Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon November 5, 2012
Olivia Mead and her classmates have been given an assignment to give oral reports about their impossible Christmas wish. Olivia's wish is for someone else, and she also wants to help other children's wishes come true. Is the run down house in the neighborhood a wishing house? Is it occupied by an angel who will grant these wishes?

I've been in the mood to watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music for a couple weeks now. I heard about this movie while watching Game Over , an episode of Tia & Tamera on Style Network. I looked forward to seeing it for two reasons: It is a Christmas movie. And watching Tia & Tamera has shown me how hard Tamera has worked to be cast in a television show or movie. When she announced on her reality show that she got the part, I was very happy for her.

Christmas Angel cast: Teri Polo (Melinda Mead), Kevin Sorbo (Nathan Davis), Della Reese (Elsie), Tamera Mowry-Housley (Daphney Conroy), Jaiden Kaine (Jeb Conroy), Izabela Vidovic (Olivia Mead), Tyler Humphrey (Lucas Conroy), Lisa Arnold (Mrs. Bell), Rob Boltin (Mr. Brennan), Toby Nichols (Bully). It was nice to see Della Reese after so many years. And child actor Izabela Vidovic - this little lady is talented.

It seems most Christmas movies are about Santa and reindeer and elves and magical things. I'm okay with those; I like make believe. Wishes are granted in this movie, but not in any magical way (I'll leave it at that, don't want to tell too much). Christmas Angel is a film I really enjoyed more than most, because characters believed in God. It was nice to see praying at the dinner table and at bedtime and to hear Scripture quoted.

My favorite characters: Olivia (She was an intelligent little girl and she made me smile) and Elsie (Her story was interesting and she gave me things to think about).

My favorite line: Some things only God can do. Only God knows how to help.

Christmas Angel is a good family movie. Yes, there is one child bullying another; however, the way it was done I felt bad for the child being bullied, of course, but I also felt bad for the bully - the reason for his actions is clear. Also, there's a beautiful song playing during the closing credits - Mandisa is singing `Somebody's Angel'. I highly recommend this film!!
review image
on November 7, 2012
I love Christmas movies because they are family friendly and they have wonderful messages. Christmas Angel is no exception-its message is very simple and one the whole family can relate to-all things are possible when you believe and trust in God. The cast is outstanding,most notably Della Resse as Miss Elsie and Kevin Sorbo as Dr.Nathan Davis,a man who needs another chance in life,but doesn't know it-yet. I know your family will enjoy this movie and will want to watch it again and again!
on November 27, 2012
I can't say that about most Christmas movies. Usually they contain at least moments of cringe worthy sappy-ness. But the Christmas Angel is a perfect blend of family and holiday that will touch your heart.

Olivia (who is adorable!) makes a Christmas wish for her mom to find a husband. And though this movie contains some romance (slowly budding and heart-stirring!) it is more about the discovery of God's hand behind the scenes and the amazing way He works.

I do not cry too often while watching Christmas movies (unless it's to despair of the two hours I wasted just for an ending too corny to be believed), but this one brought out a few tears!

A great movie. And one to be watched again!
on December 16, 2012
While browsing Netflix, I found this movie and took a chance on watching it. It is a wonderful and heartfelt movie which I would recommend to anyone, especially families. The main characters are children who have beautiful, innocent hearts and want to help others. The movie shows the power that results from their belief of acting with a true, loving heart with selfless intentions. There are the lessons of life played out from action causing reaction. Many subjects from the movie can be discussed at the dinner table with the family in order to relate to real life issues that arise. The cast is wonderful especially the two children. I bought this for my mother and she has watched it twice since receiving it.
Another plus is that some of the profits from this movie are going to a non-profit organization to help, I believe, people with leprosy. The credits went quickly but that is what I remember.
Enjoy and maybe watching this movie will become a Christmas tradition at your home.
on January 2, 2013
Bought this for a girls group we have. All of us were touched by the messages and chucked at the fun parts. And overall great message of love, hope, humanity. A rare family movie that is contemporary and Christian, clean and fun! Should be a Christmas tradition every year, to get the true meaning of the spirit of Christmas! But definitely not limited to just the holiday I give this one an A!
on February 4, 2014
The Christmas Angel is a story of compassion, friendship, and love. Della Reese is as usual acts her part with conviction and a determination to make it lifelike. There are not too many Christmas stories with an emphasis on the spiritual nature of the season. this show does just that. I enjoyed it immensely.

knight68
on November 17, 2014
Good story/plot for any day, not just at Christmas. I bought both "Christmas Angel" movies. The other "Christmas Angel" stars Bruce Davison. Seen both movies and both are good. I would buy again and give them as gifts. This movie is about a few characters: an older woman played by Della Reese meets a little girl. They become friends. Later, the little girl finds out the woman's past. Kevin Sorbo meets the mother of the little girl. The little girl, is trying to find her mom, a new husband. I enjoyed the plot of the old woman, best. Great ending.
on February 3, 2016
This is a great family movie. I had this one before and lent it to someone. I couldn't stand not having it at Christmas time. It has become one of those traditional films to watch that goes with specific holidays.
on February 4, 2016
I really enjoy this movie when I seen it on TV. Decided that I wanted to have it in my home to watch whenever I wanted too. The message that is gives is so touching and should be remembered all year around.
on April 28, 2013
LOVE KEVIN SORBO. HE HAS BEEN THROUGH A LOT IN HIS LIFE AND STILL KEEPS GOING. I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF HIS MOVIES AND LOVE THEM. GREAT ACTOR.