5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST FOR ANY JOHN DENVER FAN!!
Published on December 10, 2004 by Taylor Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars The Good and The Bad of Live Performance
First, I must say that I am a life-long fan of John Denver. In particular, I love his music up into the early 1980's. I and my family are also big fans of Christmas music. This live Christmas Concert seemed like a good choice to add to my music collection. Well, I find it just okay. Live performances are an interesting thing. On one hand, you get to experience the full...
Published 18 months ago by Bryan Cannon

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST FOR ANY JOHN DENVER FAN!!, December 10, 2004
I was "skeptical" at first..I actually don't have any "live" cds of anyone..until I bought this one this week...it is awesome..every minute you get deeper and deeper ...entranced and "hugged" by every song...you are part of this incredible event...I love all the songs..but the highlight for me is his O HOLY NIGHT...it actually makes me CRY...he is pure heart and soul when he sings it...so beautiful..GET IT...a treasure!!

5.0 out of 5 stars DENVER SINGS WITH HOLIDAY JOY IN HIS HEART!, September 28, 2001
cocoproducer "cocoproducer" (Westminster, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
It is no secret that John Denver was singing better than ever in his last years. His voice had matured and his love for life was beautifully sung in his music. In this latest album, the second LIVE CD released in 2001, John reflects the spirit of the holiday season with traditional Christmas music. He later blends his own music for the grateful audience in Washington, D.C. His humor in between songs is uplifting and truly a sign that John was always enjoying himself on stage.
I think anyone who appreciates John Denver's gift for song and life will appreciate this CD as he is at his best on stage. He makes Christmas music perfect for anytime of the year! Thank you John for a lifetime of joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new John Denver Live Christmas Classic, October 29, 2002
Liz Seger (Port Colborne, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This is one live cd no John Denver fan should miss, especially if you never got to hear John Denver live in concert or at a christmas concert. It combines the best elements of Christmas music and John Denver kind of like hotccocoa and marshmellows. And ironically it is probably one of the last live performances in North America Mr. Denver did. He is charming and humourous and there's nothing offensive about this concert cd. My only regret is that there's no video on it. Like the Wildlife Concert Denver was at his zenith with this cd. A Christmas classic to own and enjoy and pass down to the kids and grandkids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Like Being There, May 5, 2002
David W. Heckmann "subdude" (Newton, Wisconsin United States) - See all my reviews
I saw John Denver live in concert for the last time back in the early 90's on a cold December night in Green Bay Wisconsin, it was his Christmas concert. Hearing this release brought back some very good memories. You have got to get this CD. I had to laugh when I heard this mistakes made with the children's choir. The same thing happened the night I heard him. Noel Christmas is a hauntingly beautiful piece of music. No John Denver collection is complete without this concert recording.

5.0 out of 5 stars You gotta have this CD!, April 17, 2002
The best thing about this album is that it is a true showcase of John doing what he did best....concerts. If you close your eyes, and listen, it's like you're right there. They included a good deal of song introduction, his talk with band members and the kids' choir, and interaction with the audience...one very important thing that made him so special to see live. Being a Christmas concert, it is also very unique in just that sense. Plus, I can always use a new live version of "Calypso"! If you own nothing else of John's except the "JD and the Muppets" Christmas album, you should enjoy this just as much. If you own any other JD Christmas albums, you'll enjoy it more! The only downside may be some of the production, but it doesn't take away from the material in any way.

4.0 out of 5 stars The last Christmas, November 3, 2001
Patricia A. Cavanaugh (Lancaster, PA United States) - See all my reviews
My first John Denver concert was Christmas 1996, just a few days before this concert. I am thrilled to have it on CD. John's voice is wonderfully rich and clear, one of the most beautiful I've ever heard. "Oh, Holy Night" is breathtaking! "Falling Leaves" is the perfect closing to this excellent performance. The only reason I can't give the album five stars has nothing to do with the quality of the CD or with John's singing; it's with some of the selections. Why, oh, why did he include "Please, Daddy"? With a voice as beautiful as John Denver's, it's sad he wasted it on such pieces as "Rudolph" and "Jingle Bells." How I long to hear him sing true Christmas carols. The few that he did in this concerts are beautiful, though, and the children's choir is excellent. It is difficult to hear some of John's remarks. When all is said and done, everyone who likes John Denver even a wee bit needs this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars God Bless John Denver!, December 22, 2002
By A Customer
We should all feel so truly blessed that John Denver was here
with us for as many Christmases as he was...He had a very special\message that we should all listen to...before the world\is no longer what we all thought it should be ....Those
of us who really knew and understood John's message...God bless
all of us ......Barb

5.0 out of 5 stars Any John Denver Fan will Love This CD, October 28, 2005
L. Gray (Johnstown, PA) - See all my reviews
John loved performing with a symphony orchestra and it shows all through out this CD. Besides the wonderful music, you will love hearing the joy in his voice, his heartfelt laughter and the stories he tells about how some of the songs came to be. I'm so glad I didn't think..."I don't need that, I already have those songs"...and purchased this CD. I saw John at least 15 times in concert...with this CD, I feel like I'm at number 16! John Denver fans you'll want to add this to your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Classic, June 30, 2006
All John Denver live performances are great and this one is one of the best. John was at his best in front of an audience. And he loved singing with an orchestra, and what better one than the National Symphony. John's renderings of the classic Christmas songs are warm and wonderful. And one additional note, the photos in the liner are wonderful.... not that I'm biased because they were taken by my best friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Denver Christman In concert, September 28, 2001
By A Customer
It is great to still be able to get new CD's even after the death of John. This is a wonderful collection and I would highly recommened it to all John Denver fans

Christmas in Concert
Christmas in Concert by John Denver (Audio CD - 2001)