Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

Format: DVD|Change

on November 6, 2012
Although the subject matter is fascinating, the film comes across like the ones we used to watch in the library in high school. The narrator could easily be from a random old National Geographic film about mating whales. It's ok for historical content, but not very interesting.
on December 17, 2012
Rare black and white footage of Christian Dior in his atelier at work as well as interviews with designers he inspired. A great addition to fashion lovers and history buffs collection.
on April 13, 2013
We all like to think that the life of a fashion designer is sexy and full of excitement. If any of that is true, one would not be convinced of this based on this portrayal of Christian Dior. Aside from a short period of illness, it would appear that he faced no obstacles. Not sure he came from money, but it does sound like he had considerable privilege and got pretty much whatever he wanted. There is also little discussion of his personal life. On weekends, he retreated to his vacation home and drew there. He then headed back into the city weekdays to work. Exciting, right? (I kind of wish I had never watched it -- because I was better off thinking of him as the struggling and angst-ridden artist. That, . . . he was not.)
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2013
I thought it would be better. My students were bored. Keep in mind it's in French with subtitles and in black and white. Very educational just not entertaining for the hour.
on January 14, 2013
Very interesting production about a nuanced creative so unlike the narcisssusts we are so accustomed to. Beautiful pics of dresses. Good black/white photography. Wonderful introduction to designer's friends and team.
Absolutely no dirty little secrets!
on August 31, 2013
I must admit I enjoyed all 52. I enjoyed the information given about the designer and of course, the garments! As a matter of fact, I watched more than once.
on December 8, 2013
It is just a little icing on a very big cake. If you know nothing of Dior then it's good. Sadly it begins with the funeral and ends with the funeral. A good summary for the novice.
on January 13, 2015
I love learning of the interesting life of people who exceed the odds in becoming famous! If he were here today! How awesome would fashion be.
on February 4, 2015
Excellent item, highly satisfied, fabulous dresses
on August 17, 2015
Not enough about the man or his designs. A little disappointing.