Learn more Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now

94%

VINE VOICEon December 31, 2013
Dave Barnes has one of those voices that is comfortable and interesting to listen to. His laid-back, jazzy style is absolutely perfect for Christmas music and his original songs are excellent examples of just how to write a song: deep and meaningful lyrics (take heed, Taylor Swift) and the instrumentation can best be described as energetic, simple at times and mostly just plain fun. His two Christmas CDs is where I started, but I'm starting to get his other CDs. You won't regret getting this CD for the holidays!
on December 12, 2013
Dave Barnes is an incredible song writer and that's evident on this CD where many of the Christmas songs are original. I prefer Christmas albums where the artist hasn't just recorded all the same old Christmas classic tunes. I really enjoy a Christmas album with a good combination of both. Dave Barnes delivers this with some incredible original songs. Highly recommended!
on December 14, 2012
I had never heard of this guy before, so I just borrowed the disc the library, figuring at least it will be something new (and free if I didn't like it) . I love the acoustic blues/country kind of style, reminds me a bit of Ray LaMontagne. Of the ten songs, six are original Barnes compositions, which is always a plus for me, given the large amount of Christmas music I listen to. The title cut sets the tone, and the lovely guitar-only `Mary and Joseph' is like a modern re-telling of the nativity story. Harry Connick Jr's "I Pray on Christmas" leads the covers. Barnes also produced the set quite competently-- I think I will be checking out more of his material
on January 10, 2014
David Barnes does a terrific job on this album. We listen to this album on Christmas morning, while we are sipping hot cocoa and opening gifts. It makes us feel like he is there with us, cozy in his pjs, giving and recieving gifts. He's a great gift giver.
on November 22, 2013
Love love LOVE this album. And it was $3 cheaper on Amazon than iTunes! Love the fun, jazzy, smooth, beautiful voice of Dave Barnes, and this album adds a unique dimension to my Christmas music that I have been searching for. A twist on some old classics and some beautiful new songs, as well. The Mary and Joseph song is just gorgeous and why I looked up the album in the first place. Thank you, Dave Barnes! This just might end up being my new favorite Christmas album. Timeless.
on December 7, 2011
In a world of mediocre and re-hashed Christmas music, Dave Barnes has recorded a real winner. From the stunning "Mary and Joseph" to the sexy "Christmas Tonight", this album delivers great music on every track. I'm a real Christmas music junkie, and while this album has only been out a year, it's already at the top of my playlist. Even though I could have done without another version of "I'll Be Home for Christmas", I still listen to Dave Barnes' version because of his genuine voice and vocal styling. I don't know of anyone outside of Amy Grant that has ever pulled off the electric mix of sacred and secular music on one album with such grace and style as Barnes. With 258 five-star ratings on iTunes, Christmas music lovers are finding their way to this album. I've purchased multiple copies of the CD's as gifts, and the reaction is one of joy from first-time listeners. If you love Christmas music, this album is sure to be a winning addition to your holiday listening rotation.
on June 20, 2013
This is such a great Christmas album. Most artist today mess up Christmas music. They try to fit it into genres where it doesn't belong. I feel that "Very Merry Christmas" is a timeless album. There are quite a few of his own Christmas songs on this album. Usually when an artist makes new Christmas songs I'm worried they'll mess it up. Not Dave Barnes. His Christmas songs will leave you asking why they aren't classic songs that are always played on the radio. Great Job Dave!
on February 1, 2014
Dave Barnes is a welcome addition to my Holiday music! His voice has a slightly rough and sexy edge that is so pleasant to hear. Bonus for Dave is a duet her performs with Hillary Scott from Lady Antebellum. I probably listened to this CD 10 time through the month of December. He's a great artist. Check out some of his sound tracks online or on YouTube. Then buy or download the CD. You won't be disappointed.
on December 23, 2010
This Christmas album is perfect for playing almost every occasion during the holidays because it sounds so mellow, relax, stylish and metro smart. Dave Barnes remakes great classic such as 'All I Want For Christmas Is You', 'I'll Be Home For Christmas', 'The Christmas Song' into a light lounge type of vibes which are perfect for holiday moments whenever you listen them at home or playing it on a lounge party. Others classic like the opening track 'Very Merry Christmas', an appreciative mood of 'Meet Me at the Mistletoe', a gospel country type 'Mary and Joesph' and a duet with Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott on 'Christmas Tonight'. All songs no doubt give you an extra merry Christmas mood all years long.

My personal very merry recommendation: Track 8: Holiday made for Two, perfect for a romantic holiday!!
on December 19, 2010
Dave Barnes is an absolute musical genius. His voice fits beautifully along with the melodies throughout every song he performs. He brings passion to the music on this album and has created a Christmas cd that is worth every penny, if not more. I'm not one to usually buy Christmas cds since I generally only listen to them once a year, but I'm in love with this album and can't wait to play it for years to come.