Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Pink Floyd Discover it Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 1, 2003
This is, unequivocally, one of the most enjoyable Christmas albums ever produced by a pop/rock outfit. The first seven tracks, which constituted side one of the old vinyl album, is for all practical purposes a Christmas symphony: It fuses together shorter and longer renditions of traditional Christmas songs (most being nonsecular), with appropriate orchestration and the Seasons' incomparable vocal magic. Check out Frankie's soaring falsetto over his bandmates' midrange harmonies on "Estelsis Deo"; it'll send chills down your spine. "What Child Is This" is a beauty, as a previous reviewer noted, and the other three group members get to shine on a cheerful take of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen." Too many little treasures here to list 'em all. The second half of the album is arranged a bit more conventionally: Six songs more spaced, with more straight pop instrumentation not unlike many of the early Seasons classics. Herein lie the two tracks which get played on the radio at Christmastime: "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" and "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"--but equally notable is "Jungle Bells," a genuinely fun song that your kids'll go ga-ga over--and so will you! There's not much here in the way of liner notes, not surprising given the cd's very budget price--but really, the music's all the liner notes you need. We were out cruising in the snow the other night, and I turned a couple friends on to this album who had never heard it before, and they both loved it. Frankie, Mick, Tommy and the obscenely underrated talent Bob Gaudio produced a real slice of holiday magic on this album, and especially at this bargain basement price, you cannot and will not go wrong buying it.
on January 18, 2003
This is a great Christmas L.P. Everyone should own one. It has The Four Seasons at their musicly best. Frankie Valli's vocal rendition of "WHAT CHILD IS THIS" had got to be the smoothest version I've ever heard of that tune. It is just a shame that this song is never played on the radio during the holiday season.
... Buy it and I think you would agree that this Christmas L.P. is the GREATEST!! EVER!!
on January 3, 2005
My children grew up listening to this album. We always had to play this while we were trimming the tree. I had no idea that both of my children considered this album part of our "Christmas Tradition". I finally found it on CD and this year my daughter asked to borrow my CD for my 5 year old granddaughter. She fell in love with it. My son's 4 year old daughter begged to hear Jungle Bells over and over. Needless to say, I ordered both granddaughters a CD of their own. I'm quite sure their parents are enjoying it too.
on December 29, 2013
Your write-up says August 16, 1983 so I must agree...having been a proud part of the NBC Radio Network at dear old 30 Rock in those days and, joined by an old friend and high school classmate (we graduated Flemington, N.J. High School back in 1951} I was able to have my classmate join me as we walked into the Stea-Phillips recording studio right off the lobby of a long extinct Manhattan hotel (somewhere in the low 50's blocks...just off 7th Avenue and sit down and happily watch and listen to Frankie Valli and his group record their Christmas Album. As it turned out my friend (a gal) obviously fell in deeply with the audio engineer on the board that day because not many weeks thereafter they were married. She lost him quite a few years ago and now lives as a single over near Disneyworld...I'm blocks from the Gulf, also here in Florida. Lenny Stea, of Stea-Phillips, lives in Westport, Connecticut and still operates a recording studio....to the best of my knowledge. Talked to him earlier this year and he was still quite active. Great memories and Frankie is still doing his thing. Don Blair, NBC Radio Net.ret.
on July 1, 2015
Bought this for my father for Christmas last season. I've seen Jersey Boys and I have listened to all the classics, but this is the first time I had heard their Christmas covers outside of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus." My father grew up with this music and told me he didn't care for this album, even though he loves Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. The reason to this is that you really don't hear as much of the signature vocals as you do in their original songs. So if you're a die-hard FV&T4S fan, you may be disappointed with this. I won't take away any stars though because the seller did a great job shipping it to me in time for the holidays and it arrived in one piece. I personally liked it, even if my father didn't, and I'll be sure to blast this on the stereo next Christmas! Like it or not, it's a cool addition to any old CD collection.
on January 7, 2013
I can remember my Mom playing the Four Seasons Christmas album every Christmas during my childhood. For some reason this came to mind repeatedly this Christmas season so I looked it up and found this CD on Amazon. It is not the exact album she had but it is close and even though I ordered it the week before Christmas, I got it BEFORE Christmas. I was thrilled with the purchase and the SUPER fast shipping! This really made my holiday special!
on August 17, 2002
Being addicted to the Four Seasons, I had to get this album. It is a mix between traditional Christmas classics, and fun Christmas songs. Although during two or three of the traditional songs, Frankie Valli hits a couple of clinkers when he breaks into his falsetto, but not much.
The medleys are well balanced, and beautifully transitioned between one song and another. But my favorite songs on this albums were the one fun Christmas songs, such as "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" (which is my favorite version of this particular song), "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" (with Frankie singing in his falsetto all throughout the song), and "Christmas Tears" which is virtually new to me. Another song that was new to me was "Jungle Bells" (the track listing on-line makes a mistake and credits it as "Jingle Bells"). "Jungle Bells" is easilly defined as a novelty song, where Santa Claus visits the jungle and is giving presents to all the animals. It's really cute and funny.
This album is also the hardest Four Seasons album to find, and could possibly become one of my all time favorite Christmas CD's, and it could become one of your family's too.
on January 2, 2003
When we were little my parents would play this album (am I dating myself?). This is a wonderful Christmas CD - Fun for the family, my nieces and nephew LOVE Jungle Bells!
on December 13, 2001
This is the best Christmas album I have ever heard. I grew up in the 70s listening to the sounds of Franklin Valli every Christmas Day. The traditional favorites are here as well as some fun music like Jungle Bells (Santa visits the jungle) and I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. A must have for your Christmas collection.
on January 7, 2015
oh my goodness, I just finished listening to this cd in my car, and I loved it soooo much. It is the prettiest Christmas music of ALL time!! I will have to make excuses to go for a drive so I can listen to it!!
the blending of their voices, plus the orchestra's music is awesome and very striking.
have several Jersey Boys cd's, plus the movie about the 4 seasons, which I watch VERY often ---it is sooo good!
They have been thru a lot and to think 4 voices could blend and harmonize like this is amazing---I just loved it all. Everyone should have a copy---yes!!!