T. Austin-Sparks)

5.0 out of 5 stars "For to me to live is Christ...", April 26, 2007
I am so thankful that the Lord led me to this wonderful book at the beginning of my Christian life. It focused me away from so many things to the see that Christ Himself is the goal, not other things.

5.0 out of 5 stars when the pupil is ready the teacher will appear, April 7, 1999
as with all watchman nee books, one must wait until the spirit is ready to recieive the profound truths which nee writes. This is a book for the intuitive, mystic which opens the window to the truth of christ as no other book I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christ Revealed, January 11, 2011
This is perhaps the best book on what it means to be, really be, Christian. It means to have an actual and living relationship with Christ Himself. Before I read this book that type of statement tended to sound trifling, simplistic, and devotional at best; but Watchman Nee delivers this message with power and helped me to really understand Who my salvation is. I cannot recommend this book enough for, at the risk of being repetitive, it showed me Who Christ is and Who He is in my life. No other book that I have read has accomplished this quite like this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christ the life to live, January 25, 2009
Watchman Nee is a classic author on the Christians life in Christ, and always challenges you to go deeper. Being Chinese he writes and thinks about spiritual matters from an Eastern view instead of our Western train of thought. As always, a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, December 12, 2008
I have great respect for Watchman Nee - everything he has written has been very inspiring and helpful for me in my walk with the Lord. A great Christian writer, one who I hope gets more exposure by the recommendations of other readers.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›