5.0 out of 5 stars The Grinch Who Trashed Christmas Music...
...must've had a bad day when he wrote the review. I'm speaking, of course, of the grouchy comment from H. Freeman. Music is a matter of different tastes, and you may not like Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald and the other fine artists on this album, but his comments are beyond the pale.

In any case, I remember my mom buying this album in the 60s, and it became...
Published on October 15, 2011 by Mortimer

3.0 out of 5 stars GREATEST? Well.....
When we see words like GREATEST and ULTIMATE on these kinds of CDs, warning bells should go off. First, if you look at the playlist, you will see that this collection is meant for Baby Boomers, the ones (like me) who remember that Gene Autry (The Singing Cowboy) recorded the originals of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "Frosty the Snowman."

If you are...
Published on December 4, 2012 by gandalfcmk

5.0 out of 5 stars The Grinch Who Trashed Christmas Music..., October 15, 2011
Mortimer (Lewisburg, WV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christmas All-Time Greatest Records (Audio CD)

In any case, I remember my mom buying this album in the 60s, and it became one of our musical staples at Christmas time. I do believe it was a cut above the tire store Christmas albums of that era. At the time, all of the singers were still alive and part of the popular culture. Their versions of the Christmas standards, I believe, are excellent. Bing Crosby's "Little Drummer Boy" was one of the first renditions of that song, and set a standard for vocalists who performed after.

If you want an operatic Christmas, this is not for you. But the songs are traditional for the American Christmas culture, and are performed by some of the finest vocalists of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmastime songs made from peace, nostalgia and love, May 8, 2009
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Christmas All-Time Greatest Records (Audio CD)
Christmas All Time Greatest Records, Volume 1 has 12 classic Christmas songs that remain exquisite to this day. It's no secret that Christmastime music is some of our very best music; this type of music usually has very upbeat sounding melodies and catchy lyrics that make you want to sing along with them practically wherever you are! These songs have been lovingly crafted and performed with a great deal of sensitivity; and that's grand. I also like that this is a budget priced CD; this way as many people as possible can afford to buy it--the price is very reasonable as of the time of this writing.

The album begins with what is one of the very best selling hits of all time, Bing Crosby's charming yet melancholy "White Christmas." "White Christmas" is very nostalgic as Bing sings of life in a simpler time before computers and washing chicken to avoid salmonella poisoning. Bing Crosby was born to sing this song and I've never heard a better rendition of "White Christmas." In addition, Glen Campbell performs "I'll Be Home For Christmas," this is another very sweet and nostalgic number with a very romantic flavor to it. "I'll Be Home For Christmas" was always one of my very favorite Christmas songs; just one listen to Glen doing this song will tell you why I like it so much. Nat "King" Cole handles "The Christmas Song" with panache; Nat never misses a note and the gorgeous piano solo is truly charming. I love it! The musical arrangement also makes good use of the strings; and that's grand.

Just in case you want something from some people who hit the big time a little more recently; you'll get the excellent "Little Saint Nick" by The Beach Boys. The Beach Boys do this one up right--they harmonize very well and the music they play complements their vocals perfectly. In addition, Ella Fitzgerald, The First Lady Of Song, does a splendid rendition of "Silent Night." Ella's voice is as clear as a bell and she puts all her heart and soul into singing this classic ballad.

Bing Crosby returns to do a great job on "Do You Hear What I Hear?" "Do You Hear What I Hear?" has a choir to accompany Bing although of course he didn't really need it. However, the choir works well anyway and Bing is front and center--right where he belonged and still belongs! Merle Haggard's "Silver Bells" is very pretty; Merle sings this faultlessly and I love this number. In addition, Dean Martin does "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" without ever missing a note; Dean is one of my very favorite male vocalists of all time--he never let his fans down and this tune is no exception! The CD also ends very nicely with Bing Crosby and The Andrews Sisters performing a very spirited "Jingle Bells;" this is quite the perfect ending.

Christmas All Time Greatest Records, Volume 1 offers 12 outstanding Christmastime songs; this will be on your CD player an awful lot during the holiday season and perhaps occasionally throughout the year as well! I highly recommend this album for fans of traditional Christmastime music.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Christmas Classic, November 26, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Christmas All-Time Greatest Records (Audio CD)
This is a great collection! It contains White Christmas (Crosby) and Christmas Song (Cole) in addition to other Christmas classics. These two songs are very difficult to get on the same CD. I have owned the cassette for years and had always hoped I would find the CD. This is a must have for your holiday collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Music, January 20, 2009
This review is from: Christmas All-Time Greatest Records (Audio CD)
I tend to side with the traditional style of Christmas music, so I bought this CD. I absolutely love it! It combines many great songs into 1 cd, so I don't have to keep replacing the cd once the song I want to hear has been played.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for the holidays, September 10, 2012
This review is from: Christmas All-Time Greatest Records (Audio CD)
This vol. 1 CD is a must have for the holidays. It has all the classic holiday songs. It is prefect for background music at holiday gatherings. I also purchased vol. 2 at the same time. Would highly recommend buying both.

3.0 out of 5 stars GREATEST? Well....., December 4, 2012
This review is from: Christmas All-Time Greatest Records (Audio CD)

If you are just starting your hunt for the Christmas music of your youth, have no fear: it's out there, and plenty of it, it's just not all on one disc (or even one SET). This particular CD has four or five "Classic" (another word to watch out for) tunes of the period on it all right, but whether the rest constitute the "ALL-TIME GREATEST" kind of depends on what you're looking for. To obtain a good variety of your favorite Christmas pieces, you're probably looking at a pretty thorough search (well, you're in the right place) and buying a minimum of five or six discs at fairly reasonable prices, depending on your selections and whether you like popular, orchestral (Montovani, Percy Faith) or classical (The Philadelphia Orchestra, Robert Shaw) or a combination of both. Over the years, I've probably picked up 70 or 80 discs (maybe more!)from Gregorian Chants to Kenny G, but, then again, I REALLY like Christmas music. Yes, I've bought discs for a single song, but I think I might pass on this one. There are a lot of good collections out there, and ALL of them have cuts you wouldn't listen to more than once if someone held a fruitcake over your head.

When all is said and done, download your favorites from each disc into your itunes program and make a playlist of your favorites. I can assure you that THAT will be the ULTIMATE GREATEST CLASSIC CHRISTMAS ALBUM EVER!! Have fun, and happy hunting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Christmas songs, December 8, 2008
This cassette is 29 minutes and 52 seconds and has the regular Christmas songs on it. White Christmas sung by Bing Crosby, The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole, and Little Saint Nick perform by the Beach Boys; the only group on the cassette. I liked it and I think you will to.

4.0 out of 5 stars old-fashioned Christmas, January 10, 2010
This review is from: Christmas All-Time Greatest Records (Audio CD)
This is a great party CD for background music, or for your parents. Nostalgia plus.

4.0 out of 5 stars an OK CD, January 3, 2015
This review is from: Christmas All-Time Greatest Records (Audio CD)
CD received + had some skips in it but I listened to the end, Amazon was kind to send a replacement, Songs are by older artists that do a very good job but certainly doesn't meet the threshold of All Time Greatest Records, the 12 songs are good but definitely not the best or most classic ones, but I gave 4 stars + this volume is much better than same title as Volume 2,

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday Cards, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Christmas All-Time Greatest Records (Audio CD)
Amazon provides a great service with online birthday greetings. It makes it quick and easy for me to get birthday gifts to my grandchildren who live out of state. Thank you!

Christmas All-Time Greatest Records
Christmas All-Time Greatest Records by Christmas All-Time Greatest Re (Audio CD - 2011)