5.0 out of 5 stars More than just melodic bubble-gum pop!
It's like Vince Clarke on a Sunday leaving church! Very catchy, uplifting tunes along the lines of Erasure and Anything Box. Pure analog, pure energy. This album has sparked me to seek out the band's earlier material! In a day & age where sex and violence dominate the music industry, Joy Electric is quite refreshing.
Published on October 2, 2000 by The Blue Raja

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a little disappointing
I like Joy Electric. They have so much potential. This CD captures their potential. The flutters and beeps are perfectly done (though a little more overproduced--which isn't such a bad thing--and predictable than their earlier work.)
I have heard a lot of people saying that this is their best album but the songs don't go anywhere, as good as they are, and they...
Published on January 12, 2000 by Christopher Rodkey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just melodic bubble-gum pop!, October 2, 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly awesome Synth-Rock., November 14, 2000
This review is from: Christian Songs (Audio CD)
Pure and Perfect, this album is by far the best one in my collection. If you can feel music in your gut, you'll love it too. Following the success of "Robot Rock", this album conveys amazing feeling in the same manner, but still very different feelings. Robot Rock tended to give a feeling of curiosity and hope, then also mourning and courage. This album a more pure hope, and at the same time, a childlike awe and wonder. Even aside from that, the lacy under-tones, frantic synth beats, and swirling melodys make this, and Robot Rock, a definate hole in any music lover's collection who doesn't already own them.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is happy music, November 16, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Christian Songs (Audio CD)
I had heard a couple of Joy Electric cd's before, and I decided to give this one a try when I was in a Christian Bookstore. I was completely blown away. I'm not usually one to impulse buy a cd, but I bought this one on the spot and I couldn't be happier that I did. You won't be disappointed in this cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars TECHNO MASTERS, April 30, 2000
Kelson (Joy Electric Land) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christian Songs (Audio CD)
This is by far, the BEST Joy Electric CD, thus far! I have heard all of their full legnth albums, including 5 Stars for Failure, Melody, We Are the Music Makers, Robot Rock, Old Wives Tales, and Christian Songs. And Christiansongs is most definatly the best one of theirs so far. Ronnie's voice, the incredibly beautiful synthizer, and the awe striking lyrics of the songs in this album, definatly make this CD deserve 5 Stars... not for failure. Here is the chorus to the song titled "The Magic Of" on their new record "Christiansongs"
feel the magic of rust turning to gold, penny candy silver snow, feel the magic of frost upon the leaves, every memory you keep inside
Aren't those awsome lyrics? And each song has the beautiful words, and sound of this one. I am definatly looking foward to their new album coming out this fall. They are also putting one out this summer titled "Unelectric", and it's a bunch of songs they have done, only without the synth, and with other instruments. I hope this review has been helpful to you, and that you'll go buy some Joy Electric. If you want a good CD to start off with I recommend "Christiansongs", but remember that everyone of their CDs, has incredible sound, that you don't want to miss... hurry, because some of their older CDs are going out of print.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Album!, January 14, 2005
Axel Thiele (Springfield, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christian Songs (Audio CD)
This is by far the best electric cd I have ever heard! This cd is the one that made me a joy electric fan instantly. I have listened to all of je's other cd's and this is their best work. There is just something about the sound of the monosynths that make you want 2 dance! It's nothing like anything I have ever heard before. I am going to state right now that I am not a fan of electronic music. I am a guitar player who plays rock & roll- and that is what I generally like to listen to. I have always hated synthesizers and the sound they make. But the monosynths that are used on this disk are totally different! The sounds joy electric makes sound like someone making music with a old school arcade game. Some times I just laugh out loud it sounds sooo amazing!! I am a follower of Christ so the lyrics really touch me with the simple truths that are proclaimed by Ronnie in his "choir boy" voice.

I'll just say this- sample this cd and see if you like it. I have found it to be ear candy that is such pure, funky, fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Coolest, August 11, 2001
Becky (Roseville, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christian Songs (Audio CD)
When I first heard this group, I was in my friends car and she had this cd and played it. I thought it was weird music at first, but when I heard the song Disco For a Ride I thought it was cool. She told me about the group and told me it was christian and I was okay with that because all the cd's I own are christian. So I borrowed it from my friend and made a copy of it and I think it's the coolest cd I ever owned. If you like electronic and Synth-pop music, you will love this cd! I like all the songs and my most favorites are Disco for a Ride and Make my Life a Prayer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Joy electric, The best band in the world, December 27, 2000
corey (Kansas City, Mo) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christian Songs (Audio CD)
I first felt the need for this cd, when i saw there picture. I went around telling people they were awesome, And i hadn't even heard them. Them i finally got the chance to get it and i got it. I showed all my friend it and they hated it. They said i'm stupid if i like that music. The first song of the cd, Voice of the young is both fun and Well um fun. And after that all the song's are good. Ronnie can sing very good. His voice almost sounds like a girl, but it is 10 times better than any of the punk rockers who can't sing,. The music is both origanal and good, THey don't use all the samplers that a lot of bands do{Circle of Dust and Mortal for instance}. So of you want something new, different than all the punk and ska, pick up this cd today.

5.0 out of 5 stars MORE THAN 5 STARS, August 10, 2000
This review is from: Christian Songs (Audio CD)
i dont care if anyone makes fun of me I LOVE JOY ELECTRIC THEY ARE THE BEST BAND EVER KEEP MAKING CDS these are the oonly guys who could put me to sleep at night and make me dream nice dreams about that good stuff like the candyland game (lol) i wish these guys would come out with tee shirts and stuff this is the best cd in the whole world other people may not think it but man these guys ROCK

5.0 out of 5 stars beauty as only joy electric can create, April 28, 1999
This review is from: Christian Songs (Audio CD)
after their last album, "robot rock" i felt a worrisome disappointment with joy electric, as it contained several tracks which i found to be weak, and not up to this amazing band's usual standards. however, "christiansongs" has made me wonder how i ever could have thought that joy electric might be on the decline. it took me three or four listens, but there are some achingly gorgeous tracks on this album, which has a generally "old wive's tales" feel-- yet somehow more mature. ronnie's lyrics have an almost eerie, urgent power to them, with a few tablespoons (pints?) of fairies and candy thrown in for fantastical fun. especially noteworthy are "make my life a prayer," the enigmatic, explosive "singing in gee," and "the magic of," which will have you singing "feel the magic of... rust turning to gold/ penny candy, silver snow" for days. joy electric fans-- don't hesitate to buy this album. ronnie must have had a lot of late nights fine-tuning each track to create an album as close to perfection as he could. his efforts weren't in vain. all praise and glory to Jesus, the risen Christ-- who lives today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Joy Electric's best album, July 23, 2004
Jason Arellano (Glendora, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christian Songs (Audio CD)
This is defintly Joy Electric's best album, the lyrics in this alum is what I like a lot, very Christ centered. My favirate song is Children of the Lord, it's probally becuase I'm a Children's pastor, but this is a fun album to listen to. Ronnie Martin does pretty much everything by himself, his album are very diffent than any artist out there.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›